• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Congratulations From a Bears Fan

Bearslifer

Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to congratulate you on getting Justin Fields (H1M) from us and want to let you know that the vast majority of Bears fans are pissed. Do not let our local sports radio “professionals” or Chicago Bears Internet forums fool you, the real people that you run across face to face in the city of Chicago are hurting from the loss of Fields.

Throughout his 3 year career in Chicago, he wasn’t supported by management. The first GM was incompetent and the current GM didn’t draft him, so he’s not married to him.

His 1st year was spent under a GM and HC that tossed him out there to start without a credible offensive philosophy for him (The veteran starter that fit the offensive scheme was hurt early in the season), he was behind a makeshift O-Line (See the Cleveland game his rookie season), and no offensive weapons around him. The GM and Head Coach were fired after the season.

His 2nd year was spent under a new GM that didn’t draft him, a rookie head coach, and a rookie offensive coordinator that had never called plays in college or the pros. The new GM immediately began to strip down the team in preparation for a full on rebuild, and after trading/releasing players left & right, the GM began replacing them with scrap heap players. His only acquisition for Justin Fields was his trade with you guys for the supposed new #1 WR for Fields, which was Chase Claypool. The rebuild/tank is why we ended up having the #1 overall draft pick last year, not because of Justin Fields.

His 3rd year this past season, after trading the top draft pick to Carolina, Justin was given a real weapon for the first time in his NFL career (DJ Moore), but our season began with our offensive line being hit with injuries (starting LT and LG) and personal issues (our starting RG lost his mother and wasn’t available for several games). We also had a starting Center that couldn’t snap balls to the QB out of shotgun, which caused Fields to leap in the air to keep the snaps from sailing over his head multiple times in every game (No joke. Look at the videos) On top of that, the OC wanted to turn Justin Fields into a statuesque pocket passer, instead of utilizing his amazing athleticism. Of course behind a depleted O-Line and incompetent OC, we struggled to begin the season. But after Fields went public with negative comments against the OC, the offensive scheme shifted a week later. At that point, Justin Fields went crazy and gave DJ Moore one of the best seasons of his career, and TE Cole Kmet had a career year. After missing a few weeks because of injury, Justin Fields returned and kept up the winning. Unfortunately for the Bears, we had defensive collapses and bad coaching that made us lose three games that we were winning big entering the 4th quarter, which is why the HC was on the hot seat. If not for those 3 losses, we would’ve been in the playoffs.

To sum it all up, you people are getting a very talented quarterback that simply needs the commitment from management and his HC to become a superstar. There is a reason why he was traded to the AFC, and not the NFC. Deep down, management knows what he’s capable of behind a O-Line that gives him time, some playmakers that won’t continually drop his beautiful passes, and an OC that knows how to call plays.

I’m a Bears fan for life, but I now have a second NFL team that I will support. That’s now the Steelers.

Just wanted to congratulate you on getting Justin Fields (H1M) from us and want to let you know that the vast majority of Bears fans are pissed. Do not let our local sports radio “professionals” or Chicago Bears Internet forums fool you, the real people that you run across face to face in the city of Chicago are hurting from the loss of Fields.

Throughout his 3 year career in Chicago, he wasn’t supported by management. The first GM was incompetent and the current GM didn’t draft him, so he’s not married to him.

His 1st year was spent under a GM and HC that tossed him out there to start without a credible offensive philosophy for him (The veteran starter that fit the offensive scheme was hurt early in the season), he was behind a makeshift O-Line (See the Cleveland game his rookie season), and no offensive weapons around him. The GM and Head Coach were fired after the season.

His 2nd year was spent under a new GM that didn’t draft him, a rookie head coach, and a rookie offensive coordinator that had never called plays in college or the pros. The new GM immediately began to strip down the team in preparation for a full on rebuild, and after trading/releasing players left & right, the GM began replacing them with scrap heap players. His only acquisition for Justin Fields was his trade with you guys for the supposed new #1 WR for Fields, which was Chase Claypool. The rebuild/tank is why we ended up having the #1 overall draft pick last year, not because of Justin Fields.

His 3rd year this past season, after trading the top draft pick to Carolina, Justin was given a real weapon for the first time in his NFL career (DJ Moore), but our season began with our offensive line being hit with injuries (starting LT and LG) and personal issues (our starting RG lost his mother and wasn’t available for several games). We also had a starting Center that couldn’t snap balls to the QB out of shotgun, which caused Fields to leap in the air to keep the snaps from sailing over his head multiple times in every game (No joke. Look at the videos) On top of that, the OC wanted to turn Justin Fields into a statuesque pocket passer, instead of utilizing his amazing athleticism. Of course behind a depleted O-Line and incompetent OC, we struggled to begin the season. But after Fields went public with negative comments against the OC, the offensive scheme shifted a week later. At that point, Justin Fields went crazy and gave DJ Moore one of the best seasons of his career, and TE Cole Kmet had a career year. After missing a few weeks because of injury, Justin Fields returned and kept up the winning. Unfortunately for the Bears, we had defensive collapses and bad coaching that made us lose three games that we were winning big entering the 4th quarter, which is why the HC was on the hot seat. If not for those 3 losses, we would’ve been in the playoffs.

To sum it all up, you people are getting a very talented quarterback that simply needs the commitment from management and his HC to become a superstar. There is a reason why he was trade to the AFC, and not the NFC. Deep down, management knows what he’s capable of behind a O-Line that gives him time, some playmakers that won’t continually drop his beautiful passes, and an OC that knows how to call plays.

I’m a Bears fan for life, but I now have a second NFL team that I will support. That’s now the Steelers.
How do you feel about the Claypool trade?

How do you feel about the Claypool trade?
I was initially excited about it because of his size, speed, and excellent college career at nearby Notre Dame. Unfortunately that excitement soon departed when it appeared he wasn’t studying the playbook and he seemed to be unwilling to block or do any dirty work. I also expected him to fight for jump balls because of his size, but he didn’t appear to be interested in doing that.

I was initially excited about it because of his size, speed, and excellent college career at nearby Notre Dame. Unfortunately that excitement soon departed when it appeared he wasn’t studying the playbook and he seemed to be unwilling to block or do any dirty work. I also expected him to fight for jump balls because of his size, but he didn’t appear to be interested in doing that.
yep that guy. all the talent in the world. No desire to be great.

He had a great rookie season. I thought he would be a top 5 receiver in the league within a year or two. Don’t know what went wrong with him.

I wasnt excited about getting him as the starter but seems like a great deal as a back up.more will be revealed.

He had a great rookie season. I thought he would be a top 5 receiver in the league within a year or two. Don’t know what went wrong with him.
I didn’t follow him after he left Notre Dame, except for some highlights here and there. When he was traded to us, we thought we were getting a young WR on his way to stardom like Justin Jefferson and Ja’Marr Chase. We thought we fleeced your front office with the 2nd rounder. We were completely wrong.

I wasnt excited about getting him as the starter but seems like a great deal as a back up.more will be revealed.
The Steelers are about to have a ton of new fans. Some dual Bears/Steelers fans like me, but some people in Chicago say that they’re completely done with the Bears because of them doing Fields dirty.

Justin Fields was the “makeup” blessing for a lot of Bears fans because the GM that drafted Fields is the same GM that made the biggest blunder in Chicago Bears history when he traded up to draft Mitch Trubiski, instead of staying where he was or trading back to draft either Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson.

Supposedly from reports, if our GM would have traded Fields earlier, he would’ve been a starter on one of the many teams that got new quarterbacks this offseason.

There are conflicting reports about why he was traded so late. The “pro-Bears front office” report is saying the GM wanted to do right by Fields and trade him somewhere that he could eventually start. The “anti-Bears front office” report is saying that the GM held on to Fields longer because he was trying to wait for Caleb Williams medical report. The Bears tried to get the medical report a couple days after the combine, but the Caleb Williams camp refused to fly to Chicago and told the Bears they had to wait until after his pro day next week.

Waiting for the resolution of his 5th year option/revised contract before I get too concerned about him one way or another. I'm happy he's aboard considering our lack of options and what we gave up. The guy we sent to the Eagles had many similar obstacles to success especially what Fields faced his first season. Nice of you to stop by with an optimisim regarding his potential and sorry about Claypool. Another steeler headcase receiver.

To sum it all up, you people are getting a very talented quarterback that simply needs the commitment from management and his HC to become a superstar. There is a reason why he was traded to the AFC, and not the NFC. Deep down, management knows what he’s capable of behind a O-Line that gives him time, some playmakers that won’t continually drop his beautiful passes, and an OC that knows how to call plays.

Good post and time will let us know how accurate your in sight is (not doubting yaz).

I hope you are correct and good wishes to your team as well.

Thank You

Salute the nation

He had the nickname around here as clayPUFF.

Salute the nationb

Supposedly from reports, if our GM would have traded Fields earlier, he would’ve been a starter on one of the many teams that got new quarterbacks this offseason.

There are conflicting reports about why he was traded so late. The “pro-Bears front office” report is saying the GM wanted to do right by Fields and trade him somewhere that he could eventually start. The “anti-Bears front office” report is saying that the GM held on to Fields longer because he was trying to wait for Caleb Williams medical report. The Bears tried to get the medical report a couple days after the combine, but the Caleb Williams camp refused to fly to Chicago and told the Bears they had to wait until after his pro day next week.
yeah, what's that all about? i saw some ridiculous thing about him being un-circumised and that he thinks it's a detriment to his career.
******* wild. or not.

Fields want going to start anywhere else.
That was all agent rumors trying to increase his price.

Fields may rebuild his career, but right now he is potential, not production... and he likely will be a ufa after this year because you cant pay 25 million guaranteed to a non starter. There won't be a real competition in camp. Pickett asked for a trade because basically they were going to crown Wilson starter... Fields isn't going to get a fair shake either... if fields starts for the steelers, it will be because of injury, wilson aging out, or in a year or two after wilson leaves... assuming they dont draft anyone...

The dude is 10-28 with a metric ton of turnovers and near turnovers. He still needs to learn how to play in a two minute drill. He also wasnt very accurate. His first two years he had more bad throws than pickett did here and pickett wasnt good in that area at all..

Again, great potential... but not starter level yet.
For what is most likely going to be a sixth, fields is a great gamble... and if Arthur Smith can turn him around that saves us a first later, but he isnt going to start this year, barring injury... and honestly this was a super important year for him..

Waiting for the resolution of his 5th year option/revised contract before I get too concerned about him one way or another. I'm happy he's aboard considering our lack of options and what we gave up. The guy we sent to the Eagles had many similar obstacles to success especially what Fields faced his first season. Nice of you to stop by with an optimisim regarding his potential and sorry about Claypool. Another steeler headcase receiver.
Yeah, it will be interesting to see how your front office is planning on making this work, but at this moment Pittsburgh is being praised by people here for snatching two starting quarterbacks for little or nothing. A lot of people, including myself, believe Russell Wilson was not the problem in Denver.

Good post and time will let us know how accurate your in sight is (not doubting yaz).

I hope you are correct and good wishes to your team as well.

Thank You

Salute the nation
No problem. Everyone will ultimately have to judge for themselves. I just wanted to give you guys a little rundown on how most of us Bears fans viewed his first 3 years in the league.

Fields want going to start anywhere else.
That was all agent rumors trying to increase his price.

Fields may rebuild his career, but right now he is potential, not production... and he likely will be a ufa after this year because you cant pay 25 million guaranteed to a non starter. There won't be a real competition in camp. Pickett asked for a trade because basically they were going to crown Wilson starter... Fields isn't going to get a fair shake either... if fields starts for the steelers, it will be because of injury, wilson aging out, or in a year or two after wilson leaves... assuming they dont draft anyone...

The dude is 10-28 with a metric ton of turnovers and near turnovers. He still needs to learn how to play in a two minute drill. He also wasnt very accurate. His first two years he had more bad throws than pickett did here and pickett wasnt good in that area at all..

Again, great potential... but not starter level yet.
For what is most likely going to be a sixth, fields is a great gamble... and if Arthur Smith can turn him around that saves us a first later, but he isnt going to start this year, barring injury... and honestly this was a super important year for him..
Much respect to your viewpoint, but we’ll have to just agree to disagree. Everyone will have to judge him for themselves.

His record doesn’t matter because his first two seasons weren’t on him. As I showed you, the second season was literally designed for my team to lose as many games as possible.

Is he Mahomes? Absolutely not. But he’s better than half the starting quarterbacks in the league. No doubt in my mind. You confirmed what I read about Russ being guaranteed the starting spot this season, and I actually agree that he should be ahead of Fields. Ideally, Fields would back up Russ for a season and then take over as starting quarterback the following season. I think Fields could learn a thing or two from Russell Wilson.

saw it on FB... its tiktok, so ...

That’s crazy if true Lol. Caleb Williams will have a huge mountain to climb in order to make Bears fans forgive the organization for screwing Fields. He probably needs to win a playoff game this upcoming season.

I read that he didn’t want to do his medicals because it’s an unconventional way for him and his camp to control where he goes. If a team isn’t allowed to see his medicals, that would prevent them from trading for the rights to draft him. If true, I believe it’s a smart move on behalf of his camp.

Much respect to your viewpoint, but we’ll have to just agree to disagree. Everyone will have to judge him for themselves.

His record doesn’t matter because his first two seasons weren’t on him. As I showed you, the second season was literally designed for my team to lose as many games as possible.

Is he Mahomes? Absolutely not. But he’s better than half the starting quarterbacks in the league. No doubt in my mind. You confirmed what I read about Russ being guaranteed the starting spot this season, and I actually agree that he should be ahead of Fields. Ideally, Fields would back up Russ for a season and then take over as starting quarterback the following season. I think Fields could learn a thing or two from Russell Wilson.
Thank you for your take. Always good to see outside opinions, especially from the teams of the players we (the Steelers)bring in.

For me his fumble statistics are concerning in a league that losing the turnover margin can contribute negative outcomes. And often do.

A part of me also wonders if the Steelers will play him this season as a slash type of player which he seems to have relative attributes.

In the recent past I would also say the Steelers aren't the team to coach him up in resurrecting his career. Although now the Steelers have a new OC (Arthur Smith) that revived Tannehill's career. Maybe he can be be Justin Field's Huckleberry.

I'd think your people are smart enough to know bad QB play when they see it. They got rid of Trubisky.
So if Fields comes here and turns into another Trubisky, I will be very very angry.

You won't like Steeler fans when they're angry.

And then you'll go back to being a full time Bears fan.