• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

don't start none, won't be none

That’s absolutely true unless you’ve actually been shot by a .22, then it’s complete bullshit.

really? i, coincidentally, have a neighbor who's a US Marshall. he and I were speaking about guns last night and he told me something interesting. Back when he was a cop in Miami, during the riots, he saw people get shot with 9mms and keep going (unless it was a head shot, or hit a vital organ). the people being shot were on an adrenaline rush and didn't even know they were shot.

fyi, manbun, 9mm > 22 in size

with that said, if you have an AR-15 in .22 cal and shoot someone with it, they'll likely feel it, but not so much if they're strung out on something or on an adrenaline rush (unless you hit a vital organ or make a headshot - which may be unlikely for someone who has a weapon but does not practice regularly).

So, there were 3 guys in the trailer, and 5 guys showed up to assault them.

5 is always a greater number than 3. even in Bomma's Common Core Math.

One guy was shot in the head. 30 rounds were fired from the AR. We can conclude, probably successfully, that the guy pulling the trigger on the AR did not shoot it regularly since he likely missed the other 29 times he fired, unless details come out that others were hit.

Yet, he was successful in making those 5 guys leave the premises.

home invasion successfully thwarted and your argument, again, pounded into bullshit non-educated rhetoric.

really? i, coincidentally, have a neighbor who's a US Marshall. he and I were speaking about guns last night and he told me something interesting. Back when he was a cop in Miami, during the riots, he saw people get shot with 9mms and keep going (unless it was a head shot, or hit a vital organ). the people being shot were on an adrenaline rush and didn't even know they were shot.

fyi, manbun, 9mm > 22 in size.

That's why my 9mm is normally loaded for carry with hollow points. Designed to leave a much bigger hole on the way out than they do going in.

That’s absolutely true unless you’ve actually been shot by a .22, then it’s complete bullshit.

Sorry this further proves your idiocy.

I went to high school with two brothers, older brother Ritchie, younger brother Ty. One day after school, parents gone, Ritchie found dad's little .22 pistol. They began playing with it. He was pretending to be a cowboy, twirling it on his finger. Thought it wasn't loaded. As he was attempting to spin it, the gun fired, striking his brother Ty directly in the dimple in his chin. They took him to the hospital and he was home within days.

Had another kid in HS (Michael), often bullied, who took a .22 pistol, aimed it at his temple and died by suicide.

One lived with little more than a scar to his chin, the other died.

Just about any other caliber pistol - taking a shot to the chin - woulda killed my friend Ty.

I suggest you go to a gun store and actually ask to hold a .22 caliber bullet. Report back to me on how big it is.

Thanks.

Oh, wait...since you won't, have a look:

maxresdefault.jpg

That bullet (the lead) is maybe 3/4 the length of his thumbnail and 1/3 the width.

It's a TINY caliber.

Or you can compare one to an old standby, the popular 30-30 hunting rifle bullet (again not a HUGE caliber by game hunting standards even)

BulletSizeComparison.jpg

I don't want to be shot by anything.

It is said that a 25 caliber can be used to make sure someone dies if you can shoot them from right upside their head. I assume .22, as well. Not powerful enough to exit and mushes the brain up while richocheting off of the skull.

While Sarge's picture is, indeed, .223 caliber, the load in the cartridge, i would imagine, is significantly different, along with the effective range.

While Sarge's picture is, indeed, .223 caliber, the load in the cartridge, i would imagine, is significantly different, along with the effective range.

Much different indeed.

22_penny_223-tm-tfb.jpg

I suggest you go to a gun store and actually ask to hold a .22 caliber bullet. Report back to me on how big it is.

It's a TINY caliber.

Or you can compare one to an old standby, the popular 30-30 hunting rifle bullet (again not a HUGE caliber by game hunting standards even)

I’ve handled LR .22 bullets, I also shot a semi-automatic 30-30. Regardless, whatever your point is, it’s ******* retarded. Getting hit with a small piece of lead traveling 1,500+ FPS would ******* suck.

I’ve handled LR .22 bullets, I also shot a semi-automatic 30-30. Regardless, whatever your point is, it’s ******* retarded. Getting hit with a small piece of lead traveling 1,500+ FPS would ******* suck.

What brand and model of 30-30 semi-auto did you shoot?

bdf45a35aebfb84aadec1b971751f15e.jpg

Just a basic size comparison of some handgun rounds... 1) 3-inch 12-gauge magnum shotgun shell (for comparison), 2) “AA” battery (for comparison), 3) .454 Casull, 4) .45 Winchester Magnum, 5).44 Remington Magnum, 6) .357 Magnum, 7) .38 Special, 8) .45 ACP, 9) .38 Super, 10) 9 mm Luger, 11) .32 ACP, 12) .22 LR

Hell, there are pellet guns that can do more damage than a .22.

LR .22 bullets are still bigger than a .22 in size. Still the same caliber.

Did you just say you shot a semi-auto 30-30? Now, I'm no gun guru, but I know a fair amount about weapons. Mostly hunting types, like the 30-30. The only one I can find documented ever made was the Standard Arms, Model G. It was gas powered.

Produced in 1910. Can't even find any for sale.

Me thinks yer a Liberal talking outta yer *** (common Liberal trait) unless you're one of the rarest mother ******* on this planet that has shot this rare weapon. Or, most likely, you don't understand semi auto and think the lever makes it so.

And let me remind you - you said: "That’s absolutely true unless you’ve actually been shot by a .22, then it’s complete bullshit." You attempted to refute the need for an AR with 30 rounds shooting .22 cal. As was adeptly pointed out, you may need to spray a lot with a small caliber. You attempted to destroy his argument (you failed again) by saying a .22 is "enough" inferring as such in your comment above.

Me thinks you need to stop talking about weapons. Though I am finding comic relief in it.

Like shooting BATTER.

Now that ****'s funny I don't care who you are.

"This is my rifle, this is my gun, this is for shooting, this is for fun."

What brand and model of 30-30 semi-auto did you shoot?

Couldn’t tell you, it was about 37 years ago. I’m sure I didn’t care, it was the most fun I had ever had in my life.

Couldn’t tell you, it was about 37 years ago. I’m sure I didn’t care, it was the most fun I had ever had in my life.

I bet your SEMI-AUTO 30-30 was manufactured by the same company that made these weapons. The Jetsons loved shooting theirs too.

9de8a9e65f311a0ed75681da3dfb9b9d.png

b4dbd24fe2f03a09ff7634f166b4f926

The reason I ask is because I've been around guns my entire life and I've never seen nor heard of a semi-auto 30-30. I've seen lever action and bolt action models but never a semi.

The reason I ask is because I've been around guns my entire life and I've never seen nor heard of a semi-auto 30-30. I've seen lever action and bolt action models but never a semi.

Oh, bunk, Vader. This site shows numerous, highly affordable 30-30 semi-autos

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/category/firearms/rifles/lever-action/30-30-winchester.do

... that for some reason I can't figure out have a lever right behind the trigger. Hmmm. But I mean, this is a semi-auto, right?

iipsrv.fcgi

This one, too, right? RIGHT??

iipsrv.fcgi

And this one???

iipsrv.fcgi

All semi-autos, right?

Oh, bunk, Vader. This site shows numerous, highly affordable 30-30 semi-autos

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/category/firearms/rifles/lever-action/30-30-winchester.do

... that for some reason I can't figure out have a lever right behind the trigger. Hmmm. But I mean, this is a semi-auto, right?

iipsrv.fcgi

This one, too, right? RIGHT??

iipsrv.fcgi

And this one???

iipsrv.fcgi

All semi-autos, right?

sure, each of those is more lethal than an AR 15, but the AR 15 looks scary so that makes it an assault weapon. Appearance is the most important factor in gun safety.

sure, each of those is more lethal than an AR 15, but the AR 15 looks scary so that makes it an assault weapon. Appearance is the most important factor in gun safety.

Only for right now.

Next week it will be hunting rifles that they will call "High Powered Sniper Weapons".

Then it will be shotguns that they will call "street sweepers".

Incremental steps to total prohibition. So we have to fight this now to stop it escalating to a civil war later.