• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Danny Smith gushing over working with legit punter

What if all posters just replied:

"You are right, Tomlin sucks"

To all posts?

Maybe that would soothe the fragile ego

And bring whirrled peas.
I didn't bring personal attacks into this discussion why did you? What's your problem? Why bring it to an ad hominem level?

You are the Dan Moore Jr of SN

Accept it, and gracefully take your place watching from the sidelines this season.

He will be siting there, next to the Tomlin, only work his way up to possibly carrying the cord for the head phones…………..

Salute the nation

https://www.footballdb.com/statistics/nfl/player-stats/punting

He was 2nd to very last place, I don't care how he's "holding for the K." That is HORRID. He avg. 43.8 on punts, 2nd to the very worst in the NFL. Thank God Kahn took control and "booted" fat boy off this team. Shades refused to. How many more shanks did we have to witness as Shades stayed "buddies" with the load?
you continually ignore the truth about why he was still on the team last season

they brought in competition in the preseason and he out performed them

oh and for the record as bas as harvin was, his last preseason he really punted well and did way better than the guy they brought in to compete

to say otherwise is just ignoring the truth
Harvins issues were punting under pressure. He'd look awesome in practice... they just chased the idea that they could work out his issues one season too long... I don't really see this staff as the kind with the ability to rehab guys that are head-cases lol

i remember when Cowher kept a really crappy punter on the team because tgey were buddies and his quick short but oh so short punts were too fast to get blocked🤣

Harvins issues were punting under pressure. He'd look awesome in practice... they just chased the idea that they could work out his issues one season too long... I don't really see this staff as the kind with the ability to rehab guys that are head-cases lol
Harvin was 2nd to dead last in punt avg. Way to go Tomlin. Really keen judgement. And on a team that values field position so much, just giving yards away endlessly. Really smart player management.

I thought they were keeping Corlis Williamson over Harvin after he was down

This punter is a good one but hopefully he won’t get a lot of work.
Punters are like defenses

They look really good when they stay on the sidelines

If we didn’t have an inept HC, a crayon eating OC and a backup caliber QB starting we would’ve saw a lot less of the D and Harvin…that would have been nice, maybe we can try looking like a pro offense moving forward to avoid so much usage of the D and the punter

https://www.footballdb.com/statistics/nfl/player-stats/punting

He was 2nd to very last place, I don't care how he's "holding for the K." That is HORRID. He avg. 43.8 on punts, 2nd to the very worst in the NFL. Thank God Kahn took control and "booted" fat boy off this team. Shades refused to. How many more shanks did we have to witness as Shades stayed "buddies" with the load?

Harvin was 2nd to dead last in punt avg. Way to go Tomlin. Really keen judgement. And on a team that values field position so much, just giving yards away endlessly. Really smart player management.

What?? not sure i understand.. please repeat yourself... as youre want to do.

We punted Harvin and signed a real punter. I have never been so happy with a change at the punter position. Have to admit, I am feeling Danny's excitement here. Sad, I know.

We punted Harvin and signed a real punter. I have never been so happy with a change at the punter position. Have to admit, I am feeling Danny's excitement here. Sad, I know.
We should all show our appreciation and go out and buy some big league chew or Bubblicious.

Harvin was second to LAST in punting average, and STILL had to have the GM step in to fire him. Tomlin thought everything was just SUPER with the 2nd to last place punter on staff. Brilliant, Mikey, just brilliant.

Harvin was second to LAST in punting average, and STILL had to have the GM step in to fire him. Tomlin thought everything was just SUPER with the 2nd to last place punter on staff. Brilliant, Mikey, just brilliant.
you know if you say the same thing over and over it doesn't make it any more accurate....

other than the punting average the balance of your repeated comment is just you being you

Were there "meetings over wings" we never knew about?

They must have been buddies!