• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

DPOY, let's just discuss something different

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
We all know the media (and NFL) was pushing hard for Garrett this year. And Watt just continues to be Watt and get held, and still put up good stats. Then you have Parsons, who has fallen off a bit, Hunter is making a solid case, as is Mack (even tho nearly half his sacks came in one game)...

What I want to know is this... Have you ever seen a DPOY candidate have ZERO stats like Garrett just did against the Rams? That has to Take him completely out of the running right?

We all know the media (and NFL) was pushing hard for Garrett this year. And Watt just continues to be Watt and get held, and still put up good stats. Then you have Parsons, who has fallen off a bit, Hunter is making a solid case, as is Mack (even tho nearly half his sacks came in one game)...

What I want to know is this... Have you ever seen a DPOY candidate have ZERO stats like Garrett just did against the Rams? That has to Take him completely out of the running right?
**** that Rudolph whacker

When trying to promote an agenda, facts and/or stats mean nothing. The teams decid early in the year who and what teams will be this years hotness.

Probably is playing hurt now. Zero stats will not help his case for DPOY though. Hurt or not hurt.

When trying to promote an agenda, facts and/or stats mean nothing. The teams decid early in the year who and what teams will be this years hotness.

Is there a Hot-Mess vote as well ???

Salute the nation

how did Watt only get credited with 1/2 a sack Sunday, I saw two where it looked like he clearly got the sack

Watt is clearly DPOY, but I'm biased I'll admit. The guy never lacks effort, nor does he whine, cry or pout and has some impressive stats. I'm not the media though so there's that.... Shiit on TJ and praise Tomlin is how things work.

how did Watt only get credited with 1/2 a sack Sunday, I saw two where it looked like he clearly got the sack
Lasr week he didn’t get credit for a 1/2, this week he doesn’t get credit for 1-1/2. Things like these just reinforces that the outcomes are being manipulated.

Lasr week he didn’t get credit for a 1/2, this week he doesn’t get credit for 1-1/2. Things like these just reinforces that the outcomes are being manipulated.
I thought the Steelers recorded their stats then sent them to the NFL? I remember the Ravens crediting Ray Lewis with tackles for just piling on the pile.

I thought the Steelers recorded their stats then sent them to the NFL? I remember the Ravens crediting Ray Lewis with tackles for just piling on the pile.
The one last game, all I can figure is that someone determined that sack didn’t count because they called it a run and tackle for loss.

The one last game, all I can figure is that someone determined that sack didn’t count because they called it a run and tackle for loss.
Maybe, The QB dropped back looking to throw, saw him coming and just hit the ground and Watt touched him down

QB was definitely turning upfield to run at the time TJ laid hands on him...But, what if he stopped & tried to throw & then TJ wrapped him up? That would be ruled a SACK. To me, a QB tacked behind LOS should simply be a sack

Which it clearly was. Does not mean it wasn’t a good play....a tackle for a loss. But it was not a sack.
The other one I felt was also a 1/2 sack. Was there not clearly two people there? I actually thought they were going to give the sack to the other player. I can’t get a video of both. Maybe someone who is better at that type of thing can.

General Statement

T.J. Watt is a great player. All the great players that rush the QB get held. Not just TJ.
I’m sure that idiot from Cleveland gets held,I’m sure that Lawrence Taylor got held,I’m sure that Reggie White got held.Etc,Etc. A great player is the one that gets through it anyway. You think all those players above weren’t double,triple teamed?

As I said above TJ is a great player. Has he been as dominant as the past? Personally,I don’t think so. There have been games or times this season where he too,has disappeared. I’m sure that opinion will be popular.

There are others who are having a great season. Personally,I think Fred Warner of the 49’s is having a special season. But he will never get the award. It’s all about sacks and stats.

They did the same thing the year he tied the sack record. The ravens game, QB fumbled the ball, picked it up, Watt tackled him, ruled it a tackle for loss.

Last week he clearly shared a sack with heyward, this week he was the first to touch Murray when he gave himself up with no where to go. Watt should have at least 2 more sacks on the season, not counting anytime he was held and would have got there

Id love to know what Miles Garrett did to be annointed Preseason DPOY every year since like his third season…

PFF said they are going to rank his 2023 season as like tge best ever regardless of production… because apparently technique matters more tgan results…

So by that logic a qb that throws the most form perfect passes should be MVP even if most of them are incomplete

Parsons a pretty amazing player. And his skill set is different. Garrett is apple's to apple's and I'd really have to watch film. Like they weren't chipping Watt for about a four week stretch they were layering the tackle with help so he was literally having to beat two committed players. Is Garrett facing that? I really don't know.

Watt is clearly DPOY, but I'm biased I'll admit. The guy never lacks effort, nor does he whine, cry or pout and has some impressive stats. I'm not the media though so there's that.... Shiit on TJ and praise Tomlin is how things work.

Did you see TJ’s post game interview————— he complained about the NFL and officiating.

Just saying.!!!

Salute the nation

QB was definitely turning upfield to run at the time TJ laid hands on him...But, what if he stopped & tried to throw & then TJ wrapped him up? That would be ruled a SACK. To me, a QB tacked behind LOS should simply be a sack
Depends who you are. I remember a QB just dropping to the ground and a defender simply touched him and it gave that defender the nfl record for sacks in a season.

Which it clearly was. Does not mean it wasn’t a good play....a tackle for a loss. But it was not a sack.
The other one I felt was also a 1/2 sack. Was there not clearly two people there? I actually thought they were going to give the sack to the other player. I can’t get a video of both. Maybe someone who is better at that type of thing can.

General Statement

T.J. Watt is a great player. All the great players that rush the QB get held. Not just TJ.
I’m sure that idiot from Cleveland gets held,I’m sure that Lawrence Taylor got held,I’m sure that Reggie White got held.Etc,Etc. A great player is the one that gets through it anyway. You think all those players above weren’t double,triple teamed?

As I said above TJ is a great player. Has he been as dominant as the past? Personally,I don’t think so. There have been games or times this season where he too,has disappeared. I’m sure that opinion will be popular.

There are others who are having a great season. Personally,I think Fred Warner of the 49’s is having a special season. But he will never get the award. It’s all about sacks and stats.
The one where they split it with Highsmith Watt is there first and touches him as he goes down. The other one is a run pass option. He can either hand it off or keep it himself and either ....run or pass. Maybe he started to run because he SAW Watt about to tackle him. If Straham got credit for his record recording sack vs Favre than Watt should get a sack there.

I chalked 2 watching the game. No ******* idea how he ends up with 1/2. NFL I guess?

Maybe, The QB dropped back looking to throw, saw him coming and just hit the ground and Watt touched him down
Just like the final sack that gave Strahan the record years ago.

This is no ****,…….

RayRay didn’t suit up and was injured. The official game stat showed 8 tackles. I wish I could remember the game / date. I couldn’t believe it when I saw that.

Most told me I was full of ****, until I insisted they look it and and then said I was right. IT sucks for TJ to have the wrath of the “Rog” on his asZ for just being a STEELERS player.

Salute the nation

The NFL likes to manufacture the superstars these days. Lame, but real. It used to be that a man played a man's sport, and the cream rose to the top.

No mas. Favoritism, sketchy stats, strange calls/non-calls, narratives, etc., have the public anointing the chosen few.

That's also how one becomes the greatest coach of all time.