• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Crazy gun nuts

Vis

Reaction score
What's the best autoloader for skeet shooting under $1,000.00?

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Wrong forum *******. This topic is clearly a GenD topic. Flagellate yourself until a mod moves it.

Vis

Reaction score
Safer in this forum, dick cheese, because there are people like you.

USDA#1

Forefather
Reaction score
AK- 47.....won't jam, even after you drop it in the anti- gun nut bullshit.

DBS1970

Contributor
Reaction score
Safer in this forum, dick cheese, because there are people like you.

People like me? You assume I'm a skeet shooting elitist like you just cause I'm white? You racist.

Seriously I have no idea about skeet or trap shooting. Sporting clays aint my thing.

Vis

Reaction score
AK- 47.....won't jam, even after you drop it in the anti- gun nut bullshit.

See, I didn't think the AK-47 was a shotgun. That's why I look for the experts. Where's Spike?

Vis

Reaction score
People like me? You assume I'm a skeet shooting elitist like you just cause I'm white? You racist.

Seriously I have no idea about skeet or trap shooting. Sporting clays aint my thing.

It's better than bowling. I'm new to it.

DBS1970

Contributor
Reaction score
See, I didn't think the AK-47 was a shotgun. That's why I look for the experts. Where's Spike?

Believe it or not there is an AK based shotgun made in Russia. I don't know if it is available in the states though import bans and all.

USDA#1

Forefather
Reaction score
there's an American made one, forget who makes it....saw it in an NRA mag.

Vis

Reaction score

I went to Cabela's and there were many choices, some in the 3-4k range. I'm not that into it.

USDA#1

Forefather
Reaction score
that's why I suggested an AK....you can get one in the 'hood for under a G.

USDA#1

Forefather
Reaction score
or just contact AG Holder.....but hurry....they're flying off his shelf fastly and furiosly.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Why an autoloader for skeet? A nice O/U will do as well and be lighter. Just bought a Mossberg Silver Edition with two sets of barrels and interchangeable chokes for under a G.

If you must go auto the Browning and Beretta make nice guns.....have to do the cost research yerself tho.

Last edited:

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
why are you looking at an NRA mag? Looking to choot someone?

Vader

Reaction score
If you are just getting started I'd get a Remington 1100.

Vis

Reaction score
Why an autoloader for skeet? A nice O/U will do as well and be lighter. Just bought a Mossberg Silver Edition with two sets of barrels and interchangeable chokes for under a G.

If you must go auto the Browning and Beretta make nice guns.....have to do the cost research yerself tho.

It's sometimes skeet at the club and sometimes trap at a friends. I need to hit 3 clays because he can. Beretta has the 1301 designed for 3-gun for 1,100.00. Mossberg has the JM pro for under $1,000.00. I have a pump action Mossberg now I've had for years. I know there are some people here with a more extensive background in shotguns.

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
Haven't gotten into skeet yet. But I can tell you that I'll never buy anything other than Benelli for shotguns again. Much better made than the mossy's and Remington's I've tried. And it's not close.

Vader

Reaction score
I've been working with shotguns for years. I've got Mossy's, Remington's, Ithaca's etc... The 1100 holds the record for consecutive firing at over 24,000 rounds. It's been tried by a lot of other guns but nobody has even come close. Benelli is a good gun but if you want a shotgun to try out I'd take the Remington every time because of the price point.

Vis

Reaction score
I've been working with shotguns for years. I've got Mossy's, Remington's, Ithaca's etc... The 1100 holds the record for consecutive firing at over 24,000 rounds. It's been tried by a lot of other guns but nobody has even come close. Benelli is a good gun but if you want a shotgun to try out I'd take the Remington every time because of the price point.

I'll try one out

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score

I'd agree with your assessment. The Remington's I tried were ok. I prefer the Benelli but for the price difference I can see the argument. Mossy's are trash IMO. I'll never purchase one again. I suppose I shouldn't lump Remington into my mossy hatred, it's undeserved.

Vader

Reaction score
I'd agree with your assessment. The Remington's I tried were ok. I prefer the Benelli but for the price difference I can see the argument. Mossy's are trash IMO. I'll never purchase one again. I suppose I shouldn't lump Remington into my mossy hatred, it's undeserved.

Not sure why you hate Mossy's but I've had tons of them and never had any real issues. They are just cheaper and not as tight as other brands. What problems did you have with them?

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
Not sure why you hate Mossy's but I've had tons of them and never had any real issues. They are just cheaper and not as tight as other brands. What problems did you have with them?

The whole damn thing was rusting through the paint. And I'm OCD about firearm maintenance. Never saw anything like it with any other gun.

Vader

Reaction score
The whole damn thing was rusting through the paint. And I'm OCD about firearm maintenance. Never saw anything like it with any other gun.

Was that just one gun?

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
Was that just one gun?

lol I only need one gun to rust completely for me not to buy from moss again. After it started I used the old google machine and it seems I'm not the only one with a moss rust issue. It was enough to write them off. For the same price I got a Benelli nova that absolutely destroys it in performance and quality IMO. Good that yours have been ok, maybe it's my proximity to the ocean, but like I said its the only gun that's had the issue.