• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Decastro says new deal is close, believes it will be in place before Monday

Very good signing. Happy for both the Steelers and David.

Great news! DeCastro is as solid as they come, he'll be a key anchor on that line for the foreseeable future. Both Ben & Bell must be elated.

Took much longer than I thought, but this was a deal everyone knew would get done. The Steelers don't let guys like DeCastro walk.

I am happy to have him, and I hope the cap room helps us next year to sign all of our young talent.

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...y-contract-details-steelers-g-david-decastro/

2.77 million in cap savings from the deal

We're rollin in the money now

woo-hoo!

Who we gonna buy?

the team already had about 2,5M of cap space so that would be 5M extra that would roll to next year's cap right?

Took much longer than I thought, but this was a deal everyone knew would get done. The Steelers don't let guys like DeCastro walk.

It would have been done before camp had Al Davis's son not screwed all the other franchises with All Pro Guards and giving that monster contract to a player below DeCastro's ability. OAK hoarded so much cap space that they HAD to spend, since being well under the cap floor. Look for Cleveland to do the same in a couple years.