• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Could the Steelers and Mike Tomlin Be The Perfect Landing Spot for WR Kadarius Toney

Deebo and Ingram were used wrong and ended badly. There was no revisionist history there. Both situations could have been handled better. ABs issues festered for a long time and was a three ring circus. Colbert had options with Bell, I still feel that could have been handled better. He could have traded him for one. No way should that have dragged out as long as it did. How did that benefit the team? I don't think we can say it wasn't a distraction. Bryant was a hard situation with the rules in place, probably couldn't done too much there. So I give you that. But the rest at the very least could have all been handled better. Didn't really care for the tunnel anthem incident either.

There is an element in player fault sure. But when your incidents are the band of the hand some finger pointing rightfully gets pointed at Tombert too.
IDK Slash, Ingram was told he would be relieving the starters TJ and Highsmith (who was actually playing well). He felt he should have been starting or getting more reps and was trying to set himself up for a big payday after his year. Basically forgetting what he was told when he signed that he would be a supporting role player backing up two starters, replacing one if an injury occurs. They got him out of there and picked up a draft pick (6th) which was better than nothing instead of releasing him (like with Blount). He’s still looking for a team right now, so he didn’t show much in KC when he actually got his starts. 6 games in the regular season with 1 sack and 5 tackles (although he had 2 sacks in the playoffs.

Which brings us to Harrison. He was released outright to allow him to find a place to play. He too felt he should playing over TJ or Bud (whose light had finally clicked on). His release was granted due to his past achievements with the club (even though he whined internally to Tomlin and Colbert) before and after the trade deadline. He was supposed to be insurance for injuries, but wanted to start. We know the story after getting his release. Personally, I think Deebo forgot why he was there, and what his role was. His ego got the best of him.

Is it too much to ask to get back to high character/ football oriented players that want to play football and not just be there to use the platform to grow their “brand” or raise their social media followers?! Draft well, use FA to smartly fill holes…..you know, what used to be our calling card and resulted in legitimate championship aspirations? I’m exhausted with drama but maybe that’s just todays world and I’m now the old “get off my lawn” guy 🤷🏻‍♂️
I couldn't have said it any better.