• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

COLD WAR!! U.S. expels 35 Russian diplomats, closes two compounds

Trump is gonna have a hard time continuing his Putin-loving ways. He'll have to face the music, sooner than later.

mcconnellmitch_121216_getty.jpg

McConnell: New Russia sanctions an 'initial step'

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/312153-mcconnell-new-russia-sanctions-an-initial-step

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Thursday called new sanctions against Russia an "initial step" but reiterated that lawmakers will review Moscow's meddling in the U.S. presidential election next year.

"Sanctions against the Russian intelligence services are a good initial step, however late in coming," he said in a statement. "As the next Congress reviews Russian actions against networks associated with the U.S. election, we must also work to ensure that any attack against the United States is met with an overwhelming response.”

McConnell has backed allowing the Senate Intelligence Committee to probe the CIA's finding that Russia interfered in the White House race to help secure President-elect Donald Trump's victory. The Senate Armed Services Committee is expected to dig into intelligence agencies' findings, as well as hold broader hearings on cybersecurity.

McConnell added that the Russians "are not our friends" and suggested the Obama administration has fallen short in preventing Moscow from meddling in U.S. politics.

"Clearly the Obama administration has not yet dissuaded them from attempting to breach our cybersecurity systems, or harass our diplomats in Moscow," he said.

He also accused President Obama of reacting "passively" to a resurgent Russia, and relying too heavily on rhetoric to defend U.S. foreign policy interests.

"Countries unfriendly to the United States have employed cyberattacks, coercion, relied on proxy forces and have harassed American ships and aircraft," the Senate Republican leader said.

The Obama administration announced a slate of economic sanctions on Thursday, targeting two of Russia’s main intelligence organizations — the GRU and the FSB — four individual GRU officers, three companies that provided support to the GRU, and six individuals implicated in the campaign over its meddling in the U.S. election.

The White House is also expelling 35 Russian intelligence operatives from the country and closing two facilities used by the Russians.

McConnell's counterpart in the House, Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), separately called the sanctions an "overdue" step from the administration.

Senators in both parties are pledging to push for additional sanctions against Russia next year.

Sen. Ben Cardin (D-Md.) said Thursday that he will introduce legislation in January that will include "comprehensive enhanced sanctions." Meanwhile, Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said in a joint statement that they will "lead the effort" to impose stronger sanctions.

The move could set up Congress to butt heads with the incoming Trump administration. Lawmakers have publicly worried for months that Trump will be too friendly with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Trump has repeatedly dismissed reports that the CIA believes Russia meddled in the election to help him win. He told reporters on Wednesday that he thinks "we ought to get on with our lives" when asked about sanctions.

Hey, I didn't know this.....

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/307302-robert-de-niro-changes-tune-on-trump

[FONT=&quot]Robert De Niro is striking a more diplomatic tone regarding President-elect Donald Trump, whom he previously said he'd like to "punch ... in the face."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“I would only say that we’re all hoping, waiting and hoping, that he will lead the country in a way that’ll benefit everyone and benefit our neighbors around the world,” De Niro told ITK on Tuesday when asked what message he’d want to share with Trump.[/FONT]

Clock is ticking for Barry . He's going to be an absolute **** on his way out. ******* hilarious.

Sadly yes. Let's just hope these next few weeks do not result in something bad. All because some pissed off dem is trying to spread terrorist, racial division agendas across. The libs will eat up and side with every move he makes

“I would only say that we’re all hoping, waiting and hoping, that he will lead the country in a way that’ll benefit everyone and benefit our neighbors around the world.”

Despite my relentless anti-Trump sentiment, I actually agree with this. For the benefit of the country, and the world, I hope I'm wrong on Trump and he does a decent job as president.

Sadly yes. Let's just hope these next few weeks do not result in something bad. All because some pissed off dem is trying to spread terrorist, racial division agendas across. The libs will eat up and side with every move he makes
As far as Russia, the entire House & Senate, both Dems and Repubs are siding with Obama. Trump is alone on this. I hope he comes to his senses and sees the writing on the wall. That this isn't some lunatic left wing conspiracy, but actually a true and real manipulation by the Russians. And that Putin is no ally and is not to be trusted. The sooner he comes to realize it, the faster he - and the country - can move on. There are omnious signs that his involvement with Putin and Russia runs deep, which has created this truly unprecedented situation, where a president-elect is siding with a foreign power over our own government. Bizarre times indeed.

Last edited:
As far as Russia, the entire House & Senate, both Dems and Repubs are siding with Obama. Trump is alone on this. I hope he comes to his senses and sees the writing on the wall. That this isn't some lunatic left wing conspiracy, but actually a true and real manipulation by the Russians. And that Putin is no ally and is not to be trusted. The sooner he comes to realize it, the faster he - and the country - can move on. There are omnious signs that his involvement with Putin and Russia runs deep, which has created this truly unprecedented situation, where a president-elect is siding with a foreign power over our own government. Bizarre times indeed.

The entire house and senate. I'd like to read about that. Could you provide a link for that. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Very telling...

Trump doesn’t seem to think that our election being hacked is a big deal at all. In fact, in a pseudo-press conference earlier, Trump told the gathering that we should just “move on.”

“I think we ought to get on with our lives,” Trump told reporters on Wednesday outside Mar-a-Lago, his Palm Beach, Florida estate, with boxing promoter Don King standing by his side. “I think that computers have complicated lives very greatly. The whole age of computer has made it where nobody knows exactly what is going on.” Source: Bloomberg

Trump is making it increasingly clear that he knows absolutely nothing about computers. Yes, we do know what’s going on, at least according to 17 intelligence agencies, and he wouldn’t be President Elect if it weren’t for Russian interference.

Even before today’s press conference, Trump has repeatedly denied that Russia has had anything to do with the hacks. Of course, he offered nothing more concrete than “I don’t believe it. I don’t believe they interfered.”

Of course he’ll continue to deny the fact that makes him a completely illegitimate President and his supporters won’t care. We live in a post-truth world and whatever Trump spews from his mouth will be taken as gospel by his disciples. As for the rest of the country, well, we’re pretty much screwed. We’ve had a coup and now, Russia owns us.

BREAKING: Obama Just Threw All Russian Diplomats Out Of U.S., Trump’s Response Is CRAZY
http://newcenturytimes.com/2016/12/...ts-out-of-u-s-trumps-response-is-crazy-video/

Last edited:
The entire house and senate. I'd like to read about that.
The point is Republicans are leading the charge in pressing for further & deeper inquiry and additional sanctions. So it's a misnomer this is an agenda that Obama and the libs are pushing. Feel free to read the numerous articles out there today following release of FBI/Homeland Security report and Republican support for Obama's sanctions.

If you want world peace you need to establish a partnership with countries who have a strong military presence. I'm not saying to buy into Russia's ideologies. But Putin has a strong stance on terrorist groups within the middle east. Russia has tons of land, if successful the US can do something. There's so much tangibles that go into politics. And yes lying is one of them. But you still have to take care of the people who voted for you. I think Trump will do a good job. The first few months of his presidency is going to be establishing trusting relationships with countries like Russia. I'll agree that Putin is not an idiot and a manipulator. But thats the territory in politics

Okay Tibs I did find some articles about the leaders of the house and senate thinking that the actions taken today were overdue. And it's sounding like there is going to be a collision between the executive and legislative branches. I guess we will just have to wait and see. 22 more days.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Obama is so worried about his horrible legacy and all of his mistakes that Trump is going to correct. He's trying to muddy the waters with Russia on his way out because Trump having a good relationship with Putin right away shows what a failure Obama is. He's cutting his own throat. This punk *** ***** will go down in history as the worst president, far and away. Jimmy Carter was leaps and bounds better than him.

And there's still no evidence of Russian hacks, only allegations forced down the chain by Oterrorist to cover his ***. And here's the thing, if Russia did in any way help Trump win (which they did not) the country should be thankful for the help because Hillary would have killed us off. In two years we would all be peasants standing in line for bread and cheese.

Oh, and one other important fact: Odummy blames the hacked emails, but doesn't acknowledge that they were true! What was in the emails shows how inept Hillary, her team and the DNC are. He's mad that people found out. Pathetic.

Last edited:
ha ha

you know I just started this thread so I could cram more Dem losing down their throats, right?

chum in the waters

CwzW3bTWgAAypCu-1.jpg

RT_TrumpPresident_2_19_JACKIE.jpg

War criminal Obama!

WIKILEAKS: Obama May Have Violated Vienna Convention by Expelling Russians

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/814580032513380352?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

WikiLeaks ✔ @wikileaks
Obama's banning Russian diplomats from entering into two diplomatic properties in the US is likely a violation of the Vienna Convention.

WikiLeaks ✔ @wikileaks
Russia's UK embassy trolls Obama's expulsion of 35 Russian diplomats

WikiLeaks ✔ @wikileaks
Obama's Exec Order does not cover WikiLeaks. It covers hacking of voting machines--for which there is no evidence

The point is RINOS are leading the charge in pressing for further & deeper inquiry and additional sanctions. So it's a misnomer this is an agenda that Obama and the libs are pushing. Feel free to read the numerous articles out there today following release of FBI/Homeland Security report and Republican support for Obama's sanctions.

There fixed it for ya...the entire establishment power structure is freaking out.

What is it you suggest he do? Disband the FBI, CIA and Dept. of Homeland Security, since they're clearly working against his - and Putin's - interests? Begin (continue?) working closely with KGB and Russian intelligence, since they're the 'good guys?' The possibilities are endless. I'm sure Trump is working on several options as we sit here.
This is like when the kids wonder what the grownups talk about.

Bye bye Ruskies. Don't worry, Putin's ***** will let you back in a few weeks time.

US Officials Shutting Down Russian Compound in Maryland
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-408639275.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DCBrand

Federal officials are shutting down a Russian-owned compound on Maryland's Eastern Shore amid sweeping U.S. sanctions in response to election-related hacking.

A State Department official confirmed to News4 that one of two Russian compounds the U.S. will shut down is in Centreville, Maryland.

Video shot from Chopper4 Thursday afternoon shows a flurry of activity and multiple unmarked cars on the perimeter of the sprawling waterfront property.

Officials appeared to set up an antenna, plus lights at each entrance. A man in what appeared to be a law enforcement boat appeared to watch the property by water.

White House officials said the facility is recreational but also used for intelligence activities.

Intelligence officials told NBC News the property was used for work to monitor the National Security Agency (NSA) headquarters in Fort Meade, Maryland, and another NSA building on Kent Island.

President Barack Obama gave Russia until Friday at noon to leave the 45-acre property, which the Soviet government bought in 1972.

The second compound U.S. officials ordered Russia to vacate is in Long Island, New York.

<script type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8" src="http://www.nbcwashington.com/portableplayer/?cmsID=408647095&videoID=8n8u_myfM_ij&origin=nbcwashington.com&sec=news&subsec=local&width=600&height=360"></script><iframe style="border: medium none;" scrolling="no" id="nbcLMP4086470950" src="http://www.nbcwashington.com/templates/nbc_partner_player?cmsID=408647095&videoID=8n8u_myfM_ij&origin=nbcwashington.com&sec=news&subsec=local&width=600&height=360&turl=null&ourl=null&lp=1&random=0yp8gs" height="360" width="600"></iframe>

Last edited:
This is how you know the enemy is losing and being beaten back

20148364908_3d7b841b39.jpg

If Obama wants to play diplomat inconvenience wars with Russia, I don't really give a ****.

The problem is the timing of the whole thing. He does it with 3 weeks left in his term? Really? This is somehow payback for something he's known about for 6 months?

It just seems petty and vindictive. Not only to Russia but to Trump, the Republicans and the incoming administration.

But those of us who have been watching and listening to Obama know he's all those things all the time. Petty and vindictive about not getting his way on issues and afraid to ever come out and tell what he really wants or believes in. Always speaking with a forked tongue and careful to politically leave his convictions open to poll numbers.

His legacy is one of a smooth talking hustler that abused executive orders, politicized cabinets and agencies to do his bidding, and a failed foreign policy of inaction, pacifism and weakness that allowed Russia and China to re-establish significant clout on the world stage.

Nothing he does in the last 3 weeks is going to change that.

I bet Obama has been crying himself to sleep every night since the election. "This country hates me and my legacy is ****. Sniffle. Come here Moose, let me give you a blow job."

Can't shitcan his worthless *** out the door soon enough

Russian Foreign Affairs on Obama "And no enemy of the United States could have done worse damage.”

“This is the agony of not the lame ducks, but of political corpses.”

“The outgoing U.S. Administration, in her last days, still hopes to ruin even more the relations with Russia, forgetting, probably, that these relations had already been brought down to the ground,” Maria Zakharova, an official representative of the Russian Ministry for Foreign Affairs said

http://observer.com/2016/12/russian-media-responds-to-obama-anti-russia-sanctions/

ha ha

Russia says ignore the weakling petulant boy king, wait for the adults to assume power

Putin Says Russia Won't Expel Diplomats In Response To U.S. Sanctions

Russian President Vladimir Putin says Russia won't be expelling U.S. diplomats in a tit-for-tat response to U.S. sanctions, as his foreign minister had suggested earlier Friday.

Instead, he says he will consider President-elect Donald Trump's actions as he considers how to move forward, The Associated Press reports.

Putin called the Obama administration's actions provocative and said Russia had grounds for a response. He said the Kremlin would reserve the right to a countermeasure — but that it would not "stoop to the level of irresponsible diplomacy"

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...el-u-s-diplomats-in-response-to-u-s-sanctions

------------------------

President-elect Trump says he'll meet with intel community on Russian cyberattacks

“It's time for our country to move on to bigger and better things,” he said in a statement. “Nevertheless, in the interest of our country and its great people, I will meet with leaders of the intelligence community next week in order to be updated on the facts of this situation.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/trump-russian-cyberattacks-intelligence-233045

Last edited: