• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Do Christians even believe in Christianity? No, they don't.

• Thread starter Thread starter GTDome
  • Start date Start date
No, the Biblical version. Based upon the central tenets of Christianity. Incidentally, it's the version that says that if you stray from The Book, you're ******.

you misunderstand....

but really only the gay and Christian-empowering stuff. All the commands about women's head coverings and blended fabrics, not important. But dude-on-dude stuff must. be. stopped

that is the media version.

It's a destructive religion, Sally, as millions upon millions throughout history can attest to.

Damn y'all are ridiculous.
So destructive that millions of its hardcore adherents have inexplicably been motivated to built hospitals (Presbyterian, Methodist), organize charities (Salvation Army), adopt orphans worldwide, go on self-funded missions trips anywhere there's need, I could go on and on....

As for the linked OP, I've never heard of this Justin Paul Waters, and he's never heard of me. He could write thousand page essays on his beliefs and he won't convert me. I could write similar essays/blogs about the Christian faith and it won't convert him. How is this meaningful debate?

So destructive that millions of its hardcore adherents have inexplicably been motivated to built hospitals (Presbyterian, Methodist), organize charities (Salvation Army), adopt orphans worldwide, go on self-funded missions trips anywhere there's need, I could go on and on....

(Yes, self funded mission trips, typically packing Bibles and little else.)

Millions of atheists, Muslims, Buddhists, etc. have also done nice things btw. Many Christians also let their kids die of illnesses because they believe in faith healing. Some believe in beating the sin out of their kids, or leaving them to sleep in the mud to be "purified." Some diddle the little boys who trust them as men of God. Hundreds of years ago, many killed nonbelievers or tortured them into converting. Some beat gays to death. And now I have my kids learning at AGE ******* FIVE that they're doomed to burn forever because of ******* Eve, a talking snake, and their own life mistakes. And before you tell me those are just nutjobs who are "getting it wrong," note that that stuff I mentioned doesn't even compare to what Yaweh did in the Good Ole Book.

No, their good deeds do not cancel out their many bad ones, and vice versa. But that wasn't the point of this thread. Do YOU, a Christian, believe in that book? Or a watered-down 2000s Christianity that just takes bits and pieces, but doesn't banish menstruating women to the woods or promote rape?

As for the linked OP, I've never heard of this Justin Paul Waters, and he's never heard of me. He could write thousand page essays on his beliefs and he won't convert me. I could write similar essays/blogs about the Christian faith and it won't convert him.

How do you know? I thought that God touched hearts and turned around lives.. ?

How is this meaningful debate?

Because Christianity is silly, divisive, and harmful. And because this forum is called "Politics and Religion."

you misunderstand....

that is the media version.

What I'm saying is that the biblical version of Christianity calls for you to believe in and follow every word. A "Christian" who picks and chooses is, according to the Bible, a despicable heathen who'll burn forever and ever.

I was just curious as to which version you guys subscribed to. I'm betting it's 99.9% the latter.

Ah, well. Let's look at it in the reverse. Atheists are full of ****, too.

Every veteran you ever talk to will state that there are no atheists in foxholes. So when your *** is really in the ****, I bet you'll be looking to God for comfort.

Christopher Hitchens, an avowed atheist, supposedly had a death bed conversion.

What I'm saying is that the biblical version of Christianity calls for you to believe in and follow every word. A "Christian" who picks and chooses is, according to the Bible, a despicable heathen who'll burn forever and ever.

I was just curious as to which version you guys subscribed to. I'm betting it's 99.9% the latter.

Easy peezy................

proverbs3.13.jpg

Might shock you that I'm a registered Republican who voted for Dubya twice, then McCain and supported Romney.

How many times are you going to repeat this statement, and in how many different threads? As many times as Kobe launched shots in his farewell game? Then will you give it a rest?

I'm betting you are full of ****.

Is this another douchebag atheist obsessing over deriding someone's faith? Wtf is up with that..

Where's Elfie been lately? Seems like no Elfie, then this guy appears. Just sayin'.

Elfie shows.
Elfie rages.
Elfie gets educated.
Eflie disappears.
Elfie reappears.
Elfies claims utter destruction of every imbecile here.

Wash.
Rinse.
Repeat.

You seem to have a very stereotypical view of what it means to be a Christian. The post lumps all "Christians" together, as if they all believe the same things. Some of us for example don't believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible, others do, and others are somewhere in between. Just like some people believe in no higher power, some people believe is some sort of higher power, and others believe in a specific, named deity.

Some of us believe that we cannot begin to comprehend a being that could do something like "create a universe". We're not so arrogant as to think we have all the answers.

We can enjoy fictional entertainment for what it is, and not worry if God approves of what fictional characters are doing.

Some of us pray not for God to do anything specific, but for God's will to be done and for the strength and grace to accept it.

We may be Christians and we may feel strongly about our beliefs but we are still human, flawed and imperfect. Some of us strive to be what we think we should be, even as we know we fall terribly short.

Of course we're afraid of dying...we have people here we love and don't want to leave. No one can be certain of exactly what awaits us. We don't believe we're headed up to some pearly gates and fluffy clouds, we know that's a child's fairy tale vision of what eternal life is like. Of course not knowing is scary.

Many of us have put God to the test, some of us have even found him lacking, some of us have cursed him, and then eventually returned to him.

I could go on, but you get the gist. Your stereotypical militant atheist view of what it means to be a Christian is a caricature, and has nothing to do with what many of us think and feel.

I wonder how many self-proclaimed atheists start praying if they have a gravely ill child or their own life is at imminent risk. Again, we're all just human, flawed, none of us are really as sure of ourselves as we might think.

I could go on, but you get the gist. Your stereotypical militant atheist view of what it means to be a Christian is a caricature, and has nothing to do with what many of us think and feel.

It's like a month or so ago when I got into an argument, sort of, on FB with a Libtard friend of my Libtard cousin. Another militant atheist, he was arguing with me although I was not arguing with him, I did manage to drive him out of his gourd by taking the approach of asking why he cared about what I thought about the existence of a Supreme Being that he didn't believe in anyway, and further why he cared about my opinion when I didn't give a **** about his opinion. I didn't even know the guy and I lived rent-free in his head for days.

LOL, I guess I should have read through the thread before I responded to the OP. All that typing for nothing.

It's like a month or so ago when I got into an argument, sort of, on FB with a Libtard friend of my Libtard cousin. Another militant atheist, he was arguing with me although I was not arguing with him, I did manage to drive him out of his gourd by taking the approach of asking why he cared about what I thought about the existence of a Supreme Being that he didn't believe in anyway, and further why he cared about my opinion when I didn't give a **** about his opinion. I didn't even know the guy and I lived rent-free in his head for days.

Every atheist I know is absolutely freaking obsessed with trashing religious people. I don't care if people are atheists, as long as they aren't working hard to banish religion from this country which was founded on religious freedom, I don't give a rat's *** what they personally believe.

Every atheist I know is absolutely freaking obsessed with trashing religious people. I don't care if people are atheists, as long as they aren't working hard to banish religion from this country which was founded on religious freedom, I don't give a rat's *** what they personally believe.

This conversation went something like this:
Burgundy: Why do you hate on people who believe in something you don't think exists?"
Libtard: "You're all haters and racists, keeping people from doing what they want, blah-blah-blah...."
B: "What religious people are keeping you from doing anything?"
L: "My grandfather was a preacher and my parents and grandparents forced me to go to church every week until I was old enough to move out." (I get how that might build some resentment.)
B: "So you don't go to church now?"
L: "No.''
B: "Well alrighty then."
L: "GAAAAAAAHHHHHHHhhhhhhh!!!!!"

Yep im guessing more peopke have the need to force their opinions on others in the guise of saving them from their own " incorrect opinions" it bothers some people for some reason to the umpteenth degree. I know a lot of christians. I know very few who fit this stereotype of an excusionary vloseminded bigot that they are all portraid as these days. I know tons of atheists too.. And agnostics... Many of which are great people too... But the most vile people i know fall into the latter group not the former, and they love to force their beliefs on everyone...some violently if need be.

Because he is IDIOTeque. And he's banned, again

So did you get smashed with the permanent ban hammer for re-upping a new screen name while previously banned?