• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Colorado Bakers in a Landslide

There's a difference between disagreeing/denouncing and telling the other side to "shut up". I don't think, at any point throughout the whole "anthem protest" saga, has anyone on the left said the other side should "shut up" or not have the "freedom" or "rights" to have that opinion. That is a pretty huge logical leap and convenient in order to paint people as hypocrites. Which, by the way, I've noticed is a popular theme to the handful of your posts I've seen in this forum. Every "group" of people has hypocrites within its ranks, and I'd argue that every person acts hypocritically in his or her life at least sometimes. Raging against hypocrisy of a messenger is a convenient way to get around debating the actual issue at hand.

Are you really claiming you have not heard any players, celebs, or media saying that Trump should not be commenting on the protests?

I read many articles that have blamed Trump alone for making these protests political, as if they were not before he commented on them.

Yes, i do often use hypocrisy as my argument. I pretty much said that straight out and also explained why i do that. Hypocrisy is not just a "gotcha" debate tactic to me. It is pointing out that rules are not being applied consistently. I always try to stay consistent in my reasoning.

Of course there are hypocrits on both sides but there are far more on the liberal side. It's because they have the media on their side and know they will rarely be called on on anything they say. That's why Al Gore's house in Tennessee used more electricity than any other in the state. Because he knows damn well that the media won't report that in any major way.

The NFL is in this trouble because Goodell is a coward and too weak to apply the rules of the NFL evenly. Everything from player discipline to the anthem is handled by sticking a finger in the air a seeing which way the wind blows.

The law is all we ultimately have that keeps us free. I want laws respected and applied consistently.

Are you really claiming you have not heard any players, celebs, or media saying that Trump should not be commenting on the protests?

I read many articles that have blamed Trump alone for making these protests political, as if they were not before he commented on them.

Yes, i do often use hypocrisy as my argument. I pretty much said that straight out and also explained why i do that. Hypocrisy is not just a "gotcha" debate tactic to me. It is pointing out that rules are not being applied consistently. I always try to stay consistent in my reasoning.

Of course there are hypocrits on both sides but there are far more on the liberal side. It's because they have the media on their side and know they will rarely be called on on anything they say. That's why Al Gore's house in Tennessee used more electricity than any other in the state. Because he knows damn well that the media won't report that in any major way.

The NFL is in this trouble because Goodell is a coward and too weak to apply the rules of the NFL evenly. Everything from player discipline to the anthem is handled by sticking a finger in the air a seeing which way the wind blows.

The law is all we ultimately have that keeps us free. I want laws respected and applied consistently.
I didn't realize you were talking about Trump himself. In normal, every day discourse between Americans, I don't think anyone (on either side) is arguing that the other side doesn't have the right to their opinion. But in terms of Trump himself and his comments, I think we can agree that him suggesting "they should be FIRED!" and "maybe they shouldn't be in the country" introduces a sketchy First Amendment issue. Once the government starts telling people what they can or can't say or else they will intervene to influence their employment status (a crime) then yeah I think that infringes on peoples' freedom. And since individual freedom is the ultimate virtue in these discussions, I think Trump has acted out of line in this regard. And even the NFL owners have admitted that the league caved to Trump's pressure to make the new anthem rule. That just feels wrong to me, doesn't it for you?

And I don't even have any desire to get into kind of pissing contest over this because neither of us have data, but I do not think there are "more" hypocritical liberals than conservatives. How you interpret this really depends on the lens through which you view the world. Most vocal liberals I know scream about the hypocrisy of the right with perfectly valid examples on a daily basis. And luckily (for all of us) the media doesn't make the law. Although the people who do make the law are all hypocrites too, so.. I really hope you're not arguing that conservative politicians treat liberals (see Obama) to the same standard as their own.

Last edited:
Colorado Bakers....love the double meaning there.....

Oh I clearly saw you DISAGREED with the bakers while simultaneously saying you support their rights. That hot mess didn't escape me in the least.

I can love another human being and disagree with their principles. I can stand for my religious beliefs while doing so and refuse them service.

LOL! How the **** is that any different than my position of PERSONALLY disagreeing with his refusal but acknowledging his right to do so?

This thread is hilarious. Even when two people from opposite side basically agree in principle, they manage to argue about **** that just doesn’t matter. There truly is no hope left. SMDH.

None of these links show anyone saying people shouldn't have the "right" or "freedom" to their opinion, which is what tape's post is all about

while that may be correct, it is also suggesting/implying that the people who are against said protests are all doing so out of racist ideals. I've yet to see a single instance from anyone on the left of someone arguing that people who are disgusted by kneeling during the anthem are not racist, but see it as a sign of blatant disrespect to the very people who fought and died for their right to kneel - as well as those continuing to fight for these same rights. While I can understand the act of wanting to take a knee to bring about change in society, I also see this as more harmful than good.

I'd much rather see these same prima dona athletes go to some VA clinics, work with the vets there, protest outside government facilities, incorporate themselves into the cities in which they live by making themselves accessible to inner city youths, holding free football camps, mentoring at Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Youth Villages, etc. Possibly even taking ride-alongs with some of the police without media acknowledgement to see how police work is see from the police viewpoint.

IMO, this would bring about a swifter change in society. It would garner mutual respect for both sides, allowing communication to flow unabated and unfiltered by media mouthpieces. People could learn from each other, understand others' viewpoints and how they live their lives, with possibly feeling empathy towards their fellow man.

Instead, what they are doing is divisive. It is seen (by those disgusted with the act) as being woefully disrespectful, insensitive, coarse, self-serving and ignorant. These players who do kneel, have you heard of them working in the cities? I will say that Kaepernick does put his money and time where his mouth is. I may not agree with how he conducts himself to get his point across (kneeling), but do respect him working in communities. I believe he may not be receptive to but one side of this problem, as he seems to point the finger of blame at just one side.

Are there any grounds whatsoever to base this on? Has Trump or ANY of his past wives/relationships ever even hinted at a propensity for violence in him? And here I didn't think they could stoop any lower. Boy I'm still naive I guess.
There are several documented incidents of Hildebeast attacking Bill and the Secret Service wondering if they needed to step in to protect the President from the First Lady.

If it was my bakery I would have made the wedding cake with two grooms and not had a problem with it but then I wouldn't have ended up famous and in the Supreme Court because they would have gone somewhere else looking to be turned down.

Last edited:
34644299_2122644794620091_6577865017960431616_n.jpg

This thread is hilarious. Even when two people from opposite side basically agree in principle, they manage to argue about **** that just doesn’t matter. There truly is no hope left. SMDH.

Kills me too. The ridiculous parsing of minutia in threads like these is enough to kill many of my remaining brain cells.

"You are screwed now! The 16th word in the 7th paragraph of the 3rd post you just typed today is different than the 12th word in the 5th paragraph of your 2nd post yesterday! You just contradicted yourself! Aha!!!! I got ya now!"

Kills me too. The ridiculous parsing of minutia in threads like these is enough to kill many of my remaining brain cells.

If you get your way, Flog won't have anything left to contribute to SN though.