• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Does anybody like BACON—————?

Meanwhile, at DIC’s place……..

AND, just think I made that clip about 15 years ago————————-

BACON, it’s the MAN’s meal !!!!

Salute the nation

Lets talk Peppered bacon.

How much better is it than regular bacon?
did anyone get peppered bacon for Christmas besides me?
random question? does anyone add pepper to peppered Bacon?

hellA yes on the adding pepper !!!!

Salute the nation

I like CRACK, all times of the day.

I like CRACK when I was administrating the RED HOT POKER to cheatriots & company.

I like CRACK when the STEELERS are winning, even if by 1 point.

I like CRACK when they “jacked” the Raiders for Little chest.

I like CRACK when the O’Canada got fired mid season.

I like CRACK when slash lets me run the prediction thread.

I like CRACK when Jalen Warren blocks for TDs.

I like CRACK for a lot of reasons, anyone else like CRACK ?????

Salute the nation
Agree

Lets talk Peppered bacon.

How much better is it than regular bacon?
did anyone get peppered bacon for Christmas besides me?
random question? does anyone add pepper to peppered Bacon?
The only thing bacon needs is to be cooked.

Yeah, but can we get bacon flavored gummies?

Soak them in BACON Juice, make sure it’s cooled to just before solidification.

SPECIAL HELPFUL HINT: Put gummies in freezer for 4 hrs before soaking.

Salute the nation

Anyone familiar with cooking the old fashioned Smithfield Virginia baked hams? The kind that are salted and not refrigerated... If so, what is the trick? I know you have to soak them in a tub of water for a couple days (and frequently change the water) but even after following the directions, ours was inedible because it was so salty. Haven't tried it since and those in my family who might have cooked one are long buried. Thanks.

I've seen it fried in about a half inch of water in a skillet.
I've never been able to get the saltiness out myself..

I like all pig products... grilled extra thick pork chops last night that were nearly as good as steak!
Bacon, loin, chops, ham... it's ALL GOOD!

I like all pig products... grilled extra thick pork chops last night that were nearly as good as steak!
Bacon, loin, chops, ham... it's ALL GOOD!

You ever had Head Cheese ?

It’s a lost art on how to make, but pretty good.

Salute the nation

You ever had Head Cheese ?

It’s a lost art on how to make, but pretty good.

Salute the nation
Went into a wine shop/deli in Bologna. Three of us, sat at a table and opened a bottle and asked for a plate of charcuterie.
One of those amazing experiences that you don't expect. The head cheese was the best I ever and will ever have. Salami, prosciutto were killer. Their balsamic from Modena (right down the road) was friggin unbelievable. I love Italy because of the food, those folks can just flat out prepare things like nobody's business. Had a porchetta sandwich on a hard roll in Greve in Chianti from a food truck in town square. All most brought tears to my eyes. I love pork lol.

As far as porchetta, made one the other day. It's cut from near the pork belly so it has a large fat cap on pork roast. I get it from Sake River Farms. It's a korabuta pig.

They cut it flat, season the heck out of it, roll it into a boneless roast, score the outside and tie it with twine. 8 pounds. Place it on rack in pan, 500 degrees for 30 minutes, lower temp to 325 and cook 2.5 to 3 hours until thermometer reads 150 to 155 depending on how done you want it. Take it out and tent it, let sit fo 25 minutes.
2.5 hours as 325 will probably be perfect but not all ovens work the same.

Fatty on top but crisp, almost like bacon lol, rest of pork amazing. Can use a gravy and or vinegar based dipping on side.

Add some additional seasoning that I get from Cliff winery. Cliff Porchetta seasoning that I rub on exterior. Cliff, same people that make cliff bars lol.