• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Daring to be ... angry (not so daring).

Steel Reign

Custom Title
Contributor
Reaction score
So, the game isn't over but here I am. I try to see the positives before the negatives. But this is a week where I can't do that. So, in my weekly (lol) daring series, I am daring (is it daring, no) I am going with angry. Preview/TLDR: The head coach, the O coordinator and the D coordinator (Austin, but yeah Tomlin) need to be fired.

Tomlin: I am usually gentle on Tomlin. Not because he should be treated gingerly but because his chances of being fire are de minimis at best. But, today, I just can't take it anymore. First, he has NO control over his teams (or coordinators). He is an aviator wearing head coach that pretends to be excited and coaching when we are in it and disappears, staring into nothing with his aviators when we aren't. He has zero balls. He doesn't understand challenges (when/where/who/how). He LIVES in his fears. He has either zero or no control over his coordinators (I think he has full control) (which results in trash either way). FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE STOP REFFERING TO NON-LOSING SEASONS. For the illiterate, that also means NON-WINNING SEASONS. Please be fired.

Austin - Feel bad for him. He sucks. Sucked before he got here. Now he is the placeholder (that sucks) acting as the figurehead for the Tomlin defense (that sucks). We suck *** at zone. For the love of god, stop it. Also, please be fired.

Canada: Gave him some credit, First couple drives were GOOD play calls. Liked it. Even if points weren't produced, it was a postive. But then Canada when Canadian and it all went to ****. As usual. Canada is Sphincter 2.0. Please fire him.

Receivers: Tired of receivers yelling for balls and not catching. I could call out names, but you know them.

Refs: For God's sake? WTF? We were getting destroyed and the calls are still one sided. Really? **** the NFL and its refs. Reality is, it likely would have been even worse if we were in it.

Defense: Much of this is on the coordinator and "head coach" who meddles in (controls) D, but we SUCK at zone. Please stop. It has been years. Please.

On the positives:

Well, there were some, by Pickett, Najee, Pickens and others on O. But it is irrelevant when you see the above. Defense, see the above.

Watt Watch:

Love to have him back. Don't want him back. Even if the players turn amazing it won't matter. Coaches control the show and they both live in their fears and suck.

All in all, and I understand and agree players made mistakes (some big), but this game is on coaches and leadership (and ownership). If our head coach and coordinators are all not immediately fired we better be accepting of this for a long time because the record may get better but the results won't. Also, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE STOP REFFERING TO NON-LOSING SEASONS. For the illiterate, that also means NON-WINNING SEASONS. Please fire all coaches involved.

ADDON/EDIT: Apparently the refs did not realize that once the game is over they don't need to continue to be asinine pieces of crap. The head ref in this game should be instantly fired. F his union.

Last edited:
Angry that a defense showed how unimpressive they actually are. Kenny is the future, but he threw some bad passes especially in the fourth quarter. Angry that Tomlin continues hire coaches that cannot seem to improve players. Mad we have no identity, and we truly have no physicality. Mad Tomlin will hug opposition players and not stand for his as Kenny today on the questionable hits. Mad our defense will not tackle and cannot tackle why???
The head official today should be fined he cared less till a player said or did something to him and he lost total control, which he had no problem throwing flags on our guys standing up for our QB

Pickett and Pickens are developing chemistry.
Warren runs full steam ahead.
The oline will protect their QB post whistle.

Downsides - coaching has top notch ingredients but cannot prep a damn meal

Claypool needs to learn to run routes. Romo showed on the one play how if he ran the proper depth/route, it was an easy catch crossing the middle. Instead, he was meandering down the middle going deeper at an angle. Maybe that's why we don't see quick passes across the middle because no one can run the route properly. That is easily coachable as well.

Claypool needs to learn to run routes. Romo showed on the one play how if he ran the proper depth/route, it was an easy catch crossing the middle. Instead, he was meandering down the middle going deeper at an angle. Maybe that's why we don't see quick passes across the middle because no one can run the route properly. That is easily coachable as well.

It's abundantly clear they don't teach **** on this team. Teachers they are not. If you don't come in with the skills or go learn them on your own, you're ******!

You have to understand strategically, psychologically and physically why players aren’t working out… Claypool is a glory hound… he is trying to make every catch a huge play and highlight reel catch…
DJ loses focus under pressure…
I think Bush is an overthinker that doesn’t process fast enough… he gets to where he is supposed to be enough but doesn’t react to the play quickly….

There was a play where he ran right by the rb with the ball… it was just slow reaction

Send a message and eat crow. Bush and Claypool shouldn’t be playing significant snaps. No heart, no effort.
It’s BEYOND time for Diontae Johnson to be dealt with, too. I’m sick of watching this guy make critical drops, and lack complete field awareness to get his fucjing feet down, etc…..this guy is a boob, has been a boob, and hasn’t done jack to warrant the contract he was given. I’d rather see Boykin at least try, and give a **** instead of DJ **** a drive up once again. How many times do we have to see his lack of awareness **** a drive up, that could swing momentum? ****, even today, early game, he steps up and makes a ******* play, and who knows where it goes? His third down drop lead to a 30 yard pant, followed by a 45 yard td pass. This guy is an overrated WR, and I wish they never would have given him that contract.

No the Pirates would be a cap floor team that hired the cheapest coach and their scouts would all be bums from under the 2nd Avenue overpass who work for MadDog2020… they would have sold TJ and Minkah for magic beans, not signed them
******* A! That’s true

No the Pirates would be a cap floor team that hired the cheapest coach and their scouts would all be bums from under the 2nd Avenue overpass who work for MadDog2020… they would have sold TJ and Minkah for magic beans, not signed them
And that would be different than this 1-4 shitshow how exactly?

It's abundantly clear they don't teach **** on this team. Teachers they are not. If you don't come in with the skills or go learn them on your own, you're ******!
combine that thought with what Juju Smith Schuster said last week about his time in KC vs his time here in the Burgh and how much more he learned in 6 months in KC vs 4 years in Pittsburgh and it really makes you think WTF is Tomlin and his staff teaching our players?

I swear I think I read something, somewhere that quoted Tomlin as saying HE shouldn't have to "teach". Yet, I've heard him saying, "This is the NFL", (in different scenarios) meaning it's not college anymore. If the NFL is so much more difficult, why not teach it?

I swear I think I read something, somewhere that quoted Tomlin as saying HE shouldn't have to "teach". Yet, I've heard him saying, "This is the NFL", (in different scenarios) meaning it's not college anymore. If the NFL is so much more difficult, why not teach it?
Drunk ***. “I swear…I think”. Those were the first to problems lol.

Yes and that sold me on his *** moving on. What good is he then?

The Pens won 3 cups and lost a close final in the 4th.
The pens wasted a huge portion of two of tge most talented players to ever lace up skates because as an interim coach, Dan Bylsma, a know nothing ex 4.th line scrub, won a cup with a team that had just been in the finals and was only losing because the former coach repressed the offense trying to win 1-0 every game.. they then blew those players primes by letting a coach that thought a good offensive scheme was just nonstop stretch passes and his defense was a bunch of zero talent dim bulbs blocking shots but then giving the puck back right back to the shooting team rather than clearing it…

it was utterly absurd…it was painfully obvious after a couple seasons he was in over his head… he should have been fired before year five, but that cup got him six seasons here… Buffalo fired him after two seasons despite him being under contract for several more years..

The pens wasted a huge portion of two of tge most talented players to ever lace up skates because as an interim coach, Dan Bylsma, a know nothing ex 4.th line scrub, won a cup with a team that had just been in the finals and was only losing because the former coach repressed the offense trying to win 1-0 every game.. they then blew those players primes by letting a coach that thought a good offensive scheme was just nonstop stretch passes and his defense was a bunch of zero talent dim bulbs blocking shots but then giving the puck back right back to the shooting team rather than clearing it…

it was utterly absurd…it was painfully obvious after a couple seasons he was in over his head… he should have been fired before year five, but that cup got him six seasons here… Buffalo fired him after two seasons despite him being under contract for several more years..

Still won 3 cups, but I do believe they could have won 2-3 more.

2013 sweep by Boston was the series that had me give up on Bylsma. I’m glad Sullivan was able to salvage the careers of the core group.

However Sullivan is starting to resemble Tomlin in some ways. The stubbornness and refusal to adapt to the current trends of their respective leagues.

And I think both the Pens and Steelers have potential

Still won 3 cups, but I do believe they could have won 2-3 more.
They had a mojo in 2018. They lost the grit to push them past the caps. I’m not complaining, 2 cups back to back was a good feat. 2013 was a wasted opportunity. That roster was loaded up and down with talent. The bruins just flat out bullied them in the eastern conference final.