• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dr. Ben Carson Finds Half TRILLION Dollars in Errors While Auditing Obama’s HUD

I believe Steeltime is pointing out that HUD had a $50 billion rental voucher budget not a $50 B budget.

I believe Steeltime is pointing out that HUD had a $50 billion rental voucher budget not a $50 B budget.

JFC!

The entire Federal budget is like $3.8 Trillion. So about one seventh is a only fraction of the HUD budget alone?And the total HUD budget is? And of course, this $500 billion in budgetary errrors is the first place anyone has ever heard of it. Classic example of the Alt right not bothering to think something through. Outrage for the sake of outrage. Idiocracy.

^This. You do realize how federal budgets work, right Trog? That budget is for a fiscal year. Over almost a decade (taking into account inflation, budget deficits that affect the amount of interest etc.), it's not hard to accumulate the numbers they're mentioning. Although I admit the article is vague in what it's determining the errors are in their "notes". It's pretty specific about the 3.4 billion discrepancy in their financial statements though.

That budget is for a fiscal year. Over almost a decade (taking into account inflation, budget deficits that affect the amount of interest etc.), it's not hard to accumulate the numbers they're mentioning.

Kinda like projecting that every illegal immigrant voted twice for Hillary gets you to 5 million fraudulent votes...

http://www.snopes.com/carson-hud-accounting-errors/

This is classic Fake News. This audit was started back when Obama was still President. The 500 billion figure isn't
lost money, it's the aggregate of accounting errors. Seems like an odd statistic, but they added things that were
negative errors to errors that were positive. For all we know, the negative and positive resulted in breakeven.

HUD doesn't have a big enough budget to lose 500 billion dollars.

http://www.snopes.com/carson-hud-accounting-errors/

This is classic Fake News. This audit was started back when Obama was still President. The 500 billion figure isn't
lost money, it's the aggregate of accounting errors. Seems like an odd statistic, but they added things that were
negative errors to errors that were positive. For all we know, the negative and positive resulted in breakeven.

HUD doesn't have a big enough budget to lose 500 billion dollars.

Not fake news according to link in the OP.
The link in the OP does not indicate that $520 billion in actual dollars was not accounted for or lost, wasted, whatever... the link merely states that accounting errors occurred adding up to $520 billion.

As in the example used in the Snopes link: An accountant entered a $1000 payment 6 times. That doesn't mean $6K was lost.

What this does prove is the ineptness of government. Imagine private sector businesses operating with such ineptitude.

Bottom line:

WHAT'S TRUE
Accounting errors found by HUD's Office of the Inspector General in 2015 and 2016 financial statements totaled more than $500 billion.

WHAT'S FALSE
The audit was initiated before Ben Carson assumed his position at HUD, and it reckons an aggregate figure of accounting errors and not an actual recovery of $500 billion in funds.

^FACT

But even a biased bullshit tool of the left squirrel finds an acorn once in a while!...plus if you look at all the reporting on this story, they clearly say "accounting errors", not that $520 Billion was actually wasted.
I mean $520 billion is the budget of the entire U.S. military!

How much was actually wasted because of accounting errors I don't have a clue.

Last edited:
I consider it Fake News when you use a misleading headline to disguise what the real story is.

The real story is an audit was started while Obama was President and accounting errors were found,
not necessarily loss of funds. An accounting error can be as simple as misclassifying an amount.