• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Do Unions Lower Dependance on Government?

The whole idea that there should be no low-wage jobs in the world is ludicrous. Entry-level jobs are called that for a reason. They are meant for people who have no skills or experience. If businesses had to pay all entry level workers a living wage, jobs would be slashed. Entry level workers would be out of work and have no chance to gain the skills and experience they need.

I started at ****** wages and worked myself up through the retail ranks into a decent paying management job. I hired people who had never worked a day in their life and weren't paid much, and over time they were trained as drivers, salespeople, customer service people, designers and assistant managers. We couldn't afford to pay a guy to sweep the floors and unpack boxes the same amount we paid to those in more skilled positions. But if they showed up every day and worked hard they could be trained, earn those positions and earn the higher wages. That used to be the way it worked. Now everybody expects to be paid a solid living wage for doing something a monkey could do.

75% of Walmart management started as hourly associates. How many of those people would have a chance at a management job elsewhere?

21 will take them off of your hands AND give your employees raises and better insurance than your cheap *** provides.

Problem. Solved. You are welcome.
That's why I threw that offer out there. Company's annual meeting next week down your way and I will see if I can get some interest from other franchise owners. None of them are ******* morons either though.
Invites to the Tampa SN crew for my Florida birthday party at the Flying Dog Café in Bradenton will be going out soon.