• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Critical Race Theory - Discuss

I sent my daughter to a private Christian high school when she came to live with us. Cost about $450 a month. I owned a small business at the time and she got a weekly paycheck that was conveniently 25% of her monthly tuition. Taxes withheld, completely legit.
******* Genius right there. I'll spot you some white privilege bonus points to use at local assault weapons store.

******* Genius right there. I'll spot you some white privilege bonus points to use at local assault weapons store.

Right? Ron "Andy Dufresne" Burgundy.

Right? Ron "Andy Dufresne" Burgundy.

Where self-employed folks get into trouble with paying their kids is they often want to 1099 them so they don't have to pay work comp and payroll taxes. I paid all that on my daughter, plus it wasn't very much money to begin with. Know too that I was paying double FICA on my own income plus the employer's matching half of FICA on all my employees' income, so I was paying a shitload of taxes to the gubmint. If I found a legal way to save a few bucks then I have zero guilt about it.

Last edited:
That's a good idea, Ron. I know a guy who owns a small business, did the same thing but for college expenses for kids. Government had their dirty, filthy, lying hands on every nickel.

Now these CRT asshats want to also burn the Constitution. It's the direction the Left is heading. We keep saying it. Now they are saying it. People on the Left will still deny this is the case. SMH

former #1 overall NBA pick Kwame Brown has been lighting people up on social media lately. It all started when a couple of ex players called him out on a podcast for being a bust. The 2 players were second tier guys themselves. For those who don’t follow hoops, (I haven’t in years), Kwame Brown is kind of like QB Alex Smith. #1 pick, didn’t live up to the hype but he was a decent player and ended up playing many years and earning a shitload of money.

So basically, it was like a podcast with let’s say, Matt Schaub and Rex Grossman calling out Alex Smith for being a bust.

since that point, Brown has been calling people out for being fake. Here he is defending Candace Owens and calling out wokeness.

Uh oh, look out Kwame Brown, they're coming for you next. You white supremacist Nazi.

Oh wait.

"The left has become the new Westboro Baptist Church." Best comparison I have seen yet.

I'm not clear on what this Westboro Baptist Church thing is. Perhaps I can just google it ( :p ) or you can fill me in real quick?

I'm not clear on what this Westboro Baptist Church thing is. Perhaps I can just google it ( :p ) or you can fill me in real quick
They are basically a hate group, a cult perhaps, that calls itself a church. Their big thing is anti-homosexual stuff, but they have protested funerals, saying it was because that person supported abortion or homosexuality or some other such ****. They are complete fruitcakes.

It’s all an effort to dehumanize anyone that will not accept communism. This is why they recently started calling Asian/Black/Hispanic conservatives “Multiracially White”.

CRT is that line in the sand EVERYONE must stand firmly against. Again I'm thankful to not be living in a communist run state, which will be looking more and more like our own individual countries as time passes on.

The Biden regime it’s pushing this nonsense in the military now. It’s a Stalinist style purge to push out those loyal to the US Constitution and replace them with those loyal to the sitting government.
https://summit.news/2021/06/14/vide...anti-american-indoctrination-in-u-s-military/

Oh this stuff started with Obama. He is after all, a mentored marxist. Hildabeast was going to carry on the work,but Trump ****** that up. We do a 180 away from this bullshit and they go full court press for Trumps entire tenure.

With absolutely no hope of defeating Trump, in comes our Chinese covid gift. In also comes a bogus election.

Forward again towards our fundamental change. It definitely isn't Biden. That ******* brain is a melted crayon.

They have the school systems,media,many courts and now all is needed is the military.

Back to the topic - critical race theory. I will try to present the argument raised by that theory and respond. I do not claim expertise in the topic of critical race theory, so accept that fact from the start. Borrowing from Wikipedia (sue me), critical race theory as a concept holds as follows:

Critical race theory is loosely unified by two common themes: first, that white supremacy, with its societal or structural racism, exists and maintains power through the law;[6] and second, that transforming the relationship between law and racial power, and also achieving racial emancipation and anti-subordination more broadly, is possible.[7]

Critics of critical race theory argue that it relies on social constructionism, elevates storytelling over evidence and reason, rejects the concepts of truth and merit.

Another site defined CRT this way:

Critical race theory (CRT), intellectual movement and loosely organized framework of legal analysis based on the premise that race is not a natural, biologically grounded feature of physically distinct subgroups of human beings but a socially constructed (culturally invented) category that is used to oppress and exploit people of colour. Critical race theorists hold that the law and legal institutions in the United States are inherently racist insofar as they function to create and maintain social, economic, and political inequalities between whites and nonwhites, especially African Americans.

That definition seems inherently flawed, since it seems to argue that race is a mere social construct, not something of biology, used by one race to subjugate other races. So race is not real, and is used by one race against another. Okaaaay ...

One key here is that CRT takes the position that whites founded America, made rules to benefit white people, those rules remain in place, and that as a result, white people are benefited in every social construct imaginable, from education to housing to social standing to entertainment. The theory that "social constructionism" promotes story-telling over evidence lies in the fact that since all "evidence" is viewed via a white prism, then "evidence" becomes malleable, unfixed, a mere construct. That is why CRT proponents argue that "story-telling" has greater weight than actual evidence.

Also, a key concept of CRT is something called "white privilege." White privilege is defined - once again, using Wiki - as "the set of social advantages, benefits, and courtesies that come with being a member of the dominant race (i.e. white people). For example, a shop attendant not following a white person around in a store because of assumption of shoplifting is viewed as white privilege. Another example would be people not crossing the street at night to avoid a white person."

For me, a fundamentally important concept in analyzing theories that I might at first blush find repugnant is to learn about the theory, study it dispassionately and with as much objectivity as I can muster. I read Adam Smith's "The Wealth of Nations" and Marx's "Das Kapital" in college as part of my economics classes. I studied the economic theories behind Marx's communist manifesto, and studied the concepts. I think that others who have done the same - Ron for example - will concur when I say Marx is about 10% economics and 90% philosophy. The problem with Marx's theory - called the "labor value" theory - is that he never examined the theory in practice. He relied instead on his philosophy.

The same holds true for CRT. In particular, the fundamental precepts of CRT - laws are enacted to protect whites, race is the inherent motivation behind social norms and laws, whites benefit from their race while blacks suffer due to theirs - are simply not valid. Let's take a look at a few:
  • The 14th Amendment was not adopted to benefit and protect white people. If white people make the laws to protect white people, why would white people need to implement a law to protect citizens from discrimination based on race? Wouldn't that already be in place to protect whites, so why would another law be needed to protect whites?
  • The civil rights laws of 1964, and state laws dating back even further, once again did not benefit white people.
  • The literally thousands of laws in the United States protecting minorities - in employment, education, transportation, medical care, banking, real estate - were not adopted to benefit white people. In fact, that theory makes no sense.
  • Specifically, if white people had advantages in education, employment, etc., then why would they need such laws? And why would the laws specifically protect the interest of non-whites?
  • Also, the concept of white privilege makes no sense. If every black person left America, would whites still have "white privilege"? If not, then how does adding a minority population benefit the majority?
  • Iceland has basically zero minorities. The nation is 97% white.
  • Would bringing in 5,000 Somalis make the lives of the 97% better? How? Would not the 97% now have greater "white privilege"?
  • If not, then white privilege is a fiction.
  • If white privilege exists, then are Asians "extra white"?
In short, "white privilege" is basically non-existent, CRT has fundamental logical flaws. However, one point is valid and bears discussion - denigrating a race for something they don't control, like skin color, for decades, treating that race with hostility, is damaging to members of that race. The hostility creates anger, anger creates bad decisions, bad decisions create bad results. It was true as it pertained to blacks in 1921 and is now true as it pertains to whites in 2021.

CRT is just anti-white propaganda. I ran into it in college and thought it was one of the most ignorant philosophies I'd ever studied. It's filled with self-abased contradictions and logical incongruencies. CRT is nothing more than a reservoir for anti-white hate.

Apparently that man, while having two medical degrees, is still stupid - according to the majority of the cesspool that is Twitter.

I swear to god, that place is the absolute bottom of the barrel for actual discussion.

Apparently that man, while having two medical degrees, is still stupid - according to the majority of the cesspool that is Twitter.

I swear to god, that place is the absolute bottom of the barrel for actual discussion.

The bottom line is the democrat party has to have it this way. They use groups of people against each other.

What do they have without division? They'll use class and race to maintain their position in power. If you throw in giving away free stuff,which they just term as a right, it's a really successful platform.

That's why they will NEVER be a force for unity. They'll make **** up like critical race theory, white supremacy, white nationalist and white privilege.

We just can't have people get along and prospering on their own without government control. They'd no longer be needed and go extinct.

Our so called educational system is leading the way pushing perversion, class,race,victimhood and to look at others as an oppressor that is somehow ingrained in their DNA by skin color.

The bottom line is the democrat party has to have it this way. They use groups of people against each other.

What do they have without division? They'll use class and race to maintain their position in power. If you throw in giving away free stuff,which they just term as a right, it's a really successful platform.

That's why they will NEVER be a force for unity. They'll make **** up like critical race theory, white supremacy, white nationalist and white privilege.

We just can't have people get along and prospering on their own without government control. They'd no longer be needed and go extinct.

Our so called educational system is leading the way pushing perversion, class,race,victimhood and to look at others as an oppressor that is somehow ingrained in their DNA by skin color.
This country should be so much further ahead by now it's not even funny. I think it really all started to go downhill leading up to JFKs assassination. Then MLK had to go. Connect the dots...

Wasn't sure where to put this and didn't want to start a thread for it, but is this an example of the #StopAsianHate we keep seeing all over the TV and everywhere else? An example of the 'domestic terrorism' they're all up in arms about?

Wasn't sure where to put this and didn't want to start a thread for it, but is this an example of the #StopAsianHate we keep seeing all over the TV and everywhere else? An example of the 'domestic terrorism' they're all up in arms about?

Look at that evil Hwite Soopremacist attempting to commit a hate crime.

I love how she is getting her *** kicked and she starts yelling "chill out" "chill out" yeah, you aint so bad *** now.