• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Draining the Swamp

hahahahahaha

WINNING!

Coal Power!

Scott Pruitt EPA replacement Andrew Wheeler won't be any better for environment, green groups say

The EPA will now be led by an interim chief, Andrew Wheeler, who was a coal industry lobbyist before he was confirmed as Pruitt's deputy in April.

Wheeler once served as chief of staff to Oklahoma Sen. James Inhofe, perhaps the most vocal denier of climate change in Congress. The senator told NBC News recently that he talks to Wheeler almost daily.

After leaving his duties in the Senate, Wheeler worked for a law firm that lobbied for the coal industry. His biggest client was Murray Energy Corp., the largest coal mining company in America, according to the Natural Resources Defense Council. Murray’s CEO, Robert E. Murray, "vigorously fought the Obama administration’s attempts to reduce carbon emissions and strengthen environmental and public health laws," according to an analysis by the environmental group.

The group's report said that Wheeler also served as a vice president of a 300-strong federation of coal interests in the capital called the Washington Coal Club and "made time to lobby the U.S. Department of the Interior to open portions of the Bears Ears National Monument to uranium mining."

In his tweet announcing the resignation, Trump thanked Pruitt was his "outstanding job." The president signaled no change of direction with the elevation of Wheeler, saying: "I have no doubt that Andy will continue on with our great and lasting EPA agenda. We have made tremendous progress and the future of the EPA is very bright!"

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/env...placement-andrew-wheeler-won-t-be-any-n889186

No one likes environmental regulation till its your water that is undrinkable or its your community that has 10 times the kids with Cancer. Stupid regulations.

Right.

Scary fact: You do not own the land underneath your house. If someone does something with it that makes your house uninhabitable, tough ******* ****. I saw a documentary where a guy built a million dollar home that he had to abandon. He admitted that he used to roll his eyes at the EPA and environmentalists.

Are you assuming that I am against all regulation, or are you still responding to my post where I am suggesting that creating a new regulatory agency to regulate an existing regulatory agency is silly?
I have no idea what level of regulation you are for or against. Is there over regulations sure. But putting oil and coal guys in charge of the environment is literally no different than putting a drug lord in charge of the DEA. He isnt there to trim a few stupid things. He is there to slash and burn the **** out of as many regulations as he possibly can.

Nixon started the EPA. Many forget about Acid rain, smog and polluted rivers. Fishermen use to be heavily warned about eating fish from various lakes and rivers.
Many of those problems got solved, though many issues still exist. Outdoorsman should be particularly concerned that our environments are a priority.

I have no idea what level of regulation you are for or against. Is there over regulations sure. But putting oil and coal guys in charge of the environment is literally no different than putting a drug lord in charge of the DEA. He isnt there to trim a few stupid things. He is there to slash and burn the **** out of as many regulations as he possibly can.
Way over-regulated, and needed a guy like that to reset it. You just can't credibly argue against complaints about regulation by asking if they want their children to get cancer or die in plane crash. And yes, there is a big difference between putting a businessman in charge versus a drug dealer. That's just another example of a stupid argument that reduces your credibility.

Last edited:
Nixon started the EPA. Many forget about Acid rain, smog and polluted rivers. Fishermen use to be heavily warned about eating fish from various lakes and rivers.
Many of those problems got solved, though many issues still exist. Outdoorsman should be particularly concerned that our environments are a priority.
So are you offering up Nixon as a great president, or saying that we should be for a big bloated politically motivated EPA because a republican president started it?

Way over-regulated, and needed a guy like that to reset it. You just can't credibly argue against complaints about regulation by asking if they want their children to get cancer or die in plane crash. And yes, there is a big difference between putting a businessman in charge versus a drug dealer. That's just another example of a stupid argument that reduces your credibility.
Really so you see no conflict of interest in putting people who by the very nature of their industry harm the environment in charge of the environment. But really what is the point here. By any reasonable persons assesment the man was badly corrupt. There are corrupt politicians of every stripe. No question. If Trump said we campaigned on draining the swamp, I will be ruthless of anyone who works for the government and is corrupt. But he didnt say that. He thanked him. Didnt he.

Guess you are not really aware of how the DEA operates around the world.

And yet know the intent, and effect, of some guy who just started his job.

Maybe you should type less.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Steeler Nation mobile app

Last edited:
Sorry, I must have misunderstood your pinned post then.

Doing a bang up job with that. I guess it's the thought that counts.

That was in no way a threat Tibs you booger eating moron. **** Off And Die is the same as saying go **** yourself. Stop with the hand wringing and playing at being a victim.

I think Trump in charge of the environment is a bad idea. I do agree that there is some over-regulation, but do we really want the USA looking like China and what not? I am sure many people on here enjoy the outdoors and if we keep destroying land, building here, building there, pretty soon there will be nothing left. There is going to be a point where we destroy so much that nature can not regulate it. I understand that other countries do not follow what we do, but that does not mean we should just destroy our regulations to compete. I do believe we have the technology for better cleaner energy and what not, but everyone is in bed w/ the gas / oil companies so that will not happen.

Really so you see no conflict of interest in putting people who by the very nature of their industry harm the environment in charge of the environment.

On the other hand we've had people heading and influencing the EPA that have no clue about business or the economy. Hopefully this will lead to rational discussion and regulations that protect everyone.

The pendulum swings for a reason.

Guess you are not really aware of how the DEA operates around the world.

And yet know the intent, and effect, of some guy who just started his job.

Maybe you should type less.

Well for just starting his job he was quite accomplished at pilfering for his own self interests wasnt he. I mean usually it takes 4 or 5 years to get that good.

I think Trump in charge of the environment is a bad idea. I do agree that there is some over-regulation, but do we really want the USA looking like China and what not? I am sure many people on here enjoy the outdoors and if we keep destroying land, building here, building there, pretty soon there will be nothing left. There is going to be a point where we destroy so much that nature can not regulate it. I understand that other countries do not follow what we do, but that does not mean we should just destroy our regulations to compete. I do believe we have the technology for better cleaner energy and what not, but everyone is in bed w/ the gas / oil companies so that will not happen.
So Nixon starting the EPA was a good idea, and Trump culling 45 years of bureaucracy and legislative effect thru regulatory oversight is a bad idea? Before the recent and future changes have any traction, you know that the concept is a bad idea because Trump is not a nice guy?

If you think the EPA affected the people who enjoy the outdoors, great. You are probably correct. But all the good easy stuff was early, right? What benefits, over clear costs, have the past 20 years brought?

Really so you see no conflict of interest in putting people who by the very nature of their industry harm the environment in charge of the environment. But really what is the point here. By any reasonable persons assesment the man was badly corrupt. There are corrupt politicians of every stripe. No question. If Trump said we campaigned on draining the swamp, I will be ruthless of anyone who works for the government and is corrupt. But he didnt say that. He thanked him. Didnt he.
You don't really have the capability to argue a point linearly. You equated a drug lord with a legitimate energy executive. Get back to that and explain it.

On the other hand we've had people heading and influencing the EPA that have no clue about business or the economy. Hopefully this will lead to rational discussion and regulations that protect everyone.

The pendulum swings for a reason.

There is a cost/benefit analysis for everything you do. Problem is the EPA is staffed with activists who don't give a rip about the costs.

You don't really have the capability to argue a point linearly. You equated a drug lord with a legitimate energy executive. Get back to that and explain it.
Let me e-x-p-l-a-i-n the analogy very slowly for you Charles. The drug lord doesnt give a **** about slowing the flow of drugs except maybe for his competetors. The energy guys really dont give a **** about the environment. They just want to cut all red tape that slows down the industry. Do you get it now Charles. Holy ****.
How about putting an environmental activist in charge of the economy. Does that work better for you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me e-x-p-l-a-i-n the analogy very slowly for you Charles. The drug lord doesnt give a **** about slowing the flow of drugs except maybe for his competetors. The energy guys really dont give a **** about the environment. They just want to cut all red tape that slows down the industry. Do you get it now Charles. Holy ****.
How about putting an environmental activist in charge of the economy. Does that work better for you?
Liberals will try to condescend even when they don't understand what they are saying. LOL. That wasn't an analogy. You said putting "oil and coal guys" in charge of the environment is literally the same as putting a drug lord in charge of the DEA. It's a juvenile equivalence that does not warrant a counterargument. And of course you needed to add that "energy guys" don't give a **** about the environment, which is also a childish thing to say.

So we should use the normal Liberal method of putting people in charge of regulating industries who know nothing about said industries? Because that's what we've been doing for 40 years.

No I think its much better to put the greedy fox in the hen house because what is really important is that the energy sector companies make more money and who gives a **** what happens to the environment. Easily extracted oil is diminished significantly. I go through Fort Mac in Northern Alberta semi regularly. There is nothing environmentally good about oil extraction.
The problem with you guys is that you are zealots. If you defended some of the important things that are happening Id get that. You are defending hiring a corrupt oil and gas guy to protect the environment. You would defend anything short of Trump trying to finger blast your wife or daughter and for some that wouldnt be enough. Which makes you look incredibly stupid. Peace out.

No I think its much better to put the greedy fox in the hen house because what is really important is that the energy sector companies make more money and who gives a **** what happens to the environment. Easily extracted oil is diminished significantly. I go through Fort Mac in Northern Alberta semi regularly. There is nothing environmentally good about oil extraction.
The problem with you guys is that you are zealots. If you defended some of the important things that are happening Id get that. You are defending hiring a corrupt oil and gas guy to protect the environment. You would defend anything short of Trump trying to finger blast your wife or daughter and for some that wouldnt be enough. Which makes you look incredibly stupid. Peace out.
There is nothing environmentally good about roads, swimming pools, or solar panel fields for that matter.

There is nothing environmentally good about roads, swimming pools, or solar panel fields for that matter.

Solar panels and windmills kill birds.

Funny, I don't recall you complaining about Bomma appointing a vice president of Monsanto as Deputy Commissioner of the FDA.

http://www.investmentwatchblog.com/...e-gmo-foods-giant-the-position-affords-taylo/

Last edited:
Funny, I don't recall you complaining about Bomma appointing a vice president of Monsanto as Deputy Commissioner of the FDA.

Talk about an alpha fox in the hen house. I forgot about that.

Solar panels and windmills kill birds.

giphy.gif