• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Desmond King cryptic tweet

ugghhh, you can't fix stupid.

Remember, just a few years ago, when many would get angry that "Tomlin only won with Cowher's players"? That ship has sailed and the apologists were wrong. Now, its clearer that Cowher's coaches also were significant contributors; combined with Tomlin's Charlie Brown Coaching Tree, it is beyond obvious where the football problem really is.

Unfortunately, we have the The Deuce making the ultimate football decisions, and his track record is poor.
Yeah, I figured that out a few years ago. Shades inherited Chin’s entire staff except for Whiz who moved on and was replaced by The Bruce who was already here and Dick Hoak who retired. Obviously as the team became more and more his, the playoff wins became fewer and fewer. The Tomlin Fan Club on social media has been pretty quiet this season.

I wanted Rush in the 4th round in my mocks, nice.
Kid's size and play in college is very similar to our late round pick out of Purdue..

I would bet a dime to a donut that the Steelers had him ranked higher than Trice... and now have both.

Rush was drafted in the 5th I believe, and remember we did not have a 5th round pick last draft....now we do!

The Steelers really need a good CB coach to help develop Rush and Trice when he is back from his injury. These guys have some nice intangibles. Trice showed very good promise before his injury. Rush has the length and speed to hang with just about anyone. Figure it out coaches.

On King you knew he was a veteran and capable. Rush is a project. He was beaten for TDs in preseason and the team moved on. I can't pretend to have faith in the coaches coaching him up. They can't even coach veteran players up. So at this point they are just shuffling players in and out. Not upgrading deficiencies but sitting on their arse hoping players will improve.

So they will trot out Moore, Pat Pete, Sullivan which they knew had pass coverage issues coming in, and pair it with not tweaking their schemes.

Is there any doubt coaching is this teams biggest issue? Everything else is a distant second.
The standard is the standard, and that standard is ego and mediocrity

The few defensive plays he was in, he looked slow and out of place. There is probably more going on than we will know publicly. This might be a good thing he’s cut now.

The few defensive plays he was in, he looked slow and out of place. There is probably more going on than we will know publicly. This might be a good thing he’s cut now.
I thought he was supposed to have very good speed but when he was returning kicks, he looked as slow as molasses.

So why didn't the Steelers FO grab this Rush off the PS weeks ago?

Wasn't impressed with him. This is the business side of the sport

Its part of what I assume to be a post bye strategy change… i think they are looking to do to more man press coverage and they didn’t have the guys to do that..
Ok, then why didn't they execute this brilliant new strategy earlier in the bye?

If this is a coaching decision then the coach that made it should be fired if he goes on to be a contributing player elsewhere while the guys we kept continue to underperform. I dont care if its Austin, Bubbles or Tomlin

This, another reason displaying the genius that Tomlin is. Won’t even use this guy, who’s a known player/performer, but continues to trot out Gunner O who has done nothing but burn is time after time after time after time…….I don’t care what happens this season, it’s time for shades to go.
Seems like the general consensus for this move.

So....question.
Not that I am jumping to Tomlin’s defense here. But all offseason long we were exuding the brilliance of the Kahn-man & Weidl player personal moves. From the draft choices/trades to the acquisitions in FA. And now,with the cutting of King( who by the way didn’t show me much) and pickup of Rush why is this all on Tomlin?
Is this not a move by Kahn and Weidl?

So....question.
Not that I am jumping to Tomlin’s defense here. But all offseason long we were exuding the brilliance of the Kahn-man & Weidl player personal moves. From the draft choices/trades to the acquisitions in FA. And now,with the cutting of King( who by the way didn’t show me much) and pickup of Rush why is this all on Tomlin?
You're right, thanks for that perspective. I'm so pissed at Tomlin and this coaching staff that I'm quick to assign blame to them.

So....question.
Not that I am jumping to Tomlin’s defense here. But all offseason long we were exuding the brilliance of the Kahn-man & Weidl player personal moves. From the draft choices/trades to the acquisitions in FA. And now,with the cutting of King (who by the way didn’t show me much) and pickup of Rush why is this all on Tomlin?
I think they combine effort GMs and HC look at a possible pickup and then pull the trigger.

I am actually ok with both sides of the coin bringing in a player. They target these players at times coming off injury. Not costing a lot to take a close up look see. It either works or doesn't. I would rather them try and not succeed than not try at all. You don't get better by sitting on your hands. If anything they don't shuffle in enough vets. They could use depth at C and WR and corner. All three would probably result in a cut but if it is an upgrade...so be it.

Bottom line in life, business, and sports…
When you recognize and accept your mistakes… you rectify and move forward..

Last edited: