• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Congratulations From a Bears Fan

Just wanted to congratulate you on getting Justin Fields (H1M) from us and want to let you know that the vast majority of Bears fans are pissed. Do not let our local sports radio “professionals” or Chicago Bears Internet forums fool you, the real people that you run across face to face in the city of Chicago are hurting from the loss of Fields.

Throughout his 3 year career in Chicago, he wasn’t supported by management. The first GM was incompetent and the current GM didn’t draft him, so he’s not married to him.

His 1st year was spent under a GM and HC that tossed him out there to start without a credible offensive philosophy for him (The veteran starter that fit the offensive scheme was hurt early in the season), he was behind a makeshift O-Line (See the Cleveland game his rookie season), and no offensive weapons around him. The GM and Head Coach were fired after the season.

His 2nd year was spent under a new GM that didn’t draft him, a rookie head coach, and a rookie offensive coordinator that had never called plays in college or the pros. The new GM immediately began to strip down the team in preparation for a full on rebuild, and after trading/releasing players left & right, the GM began replacing them with scrap heap players. His only acquisition for Justin Fields was his trade with you guys for the supposed new #1 WR for Fields, which was Chase Claypool. The rebuild/tank is why we ended up having the #1 overall draft pick last year, not because of Justin Fields.

His 3rd year this past season, after trading the top draft pick to Carolina, Justin was given a real weapon for the first time in his NFL career (DJ Moore), but our season began with our offensive line being hit with injuries (starting LT and LG) and personal issues (our starting RG lost his mother and wasn’t available for several games). We also had a starting Center that couldn’t snap balls to the QB out of shotgun, which caused Fields to leap in the air to keep the snaps from sailing over his head multiple times in every game (No joke. Look at the videos) On top of that, the OC wanted to turn Justin Fields into a statuesque pocket passer, instead of utilizing his amazing athleticism. Of course behind a depleted O-Line and incompetent OC, we struggled to begin the season. But after Fields went public with negative comments against the OC, the offensive scheme shifted a week later. At that point, Justin Fields went crazy and gave DJ Moore one of the best seasons of his career, and TE Cole Kmet had a career year. After missing a few weeks because of injury, Justin Fields returned and kept up the winning. Unfortunately for the Bears, we had defensive collapses and bad coaching that made us lose three games that we were winning big entering the 4th quarter, which is why the HC was on the hot seat. If not for those 3 losses, we would’ve been in the playoffs.

To sum it all up, you people are getting a very talented quarterback that simply needs the commitment from management and his HC to become a superstar. There is a reason why he was traded to the AFC, and not the NFC. Deep down, management knows what he’s capable of behind a O-Line that gives him time, some playmakers that won’t continually drop his beautiful passes, and an OC that knows how to call plays.

I’m a Bears fan for life, but I now have a second NFL team that I will support. That’s now the Steelers.
Sounds like he'll be feeling right at home with the Steelers.

let the mismanagement of Quarterbacks BEGIN!!

Our QB guru machine, will cut his eye-lids-off, to be sure to see the best All the while eating PoPcorn.

Salute the nation

I'm not sold on Fields, but you can't judge any QB based on what they do or don't do in Chicago. That place hasn't figured out what to do with the offense in 30 years. No doubt in my mind Wilson starts this year, and maybe even next, but if Fields can show he's ready, it might make for a smooth transition once Wilson is declining or ready to move on. At least we didn't just sit on our ******* hands and hope it would all just work out.

Joe

I'm not sold on Fields, but you can't judge any QB based on what they do or don't do in Chicago. That place hasn't figured out what to do with the offense in 30 years. No doubt in my mind Wilson starts this year, and maybe even next, but if Fields can show he's ready, it might make for a smooth transition once Wilson is declining or ready to move on. At least we didn't just sit on our ******* hands and hope it would all just work out.

Joe

At least it's been addressed early and they can focus on the rest of the team.

Just wanted to congratulate you on getting Justin Fields (H1M) from us and want to let you know that the vast majority of Bears fans are pissed. Do not let our local sports radio “professionals” or Chicago Bears Internet forums fool you, the real people that you run across face to face in the city of Chicago are hurting from the loss of Fields.

Throughout his 3 year career in Chicago, he wasn’t supported by management. The first GM was incompetent and the current GM didn’t draft him, so he’s not married to him.

His 1st year was spent under a GM and HC that tossed him out there to start without a credible offensive philosophy for him (The veteran starter that fit the offensive scheme was hurt early in the season), he was behind a makeshift O-Line (See the Cleveland game his rookie season), and no offensive weapons around him. The GM and Head Coach were fired after the season.

His 2nd year was spent under a new GM that didn’t draft him, a rookie head coach, and a rookie offensive coordinator that had never called plays in college or the pros. The new GM immediately began to strip down the team in preparation for a full on rebuild, and after trading/releasing players left & right, the GM began replacing them with scrap heap players. His only acquisition for Justin Fields was his trade with you guys for the supposed new #1 WR for Fields, which was Chase Claypool. The rebuild/tank is why we ended up having the #1 overall draft pick last year, not because of Justin Fields.

His 3rd year this past season, after trading the top draft pick to Carolina, Justin was given a real weapon for the first time in his NFL career (DJ Moore), but our season began with our offensive line being hit with injuries (starting LT and LG) and personal issues (our starting RG lost his mother and wasn’t available for several games). We also had a starting Center that couldn’t snap balls to the QB out of shotgun, which caused Fields to leap in the air to keep the snaps from sailing over his head multiple times in every game (No joke. Look at the videos) On top of that, the OC wanted to turn Justin Fields into a statuesque pocket passer, instead of utilizing his amazing athleticism. Of course behind a depleted O-Line and incompetent OC, we struggled to begin the season. But after Fields went public with negative comments against the OC, the offensive scheme shifted a week later. At that point, Justin Fields went crazy and gave DJ Moore one of the best seasons of his career, and TE Cole Kmet had a career year. After missing a few weeks because of injury, Justin Fields returned and kept up the winning. Unfortunately for the Bears, we had defensive collapses and bad coaching that made us lose three games that we were winning big entering the 4th quarter, which is why the HC was on the hot seat. If not for those 3 losses, we would’ve been in the playoffs.

To sum it all up, you people are getting a very talented quarterback that simply needs the commitment from management and his HC to become a superstar. There is a reason why he was traded to the AFC, and not the NFC. Deep down, management knows what he’s capable of behind a O-Line that gives him time, some playmakers that won’t continually drop his beautiful passes, and an OC that knows how to call plays.

I’m a Bears fan for life, but I now have a second NFL team that I will support. That’s now the Steelers.
Thanks for the insight. I always root for the Bears like I always root for the Bills. You guys have such a loyal and diehard fanbase willing to show up no matter the weather or the win percentage. Nothing but respect.
Good luck with you're new QB!

Tape, you sound like a douche nozzle when you criticize a college player for showing emotion and hugging his Mother. Are you a douche nozzle sir

Bears fan, thank you, this is an exciting, uncertain time for us as previous GMs just sit on their hands choosing tradition over changes. Excited about Fields and wishing you guys a stellar season

Tape, you sound like a douche nozzle when you criticize a college player for showing emotion and hugging his Mother. Are you a douche nozzle sir

The majority of the adult males in the country with testosterone levels over 700, who don't wear ******* fingernail polish, would agree with Tape.

The majority of whoever can smooch my arse. And you know what to do with your alleged high testosterone. Go out and charm the panties off some ladies. I'm sure they'll be thrilled to meet you

A dude who cries after a huge loss and hugs his mom is OK with me and in this case he's about 1000 times the man you are. Don't pretend or you'll get called out.

The majority of whoever can smooch my arse. And you know what to do with your alleged high testosterone. Go out and charm the panties off some ladies. I'm sure they'll be thrilled to meet you

A dude who cries after a huge loss and hugs his mom is OK with me and in this case he's about 1000 times the man you are. Don't pretend or you'll get called out.

Oh **** off. God you're a complete ****.You don't know a damn thing about you ******* twit.

Caleb is *****.

I still think Fields has significant upside. Sit behind Wilson for a year or two and he will grow significantly getting a chance to watch. The only problem here is how do they navigate a new contract for Wilson AND Fields after this season.

Next season? There's still free agency, the draft, camp, preseason, regular season, playoffs, Super Bowl victory

But you're in 2025

Caleb returned hoping to win a Heisman and maybe a championship. I would understand if he cried after the first loss of the season. I could maybe understand after a 2nd loss if you were still ranked high. But this was after the 3rd loss of the season. A 3rd loss in 4 weeks. This wasn't just a tear or 2. He ran and leapt into the stands to his mom and was full body sobbing.

Then in the press conference, I was thinking maybe he'd say that his favorite uncle died or something but, he said he just wanted to go home and cuddle with his dog and watch some shows.

I read reports that Lincoln Riley used to yell at his defense in practice if they actually played defense. If a DB made an INT, they'd get yelled at. Probably a big part of why their defense sucked. Riley wanted perfect practices for his offense. Is that because Riley is a perfectionist, or could it be that he was protecting Caleb's fragile psyche?

So, yeah, i think the guy is soft. Others are free to disagree. Will it hurt his draft stock? Doubtful. He has all the talent in the world. Tremendous upside. But if I was a Bears fan, it would concern me a bit that he may not be a guy who functions well when things go wrong.

I still think Fields has significant upside. Sit behind Wilson for a year or two and he will grow significantly getting a chance to watch. The only problem here is how do they navigate a new contract for Wilson AND Fields after this season.

They don’t. They only navigate a Fields contract. After this season he(Fields) is ready to play, and he(Wilson) will be ready to retire. Or declined far enough to be foolish for us to resign, unless cheap and for back up (Wilson would have to accept that role).

Salute the nation

Caleb returned hoping to win a Heisman and maybe a championship. I would understand if he cried after the first loss of the season. I could maybe understand after a 2nd loss if you were still ranked high. But this was after the 3rd loss of the season. A 3rd loss in 4 weeks. This wasn't just a tear or 2. He ran and leapt into the stands to his mom and was full body sobbing.

Then in the press conference, I was thinking maybe he'd say that his favorite uncle died or something but, he said he just wanted to go home and cuddle with his dog and watch some shows.

I read reports that Lincoln Riley used to yell at his defense in practice if they actually played defense. If a DB made an INT, they'd get yelled at. Probably a big part of why their defense sucked. Riley wanted perfect practices for his offense. Is that because Riley is a perfectionist, or could it be that he was protecting Caleb's fragile psyche?

So, yeah, i think the guy is soft. Others are free to disagree. Will it hurt his draft stock? Doubtful. He has all the talent in the world. Tremendous upside. But if I was a Bears fan, it would concern me a bit that he may not be a guy who functions well when things go wrong.

Simply put, he‘s not fully matured and a hazard when things don’t go his way. SOFT is definitely a way to describe him.

I wouldn’t pick him with the 1st overall pick, I’d trade down for draft capital, even three or four spots could net you a great QB and very high pick.

Salute the nation

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how your front office is planning on making this work, but at this moment Pittsburgh is being praised by people here for snatching two starting quarterbacks for little or nothing. A lot of people, including myself, believe Russell Wilson was not the problem in Denver.
Yet some brazen Steelers fans here are calling these moves "embarrassing" and not for the betterment of the team. Go figure.

Absolutely correct. Lamest thing i ever seen
J Edgar Hoover used to wear dresses in the privacy of his own home. I don't give a **** if a qb dresses like a hooker and hugs his mom, cries with his uncle, and ***** his sister, if that ************ can throw the ball and win football games, I'm in.

Joe

J Edgar Hoover used to wear dresses in the privacy of his own home. I don't give a **** if a qb dresses like a hooker and hugs his mom, cries with his uncle, and ***** his sister, if that ************ can throw the ball and win football games, I'm in.

Joe
You do you t man. J Edgar Hoover was a piece of **** too.