• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Draft Grades for All Teams IMO

As much as I hate to admit it, I like Cincy's draft. I disarge on Dallas. Anyone can run the bal there with their OL. They should have taken Ramsey, and in round two taken a healty player. The clock is ticking on Romo...

How many 36year old QBs with chronic shoulder problems make a comeback in this league. Trust me, the Romo franchise years are over, and he's on borrowed time.

I think our draft was a B- too, but its risky. Burns is not ready to play. I'm not on board with Davis and think he's a SS type with coverage issues depsite his work out numbers.

Ayers to me was a wasted pick 5'9" tall and ran a 4.71 at the combine as a WR/KR?

If Burns pans out, the draft will have served its purpose as lord knows the Steelers do not spend a lot of money on free agent corners from other teams. If he does not we will have to wiat 2-3 seasons before picking a corner high in the draft.

a 7th round wasted pick? really?
They got the draft's #1 returner in their list with a late 7th and you find it as "a wasted pick"? What did you want? a starting OLB? better yet, Big Ben's replacement?
And I bet you Ayers will earn his roster spot and contribute. Antonio Brown is one inch taller. So you are telling me that inch means that Ayers is roadkill while AB is a ******* All Pro? You are regarding too much on his size, but the kid is strong build, he's not a skinny short guy that can't handle contact.
Oh you are making reference again to his 4,71 speed, especially you, a person that says that reviews tape, go watch some damn tape and tell us he is slow. The kid had a bad combine, and as some others already told you the kid was hurt.

I don't know why I waste my time when tomorrow you'll post again how slow and small he is...

AB:
5'10" HEIGHT
31" ARM LENGTH
186LBS.WEIGHT
9"HANDS

DeMarcus Ayers
5'9" HEIGHT
31 1/4" ARM LENGTH
182LBS WEIGHT
9 1/4" HANDS

from NFL.com

The Ayers picks doesn't bother me. If you are chasing a punt returner using a 7th round pick to get the guy you want rather than compete for him as a UFA, go ahead and pull the trigger.

I was critical of New England's draft but look how much they used punt return ability to push up Cyrus Jones on their draft board. He is not even close to a 2nd round cornerback yet, but I'm sure Belichick is consider him as a punt returner now and potential nickle DB down the line.

At least the Steelers didn't follow up the failed Dri Archer pick (the so-called "solver of all our return problems") by using even a HIGHER draft choice chasing return ability. This is how you do it.

They pick Antonio Brown using almost the identical criteria. He was supposed to only be a punt returner for a while too (Sanders was the 3rd round heir apparent to Santonio Holmes/Hines Ward targets), but he just came in and exploded as a professional.

I'm not saying Ayers is Brown, but the LOGIC of the selection is similar. And really, that's what I want to see from this organization. Have a draft philosophy that is proven effective and stick to it.

Ayers to me was a wasted pick 5'9" tall and ran a 4.71 at the combine as a WR/KR?

There is a reason he was available as a 7th round pick. I find it hilarious that some of us - me included - talk about a draft pick who performed well in college, displayed good hands, was not afraid to go over the middle, and played well on special teams, but has some physical limitation (height for Ayers) and runs a slow 40 time.

Do we think he would have been available in the 7th round if he were 5'11" and ran a 4.51, and had the same positive attributes?