• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Cop killings in 2018

The left has been mumbling about nationalizing all police forces for sometime now. It makes it easier to crush dissenting opinion if the orders in paychecks both come from Washington. This is why I left this news outlets like CNN Demonize police officers. They demonize private firearms ownership and gun owners for much the same reason. Armed citizens will not willingly get on the train cars to the "reeducation camps".

The vast majority of the mass shootings are not done by NRA members, but who is getting railroaded?

I'd venture to guess that if you mapped all of the gun murders in the US and overlaid a map of the results of the 2016, 2012 and 2008 presidential election results, you'd have a pretty good match.

What is going to happen when people don't want to be law enforcers anymore because of this?
We'll have to pay cops more, and increase criminal penalties for ******* with them. That should make the liberals happy.

OK, take a step back and look at yourself and your rant. Honestly, Tim. All of this is way too important to you and you get too wound up over it. Your anger is palpable. Seek professional help. Really. Share what you do here, your obsession with Tibs and me and see if they think it’s healthy.

This post is in essence the equivalence of a concession speech. Nothing else to say, you turn in this direction.

It's too easy.

Why are you guys bitching about cop killings? I've been told repeatedly that cop killings of African -Americans is "statistically insignificant"....what happened while I was gone, did I slip into a parallel internet universe where you guys are no longer CONservative????.....OH! WAIT!....I get it now.

It's cops being killed, and while these tragic events are also statistically insignificant we should NOW be concerned because these are not just African-Americans dying. These are lives that actually matter as they are keeping the scared shitless dominant snowflake culture supposedly "secure."

I get it...I get it.... It's like the statistical insignificance of an American (translation for S.N. Reich Wingers= white person) being killed by an immigrant.

The sample size is so small they can repeat first and last names ad nauseum to you: Kate Steinle! Kate Steinle! Kate Steinle! Kate Steinle!

Funny how that "CONservative logic" works...to them anyway.

That's why I said, this is the effect of BLM.

When you look back at moments like:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dj4ARsxrZh8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Followed by the 2016 BLM assassinations of police officers in Dallas. Then consider...

Black Lives Matter leaders sued over Baton Rouge police shooting

Politically fueled cop hatred has taken another innocent officer’s life

Nah, Flog's gonna tell you...BLM had nothing to do with this new phenomenon, this RISE in police killings.

They call for this violence. They preach it. They celebrate it when it happens. But the Left gonna tell ya, there's no connection.

Yep.

So when white guys kill cops who's to blame ? Which group ? Because they too, must have influences, right ? Or is it just negroes that are motivated by Black Lives Matter rhetoric...lol

See, we have went round and round about this bullshit before. The narrative that BLM is a terrorist group---who started that ? Is it based in fact or is it loosely pitched rhetoric ? Ive seen it mentioned in hate group websites like Stormfront..ive also seen in on fringe sites like InfoWars, Breitbart etc....who started it ? This Dallas ambush along with the Baton Rouge assault were not sanctioned by any group nor did the assailants claim they did this on behalf of BLM. In fact BLM has went on record to condemn police shootings.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dallas-shooting-black-lives-matter-leaders-respond/

"Black activists have raised the call for an end to violence, not an escalation of it. Yesterday's attack was the result of the actions of a lone gunman. To assign the actions of one person to an entire movement is dangerous and irresponsible. We continue our efforts to bring about a better world for all of us,"

"Black Lives Matter doesn't condone shooting law enforcement. But I have to be honest: I understand why it was done," Maejor said. "I don't encourage it, I don't condone it, I don't justify it. But I understand it."

This is a tactic commonly employed to discredit and remove teeth from a movement. You find fringe elements that claim affiliation with said movement or you vilify the movement by misrepresenting the factions or the agenda of the movement or organization. This was done with the Original Black Panther Party. Here you had an ensemble of blacks that decided it should police its own and monitor the actions of local police to prevent exploitation and abuse. It reached out beyond citizen patrols and went as far as to establish wellness clinics, free breakfast programs, student alliance programs, free dental programs, drug and alcohol abuse awareness programs, employment programs, food co-op programs, free ambulatory programs among many many others. But the government wanted to denigrate and criminalize the group and the public bought into it because it used an effect propaganda campaign.

What came from this campaign was lies about the organization training kids to shoot cops or creating a movement to undermine the government. Surveillance over the group was ordered. Similar actions have been hoisted up on the BLM movement. You have sheriffs and police abroad claiming the movement is anti-cop, when in fact its not. The movement calls attention and focus on the lack of transparency, accountability and the epidemic of police brutality along with the disproportionate killing of unarmed black men and women. <---This is the narrative and has been the narrative since its inception. All of this terrorism and cop-killing bullshit is whats been used to attempt to discredit the movement.

Question: if there is a womens equality movement established and there are rallies and marches to bring attention to their plight, and then you have a rogue female at the march assault or set property ablaze, does this make the group arsonists and terrorists even if that individual is not associated or loosely affiliated with the movement ?

Interesting that the Dallas and Baton Rouge ambush attacks are spotlighted by the anti BLM contingent. Prior to those assaults, in that same year 70% of cop killers were white. In fact historically whites are the leading murderers of cops.
Contrary to what you might believe however, most cop killings are impulsive.

The left has been mumbling about nationalizing all police forces for sometime now. It makes it easier to crush dissenting opinion if the orders in paychecks both come from Washington. This is why I left this news outlets like CNN Demonize police officers. They demonize private firearms ownership and gun owners for much the same reason. Armed citizens will not willingly get on the train cars to the "reeducation camps".

With all the **** that's come to the publics focus with cops charged with rape, planting drugs, manufacturing evidence, lying on police reports, distributing drugs, highly questionable shootings and members of the KKK or hatred groups infiltrating police ranks, don't you think there needs to be some reform of police ?

Todays cops are psychopaths and many suffer from PTSD and other consume steroids which a symptom/side effect is roid rage. When you give a badge, a gun and public backing to anything they wish with lil repercussion you get what you see with all these issues dotting news stories. And in some environments these guys are worse than gangs. They will escalate (not de-escalate) a situation, compound the issue with brute force and kill you and falsely claim their lives were at risk and this is the magic scepter that grants them escape from prosecution time after time.

So when white guys kill cops who's to blame ? Which group ? Because they too, must have influences, right ?

he didnt say Black PEOPLE were to blame, he said BLM is to blame. Can't BLM influence white people? I've see white people marching with them.

Naw man. Are there bad cops, yeah of course there are. But as a whole cops are there to protect and serve. People who push the limits because they feel there will be no consequences are the ones giving cops bad names because cops are forced to use force. When these gutless people stop pushing the police to force physical action you'll have less of this nonsense going on.

The better question is why are people even interacting with police to begin with? If you're doing what you're supposed to be doing you will not ever have interaction with a law enforcement officer.

That kind of chucks you race baiters and excuse having haters bullshit narrative out the window. Do the right thing and you'll never have to worry about the police.

So when white guys kill cops who's to blame ? Which group ? Because they too, must have influences, right ? Or is it just negroes that are motivated by Black Lives Matter rhetoric...lol

See, we have went round and round about this bullshit before. The narrative that BLM is a terrorist group---who started that ? Is it based in fact or is it loosely pitched rhetoric ? Ive seen it mentioned in hate group websites like Stormfront..ive also seen in on fringe sites like InfoWars, Breitbart etc....who started it ? This Dallas ambush along with the Baton Rouge assault were not sanctioned by any group nor did the assailants claim they did this on behalf of BLM. In fact BLM has went on record to condemn police shootings.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dallas-shooting-black-lives-matter-leaders-respond/

"Black activists have raised the call for an end to violence, not an escalation of it. Yesterday's attack was the result of the actions of a lone gunman. To assign the actions of one person to an entire movement is dangerous and irresponsible. We continue our efforts to bring about a better world for all of us,"

"Black Lives Matter doesn't condone shooting law enforcement. But I have to be honest: I understand why it was done," Maejor said. "I don't encourage it, I don't condone it, I don't justify it. But I understand it."

This is a tactic commonly employed to discredit and remove teeth from a movement. You find fringe elements that claim affiliation with said movement or you vilify the movement by misrepresenting the factions or the agenda of the movement or organization. This was done with the Original Black Panther Party. Here you had an ensemble of blacks that decided it should police its own and monitor the actions of local police to prevent exploitation and abuse. It reached out beyond citizen patrols and went as far as to establish wellness clinics, free breakfast programs, student alliance programs, free dental programs, drug and alcohol abuse awareness programs, employment programs, food co-op programs, free ambulatory programs among many many others. But the government wanted to denigrate and criminalize the group and the public bought into it because it used an effect propaganda campaign.

What came from this campaign was lies about the organization training kids to shoot cops or creating a movement to undermine the government. Surveillance over the group was ordered. Similar actions have been hoisted up on the BLM movement. You have sheriffs and police abroad claiming the movement is anti-cop, when in fact its not. The movement calls attention and focus on the lack of transparency, accountability and the epidemic of police brutality along with the disproportionate killing of unarmed black men and women. <---This is the narrative and has been the narrative since its inception. All of this terrorism and cop-killing bullshit is whats been used to attempt to discredit the movement.

Question: if there is a womens equality movement established and there are rallies and marches to bring attention to their plight, and then you have a rogue female at the march assault or set property ablaze, does this make the group arsonists and terrorists even if that individual is not associated or loosely affiliated with the movement ?

Interesting that the Dallas and Baton Rouge ambush attacks are spotlighted by the anti BLM contingent. Prior to those assaults, in that same year 70% of cop killers were white. In fact historically whites are the leading murderers of cops.
Contrary to what you might believe however, most cop killings are impulsive.

A single, lone incident? No
Two? Maybe
Three? Probably
More? Yes.

With all the **** that's come to the publics focus with cops charged with rape, planting drugs, manufacturing evidence, lying on police reports, distributing drugs, highly questionable shootings and members of the KKK or hatred groups infiltrating police ranks, don't you think there needs to be some reform of police ?

Todays cops are psychopaths and many suffer from PTSD and other consume steroids which a symptom/side effect is roid rage. When you give a badge, a gun and public backing to anything they wish with lil repercussion you get what you see with all these issues dotting news stories. And in some environments these guys are worse than gangs. They will escalate (not de-escalate) a situation, compound the issue with brute force and kill you and falsely claim their lives were at risk and this is the magic scepter that grants them escape from prosecution time after time.

if I can chime in here..

I see you have a military veteran badge there so I want you to know I mean no disrespect, but I think you might agree with my point here.

With the economy being what it was during the Bush years and even though it improved some under Obama there still wasn't a great job market where returning combat vets could make a way for themselves. Where did many, many of them end up? In our police forces.

Now you have people (at the infantry level anyway) who have been trained to kill at the slightest perceived threat, who are combat veterans, who tend to lean to the right politically......and what do you have?

A bad combination of PTSD, belief in stereotypes about minorities, constant brainwashing from right wing echo chambers like Fox News, and a lack of training has allowed their military "kill or be killed" training/mentality to become preeminent in their minds.

That is why we have these situations constantly occur between the police and the public. We need better training, and better psychological evaluation of police officer candidates because policing is part social work and part use of force to keep the peace. We have to do something that is for sure.

Did you just say that the economy IMPROVED under Obama??
And then you where stupid enough to blame Fox News??

What a moron!

What a moron!

Oh yeah I forgot that teetering on complete economic collapse while Bush was in were happy days indeed.........my bad.

With the economy being what it was during the Bush years and even though it improved some under Obama there still wasn't a great job market where returning combat vets could make a way for themselves. Where did many, many of them end up? In our police forces.

giphy.gif

he didnt say Black PEOPLE were to blame, he said BLM is to blame. Can't BLM influence white people? I've see white people marching with them.

My son played in an AAU basketball tournament this past weekend at a local DIII college. We had games all day in multiple locations. Drove all around the campus. Passed numerous frat and sorority houses. Passed one. On the wide veranda-style porch were nothing but white kids. Numerous placards on display. One the rainbow flag. The other, a Black Lives Matter flag. All white people. Not a black kid to be seen.

To your point.

But again, how is BLM the conduit of responsibility for cops being killed ? Exactly how is a campaign for police reform somehow translated into "go out and murder cops !!" Havent cops been murdered long before the movement ever got its birth ? This whole notion that BLM promotes cop killing is total bullshit...everybody knows it. And then you have folks that believe the group is a terrorist group. If BLM is even remotely considered a terrorist group why do NONE of the leading anti-terrorist organizations in the country have them listed on their terrorism watch lists ?

Do YOU believe BLM promotes a campaign to murder cops ? If that were the case, you'd have quite a bit more cops with toe tags in the morgues man. There has been a push to vilify the group. But that's the modus operandi with blacktivist movements.

Naw man. Are there bad cops, yeah of course there are. But as a whole cops are there to protect and serve. People who push the limits because they feel there will be no consequences are the ones giving cops bad names because cops are forced to use force. When these gutless people stop pushing the police to force physical action you'll have less of this nonsense going on.

The better question is why are people even interacting with police to begin with? If you're doing what you're supposed to be doing you will not ever have interaction with a law enforcement officer.

That kind of chucks you race baiters and excuse having haters bullshit narrative out the window. Do the right thing and you'll never have to worry about the police.

Cops are forced to use force in what manner ? Just saw a video of a teenager (African American) riding a bike thru a parking lot, who was stopped by a cop. Theres no audio but eventually the cop accosted the young lady and eventually roughed her up, slung her by her hair. This, again was a young teenager female. Another video of a young black man walking thru a neighborhood with his backpack and he too was accosted by cops and he cooperated. He asked why he was being stopped and the cop got nasty cut off his backpack straps (never giving the young man time to remove it himself) and proceed to tell the young man "this is the ___ time we had to deal with you" and then proceeds to taser the man. There was NO RESISTENCE.

There are countless videos and stories that have surfaced over the years. I have my own personal accounts of abusive cops overstepping their boundaries and attempts at intimidation. So to say there are bad cops and to excuse as its part of the numbers is unacceptable. If the medical community had issues with rogue behavior from even a small set of its medical practitioners, the public would demand review and reform immediately. And the governing board of doctors would react swiftly.

But somehow, we allow bad cops to sustain on forces abroad and their good cop counterparts do absolutely nothing to stem the corruption. Cops as a whole are tainted when they don't do anything to fix their image.

And when you say "why are cops even interacting with police", what exactly does that mean (interacting) ? When you put cops in communities of color, there will be interaction of the high tension variety. There have been studies done to try and understand why cops engage people of color the way they do and what was learned is that many cops fear black men and its due to cultural conditioning. Society as a whole deems blacks as threatening. But the conditioning starts at a much younger age (before the age of 5). Without going thru a long drawn out explanation, race does impact cops perception and how they interact with people of color.

I have never been charged with any crime yet I get stopped, profiled, interrogated by cops often. I drive two nice vehicles, in a very nice neighborhood and do very very well for myself. But somehow...SOMEHOW, I draw the attention of cops in the area, whether its a trip to the resort, or a trip to the mountain to camp and escape it all. Asked where im going, if I own my vehicle and if I have any drugs. Now, how am I supposed to believe these are righteous stops with probable cause, because we know they aren't.

Youre a white guy, you don't deal with certain social issues when it comes to law enforcement so its easy for you to say, "do this or don't do that...and you wont have a problem". Well Im not looking for a problem but maybe, just maybe theres a cop that IS. Think about that notion. There are RACIST police officers within the ranks.

if I can chime in here..

I see you have a military veteran badge there so I want you to know I mean no disrespect, but I think you might agree with my point here.

Now you have people (at the infantry level anyway) who have been trained to kill at the slightest perceived threat, who are combat veterans, who tend to lean to the right politically......and what do you have?

A bad combination of PTSD, belief in stereotypes about minorities, constant brainwashing from right wing echo chambers like Fox News, and a lack of training has allowed their military "kill or be killed" training/mentality to become preeminent in their minds.

That is why we have these situations constantly occur between the police and the public. We need better training, and better psychological evaluation of police officer candidates because policing is part social work and part use of force to keep the peace. We have to do something that is for sure.

But even in the military, we have rules of engagement. The police have no such rules...they can perceive a crime, make up probable cause, engage the suspect, escalate the situation and kill and blame fear. If I ****** up as a cop and wanted to retain my badge and freedom, Id lie and do the same thing cause I know if I admit it, the system will throw me in the same spot where the other bad guys go and then my *** will be piece mealed in the pen.

You are correct in that there needs to be better training...but there also needs to be consequences to bad shootings and bad behavior with cops. Right now is a horrible time for cops....the public has so little trust based on high profile shootings that have been thrust in the spotlight. The biggest ones surround Philando Castille, Walter Scott and Akai Gurley...2 of the three unarmed and the one that was armed (Philando) told the officer and was presenting his ID and permit as he was ordered and the cop shot him 5 times. Gurley wasn't even in the scope of any investigation and just coming down the stairs of a housing complex when the cop shot blindly into a space killing him. And that cop walked free. Walter Scott had no weapon and was fleeing his arresting officer when he was shot multiple times in the back.....these are but a tiny sample yet somehow many around here justify all these as good shootings. Because they give the officer the benefit and correlating fear as justifiable killing. But we should avoid all interaction with cops....so we run (to avoid) and still get pummeled with lead.

What a moron!

What economic indicators do you have that show the economy got worse under Obama....id like to see them because we do know unemployment was cut in half...or is that fake news ? We do know we had 72+ consecutive months of job growth under Obama...or, was that a false statistic.

•The economy gained a net 11.6 million jobs. The unemployment rate dropped to below the historical norm.
•Average weekly earnings for all workers were up 4.1 percent after inflation. The gain was 3.7 percent for just production and nonsupervisory employees.
•After-tax corporate profits also set records, as did stock prices. The S&P 500 index rose 166 percent.
•The number of people lacking health insurance dropped by 15 million. Premiums rose, but more slowly than before.

Tell me how ****** up the economy was under Obama.....?

But again, how is BLM the conduit of responsibility for cops being killed ? Exactly how is a campaign for police reform somehow translated into "go out and murder cops !!" Havent cops been murdered long before the movement ever got its birth ? This whole notion that BLM promotes cop killing is total bullshit...everybody knows it. And then you have folks that believe the group is a terrorist group. If BLM is even remotely considered a terrorist group why do NONE of the leading anti-terrorist organizations in the country have them listed on their terrorism watch lists ?

Do YOU believe BLM promotes a campaign to murder cops ? If that were the case, you'd have quite a bit more cops with toe tags in the morgues man. There has been a push to vilify the group. But that's the modus operandi with blacktivist movements.

well, first you want to say that BLM has no influence outside of black people, which is preposterous and was shut down rather ******* quickly. Now you want to feign disingenous and openly wonder how BLM can possibly be responsible, in any way, shape or form for violence towards cops that can culminate in deaths of said cops. I guess all these black people were just wanting link sausages rolled in pancakes while the blue eyed white devil was the one screaming for death?

My son played in an AAU basketball tournament this past weekend at a local DIII college. We had games all day in multiple locations. Drove all around the campus. Passed numerous frat and sorority houses. Passed one. On the wide veranda-style porch were nothing but white kids. Numerous placards on display. One the rainbow flag. The other, a Black Lives Matter flag. All white people. Not a black kid to be seen.

To your point.

But...but you and your ilk thought BLM was a racist movement, did you not ? That's a common claim from the Fault-right...BLM is a terrorist group and theyre racist. Come on man, I know you know this exists....

You are correct in that there needs to be better training...but there also needs to be consequences to bad shootings and bad behavior with cops. Right now is a horrible time for cops....the public has so little trust based on high profile shootings that have been thrust in the spotlight. The biggest ones surround Philando Castille, Walter Scott and Akai Gurley...2 of the three unarmed and the one that was armed (Philando) told the officer and was presenting his ID and permit as he was ordered and the cop shot him 5 times. Gurley wasn't even in the scope of any investigation and just coming down the stairs of a housing complex when the cop shot blindly into a space killing him. And that cop walked free. Walter Scott had no weapon and was fleeing his arresting officer when he was shot multiple times in the back.....these are but a tiny sample yet somehow many around here justify all these as good shootings. Because they give the officer the benefit and correlating fear as justifiable killing. But we should avoid all interaction with cops....so we run (to avoid) and still get pummeled with lead.

do you even read or understand the chaos you just wrote? what an intertwining circular line of bullshit you just spewed. you essentially just said that people don't understand cops, that this is a bad time for ALL cops and that interaction with cops is always seen as a negative and people should run. holy ******* ****. elfie can spew some weird ****, but this is nearly katsung level.