• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Comments/articles about Pgh final 53

I still can’t believe there is fans that take stock in PFF.

I realize I am pretty much on an island here as it pertains to thinking Dan Moore may become a pretty good LT. I am also on an island thinking that Broderick Jones may have been an unnecessary pick. Again, nothing against the player, he may be very good too in time. OL was not their only need. But here is the thing...

This is where the Steelers are so aggravating. It is them that are telling us with their 1st round picks over the last 2 years they think their tackle play is lacking. Ok then, dammit. Play them where they are supposed to be, Jones at left, Fatanu at right and Moore the swing. If Moore can't do it, find someone else. But then in the same breath they tell us, by their actions, wait a minute Dan Moore is good at LT by keeping him there exclusively, and starting him. Well, which one is it? I know injuries play a role, but Jones isn't out. Put him at LT, and figure out the RT position until Fatanu is ready.

Me? Like I said, I think Dan Moore will be fine. Upon reflection, if I could have a redo, I would have went a different position in 2023 and drafted Fatanu this year as they did. I do kind of hope I'm wrong. I hope they finally put Jones over there, Fatanu at RT, they ball out and I look like an idiot. But the Steelers, in playing it safe, don't seem to be accomplishing anything at the tackle position.

I realize I am pretty much on an island here as it pertains to thinking Dan Moore may become a pretty good LT. I am also on an island thinking that Broderick Jones may have been an unnecessary pick. Again, nothing against the player, he may be very good too in time. OL was not their only need. But here is the thing...

This is where the Steelers are so aggravating. It is them that are telling us with their 1st round picks over the last 2 years they think their tackle play is lacking. Ok then, dammit. Play them where they are supposed to be, Jones at left, Fatanu at right and Moore the swing. If Moore can't do it, find someone else. But then in the same breath they tell us, by their actions, wait a minute Dan Moore is good at LT by keeping him there exclusively, and starting him. Well, which one is it? I know injuries play a role, but Jones isn't out. Put him at LT, and figure out the RT position until Fatanu is ready.

Me? Like I said, I think Dan Moore will be fine. Upon reflection, if I could have a redo, I would have went a different position in 2023 and drafted Fatanu this year as they did. I do kind of hope I'm wrong. I hope they finally put Jones over there, Fatanu at RT, they ball out and I look like an idiot. But the Steelers, in playing it safe, don't seem to be accomplishing anything at the tackle position.
Your take is all fine and dandy, but what is it based on? Not #s. Dan Moore has given up the worst tackle ratings since Blake Hance in 2021. Moore scored a 58 out of 58 OTs. That would be dead last. That is "not good." (Jones wasn't much better, coming in 55th place.) I don't keep them handy, but every time I look up there is another stat that shows just how s----y Moore is at his job. And has been for three straight years. Oh yes, we have to hear about how he is "the new Moore" at each camp, but he always comes out and puts up last place #s that season. Every season. But some how, he ends up our starting LT. One year is understandable. Injuries happen. Two years is not acceptable. Three years is inexcusable. Fours years is incomprehensible, just as having Canada OC and Harvin for three seasons was. One determining factor: Mediocre Mike. Pgh will once again put THE worst LT on the field to start the 2024 season, for four years in a row. Unfathomable.

Your take is all fine and dandy, but what is it based on? Not #s. Dan Moore has given up the worst tackle ratings since Blake Hance in 2021. Moore scored a 58 out of 58 OTs. That would be dead last. That is "not good." (Jones wasn't much better, coming in 55th place.) I don't keep them handy, but every time I look up there is another stat that shows just how s----y Moore is at his job. And has been for three straight years. Oh yes, we have to hear about how he is "the new Moore" at each camp, but he always comes out and puts up last place #s that season. Every season. But some how, he ends up our starting LT. One year is understandable. Injuries happen. Two years is not acceptable. Three years is inexcusable. Fours years is incomprehensible, just as having Canada OC and Harvin for three seasons was. One determining factor: Mediocre Mike. Pgh will once again put THE worst LT on the field to start the 2024 season, for four years in a row. Unfathomable.
Mediocre Mike. Post to post thread thread huh cooch. You know what is below mediocre? Your posts.

I am starting to think that Lloyd is not a fan of Tomlins. Or of Moores.
I have no prove. Just a hunch

Based on what? Well, as an example, Moore has been starting pretty much for 3 years. The supposed greatest defensive player today, Myles Garrett, has 4 sacks on him in 6 games. I had to look that up. I don't get all in a lather over numbers. They don't mean much in my opinion, because they don't take a lot into account. Do they take into account the shiity offense? Or a QB who ran into sacks? I just know when watching he is not the turnstile you make him out to be. Another example, if a QB throws some interceptions, do numbers take into account a wrong route or it bounced off the receivers hands?

Listen, I'll agree that I don't understand how the Steelers are handling their line. Their actions show one thing, and then other actions show the opposite. With your angst at Tomlin, Moore gets hit with shrapnel. Again, no where have I said he will be this pro bowl LT, but based on my eyes, I think he will be a solid guy you can win with.

Based on what? Well, as an example, Moore has been starting pretty much for 3 years. The supposed greatest defensive player today, Myles Garrett, has 4 sacks on him in 6 games. I had to look that up. I don't get all in a lather over numbers. They don't mean much in my opinion, because they don't take a lot into account. Do they take into account the shiity offense? Or a QB who ran into sacks? I just know when watching he is not the turnstile you make him out to be. Another example, if a QB throws some interceptions, do numbers take into account a wrong route or it bounced off the receivers hands?

Listen, I'll agree that I don't understand how the Steelers are handling their line. Their actions show one thing, and then other actions show the opposite. With your angst at Tomlin, Moore gets hit with shrapnel. Again, no where have I said he will be this pro bowl LT, but based on my eyes, I think he will be a solid guy you can win with.
I'm basing my OPINIONs of Moore based on my eyes and everything I have read on the guy, including #s which you have already stated you don't believe in. Fine. I DO put some weight on them. As you stated, the #s may not tell the WHOLE story (# of sacks) but to me, DO tell a big part of the story. And his rankings are always in the basement, every single year. SO all the analysts must be on the same conspiracy drive. The guy is always listed at the bottom of starting LT lists, ALL of them. He may not be the complete turnstile you say I anoint him as, but he's not too far off. As the staring LT for 4 years, he's not too good. The incompetence allowing him to remain as the starting LT is breathtaking. Never have I seen a player so universally condemned remain the starter for 4 years, I don't think ever. And yet, here he is. Another year.

Steelers spent the last 2 #1s on guys who played LT in college.

I do not recall anyone in this site or any other suggesting that was not a good idea; because Moore has played below average his entire career.

LT is the marquee OL spot on every other NFL team; Steelers got lucky with Villanueva's athleticism; otherwise they have neglected this position since Marvel Smith (average) left.

When the team signals -- twice -- that it needs a better solution than Moore, it not on those observers here at SN to simply say, well Moore had a great off-season, let's let the 2 #1s ride pine while he improves from #32 LT to#28LT.

The team handled the position poorly for years, then used huge draft capital to address LT and now have the problem -- Moore -- as the solution, at least short term.

I mean WTF?
Totally agree. What confuses me is that they entrusted the LT position to a rookie third rounder. Then, they move up in the draft for a franchise LT, yet move him to RT. You mean to tell me they value a third rounder more than a first rounder? That's messed up. Moore should have been told he's moving to RT or will be moved off the roster!

Totally agree. What confuses me is that they entrusted the LT position to a rookie third rounder. Then, they move up in the draft for a franchise LT, yet move him to RT. You mean to tell me they value a third rounder more than a first rounder? That's messed up. Moore should have been told he's moving to RT or will be moved off the roster!
Moore was a fourth rounder...

And not highly regarded as his 4th round pick showcases.
He is doing a lot better than several 4th round picks around the league. He is not the long-term answer, everyone knows that. But he should have a good career as a backup with a ton of starting experience.

He is doing a lot better than several 4th round picks around the league. He is not the long-term answer, everyone knows that. But he should have a good career as a backup with a ton of starting experience.
Or he could put on him best Dotson and be a quality starter elsewhere. I think he will be adequate this season. Anywho they have a quality blocking TE, cheat him over there on some plays plays…

**** pff they are a brown's fan site

I’d say “No Shi t”, but that is exactly what they are made of, and plenty of it……….. Both pff & browns.

Salute the nation

Your take is all fine and dandy, but what is it based on? Not #s. Dan Moore has given up the worst tackle ratings since Blake Hance in 2021. Moore scored a 58 out of 58 OTs. That would be dead last.

What a jackass, you question another poster’s viewpoint by asking what was his baseline taken from? Yet you opine yours against a 2019 UDFA who has played in 50 games total, while Moore will START number 50 in three years next weekend? On top of that your ranking “score” suspiciously looks gleaned from PFF and their BS “proprietary formula”. Sorry, your evaluation method would be dead last to even a 1st grader. Stick to Jacksonville croquet competitions, you look less asinine.

If he was highly regarded he would have been a 1st rounder.
Well, probably higher than a 4th, unless coming off an injury or law situation. He wasn't as far as I know. He was a Colbert/Tomlin pick.