• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dark Days for Men Continue...

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
There was hope fellas. Real hope. Now...it's just gone.

US Supreme Court refuses to 'Free the Nipple' in topless women case

WASHINGTON, Jan 13 (Reuters) - The Supreme Court on Monday decided not to "Free the Nipple," refusing to hear an appeal by three women fined by a city in New Hampshire for exposing their breasts in public who argued that banning female but not male toplessness violates the U.S. Constitution.

The justices left in place a 2019 ruling by New Hampshire's top court upholding the women's convictions for violating an ordinance in the city of Laconia that makes it illegal to show female breasts in public "with less than a fully opaque covering of any part of the nipple."

The women - Heidi Lilley, Kia Sinclair and Ginger Pierro - were involved in the "Free the Nipple" movement, which court papers described as campaigns against "sexualized objectification of women" and in favor of women being able to go topless in public if they wish.

Pierro was arrested on a beach on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee in May 2016 where she was performing yoga while topless. Lilley and Sinclair were both arrested days later while topless on another beach where they were protesting Pierro's arrest.

The three women were given suspended fines of $100 each, on condition of subsequent good behavior.

Among the legal arguments made by the women is that any law that punishes women for exposing their breasts while allowing men to go shirtless violates the Constitution's 14th Amendment, which requires that laws be applied equally to everyone.

The New Hampshire Supreme Court ruled that the ordinance did not discriminate against women, noting that it bars nudity of both men and women. The different definition of what constitutes nudity is based on "the traditional understanding of what constitutes nudity," that court concluded.

Laconia is located about 25 miles (40 km) north of Concord, the capital of New Hampshire.

free-the-nipple-facebook-june-2015.0.0.jpg

And yet, they are supposed to have the right to do with their bodies as they please.

Somehow, however prostitution and public nudity do not apply. It would seem, you can do with your body WHAT WE PLEASE. We of course, being an arbitrary set of laws, decided upon and enforced by crotchety old folks.

I can only view this as a win for everyone. So let's say that women win the case. They can go around topless. Men will look. I would. Then it starts a whole new #metoo thing. This court saved men from themselves far as I'm concerned.

In their utopia, women would be allowed to walk around nude, but any man that looks would be labeled the devil and publicly shamed for being sexist.

If words bother people so much, imagine a wrong "look".....

Pierro was arrested on a beach on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee in May 2016 where she was performing yoga while topless.

I wonder if that is near Dr. Leo Marvin's vacation home. And can't stop staring at 2nd from the left.

I guess I would treat it as I treat visible tattoos.

If you have a visible tattoo on your body, I have every right to look at it. Just as if you hung a piece of art on the wall of your shop, I have the right to look at that piece of art.

Conversely, if you want your art to be private - well, keep it private. But don't ***** at me because I looked at the tattoo you are showing everyone.

I guess I would treat it as I treat visible tattoos.

If you have a visible tattoo on your body, I have every right to look at it. Just as if you hung a piece of art on the wall of your shop, I have the right to look at that piece of art.

Conversely, if you want your art to be private - well, keep it private. But don't ***** at me because I looked at the tattoo you are showing everyone.

Excellent point. I mean common sense, but it's lost on a lot of people.

There was hope fellas. Real hope. Now...it's just gone.

US Supreme Court refuses to 'Free the Nipple' in topless women case

WASHINGTON, Jan 13 (Reuters) - The Supreme Court on Monday decided not to "Free the Nipple," refusing to hear an appeal by three women fined by a city in New Hampshire for exposing their breasts in public who argued that banning female but not male toplessness violates the U.S. Constitution.

The justices left in place a 2019 ruling by New Hampshire's top court upholding the women's convictions for violating an ordinance in the city of Laconia that makes it illegal to show female breasts in public "with less than a fully opaque covering of any part of the nipple."

The women - Heidi Lilley, Kia Sinclair and Ginger Pierro - were involved in the "Free the Nipple" movement, which court papers described as campaigns against "sexualized objectification of women" and in favor of women being able to go topless in public if they wish.

Pierro was arrested on a beach on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee in May 2016 where she was performing yoga while topless. Lilley and Sinclair were both arrested days later while topless on another beach where they were protesting Pierro's arrest.

The three women were given suspended fines of $100 each, on condition of subsequent good behavior.

Among the legal arguments made by the women is that any law that punishes women for exposing their breasts while allowing men to go shirtless violates the Constitution's 14th Amendment, which requires that laws be applied equally to everyone.

The New Hampshire Supreme Court ruled that the ordinance did not discriminate against women, noting that it bars nudity of both men and women. The different definition of what constitutes nudity is based on "the traditional understanding of what constitutes nudity," that court concluded.

Laconia is located about 25 miles (40 km) north of Concord, the capital of New Hampshire.

free-the-nipple-facebook-june-2015.0.0.jpg

Last edited:
i can only imagine that ******* like Indy and Ogre would applaud this as it keeps them from signing more mortgage papers and being served other legal paperwork.

i can only imagine that ******* like Indy and Ogre would applaud this as it keeps them from signing more mortgage papers and being served other legal paperwork.

Good point. Also, given their inability to control their female-attraction impulses, I can see a series of frenetic grabbings leading to many arrests and the need for highly qualified legal services.

Win-win.

just a shame that neither of them would have any point of reference for "qualified legal services"

In their utopia, women would be allowed to walk around nude, but any man that looks would be labeled the devil and publicly shamed for being sexist.

If words bother people so much, imagine a wrong "look".....

j6NjCLM.jpg

Another idiotic decision by the Supreme Court. Worst decision since Kelo v. New London.

4, 2, 1, 3.

Last edited: