• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Decastro says new deal is close, believes it will be in place before Monday

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...tro-new-deal-close-believes-will-come-monday/

some good news

get er done !

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Great hope it gets done.

Spike

Reaction score
They damn well better get it done.

After taking care of AB he was our biggest priority

Getting a few bucks back might help too.

Last edited:

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
This is another one that pisses me off a bit. We will not negotiate once the season starts. Well if you are that close you are going to quit on Monday. Really. Because you are going to distract him. Pretty sure no financial security will distract him too. Absolutes paint you in a corner.

steelhurt

In Andy I trust....
Reaction score
This has always been a no brainer to re-sign David to an extension being that he's our best OL. Get it done and lets move on.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Would love to see Faneca Jr. in a Steelers uniform for a long time. Just hope they don't break the bank.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I don't think I'm as high on DeCastro as many of you are. I think he's a good guard that has had one great season (last year). To put him in the top 5 to me is rash. I think he's solidly an 8mil a year player and I pay him that. I don't think he warrants 10mil a season.

I like his potential, but I also know he cost us an all pro center for an entire season. He's not nearly as athletic as Pouncey is, and I don't think he merits Pouncey Pay. IMHO.

Spike

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I don't think I'm as high on DeCastro as many of you are. I think he's a good guard that has had one great season (last year). To put him in the top 5 to me is rash. I think he's solidly an 8mil a year player and I pay him that. I don't think he warrants 10mil a season.

I like his potential, but I also know he cost us an all pro center for an entire season. He's not nearly as athletic as Pouncey is, and I don't think he merits Pouncey Pay. IMHO.

Who said anything about ranking him? You want to not pay him and dump him?????

Oh yeah - that makes sense, get some scrub off the waiver wire to replace him, Ben doesn't need protection, the hell with the O-line, all this team needs is more Chickillo's to make that defense great again!

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Kind of hope they can get Bell signed to a reduced price deal in addition to DD. Not sure if they can work contracts with suspended players however

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Who said anything about ranking him? You want to not pay him and dump him?????

Oh yeah - that makes sense, get some scrub off the waiver wire to replace him, Ben doesn't need protection, the hell with the O-line, all this team needs is more Chickillo's to make that defense great again!

No, I want to prioritize the spending of valuable cap money. I'd rather spend the money on retaining AB, Bell, Shazier, Tuitt, and Wheaton.

I never said DeCastro isn't good, I just don't think he merits a big payday at the expense of the ability to retain talent.

Steelmann

Reaction score
Sign him up. Next year cap goes up?

It is certainly refreshing to not talk about how ****** our o line is.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
No, I want to prioritize the spending of valuable cap money. I'd rather spend the money on retaining AB, Bell, Shazier, Tuitt, and Wheaton.

I never said DeCastro isn't good, I just don't think he merits a big payday at the expense of the ability to retain talent.

Shazier can't get a big payday until he proves he can stay healthy, at least from us

Spike

Reaction score

That's NEXT YEAR!

One Year at a time!

One Game at a time!

that's what I say

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score

This has a point if just looking at it in a vacuum, but it's been going on for the last 15 years that they find a way to keep the guys they want to keep and will say goodbye when it's time. Antonio Brown is going nowhere, the one guy I don't know about is Bell, given his suspension and injury history....he's a hard one to negotiate for.

steel shinin

Reaction score
Per Gerry Dulac via twitter. The deal is DONE. Hooray!

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
David DeCastro has agreed to a five-year, $50 million contract extension, per @DanGrazianoESPN #Steelers

Spike

Reaction score
5 yr...$50M

there u go

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I was hoping for 5/45, but is great to keep our solid draft picks

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Congrats well deserved