• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Eagles making changes

They won a SB not long ago and we’re in last years SB.
They are much,much closer to going back to the SB next year than we are. We’re not even in the same stratosphere of SB contenders.
Ask your average passionate Eagles fan if he agrees with your sentiments. I'm surrounded by them. You shoulda heard them on Sunday after church. I'm just laughing here at your statement there...not at you but the fact that you can look at their situation without passion and make a logical conclusion...because you lack passion about them.

Maybe that is why some silly statements like "The Eagles don't mess around" are made in relation to the Steelers by Steeler fans. We are too passionate and forget logic. I am NOT saying the Steelers way is right, but I am sure as hell not sure the Eagles way is either.

Ask your average passionate Eagles fan if he agrees with your sentiments. I'm surrounded by them. You shoulda heard them on Sunday after church. I'm just laughing here at your statement there...not at you but the fact that you can look at their situation without passion and make a logical conclusion...because you lack passion about them.

Maybe that is why some silly statements like "The Eagles don't mess around" are made in relation to the Steelers by Steeler fans. We are too passionate and forget logic. I am NOT saying the Steelers way is right, but I am sure as hell not sure the Eagles way is either.
I think you need more time in church! Relax! It’s just a message board with varying opinions.
It’s not about who is right or wrong. It’s fans who have opinions. I heard yours you heard mine.
Move on now!

Reactions: GMC
I think you need more time in church! Relax! It’s just a message board with varying opinions.
It’s not about who is right or wrong. It’s fans who have opinions. I heard yours you heard mine.
Move on now!
Maybe I do, but I think I'm relaxed. I feel relaxed.

One thing about the Philadelphia Eagles. There ain’t no bs with that organization. They will make changes at any signs of trouble unlike the Steelers who continue to keep things the same expecting different results. Steelers call that stability but I call that being stupid and stubborn.
Thats for sure. Like getting rid of Andy Reid!

Sorry if I am not buying what you are selling about being a lot finer with his results if he had won in 2017.
I’m glad you know what I think and what I don’t. Your above statement is basically calling me a liar. ****-tard.

Reactions: GMC
Yes but the Eagles have been very competitive for a long time.
They’re always in the conversation about SB contenders and after they won their last one they didn’t waste time dumping Doug Pederson after a couple so so seasons. That tells me they don’t want to rest on their laurels and are always trying to get better.
I’m not saying they have the magic formula but I give them lots of credit for not sitting on their hands like Art II.
Chip kelly

The Eagles seemed to have some inner turmoil going on w/ Hurts and Brown. Their offense really fell apart and there is no excuse w/ Hurts, Brown, Smith, Switft, and a good TE. They were stacked at skill positions on offense. I think it goes to show team chemistry plays a huge role success.

Eagles drafted Jalen Raegor with Justin Jefferson on the board.

They’ve made some good moves and some bad. The real backbone of the team was the OL with Kelce and Lane Johnson. Defense with Fletcher Cox at DT. Kelce may be done and the others are getting old.

I’m glad you know what I think and what I don’t. Your above statement is basically calling me a liar. ****-tard.
You are right. I should not have ascribed to you thoughts or feelings expressed by others on this board.

Chip kelly
Every team makes mistakes Blitz but the Eagles at least try to make improvements rather than go with what’s not working.
Chip was a big mistake! Bill O’Brien here in Houston was a disaster but the Texans didn’t sit on their hands.
Tomlin needs to be replaced and Art is just prolonging the agony. We’re simply never going to win with Tomlin. He has far too much autonomy and look how it’s turned out.

One thing about the Philadelphia Eagles. There ain’t no bs with that organization. They will make changes at any signs of trouble unlike the Steelers who continue to keep things the same expecting different results. Steelers call that stability but I call that being stupid and stubborn.
Is it a cultural thing in Pittsburgh to be hesitant to change? I often hear similar with the Penguins and both franchises chalk it up to the city.

In today’s world whatever facet that may be, you have to be unafraid of change to see growth

Is it a cultural thing in Pittsburgh to be hesitant to change? I often hear similar with the Penguins and both franchises chalk it up to the city.

In today’s world whatever facet that may be, you have to be unafraid of change to see growth
I have not lived IN Pittsburgh. I've lived in an area of Ohio that's about 40 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh while growing up and for the last 10 years of my life. That said, the mindset of folks in our area is pretty much the same as that in Pittsburgh in regards to change. If you think about it, quick and massive change had a decimating effect on the economic, social and psychological makeup of these areas that at one time depended on jobs from the steel industry as our major income producing asset. When the mills started closing, people, including close friends and family, started moving. Those that stayed were faced with uncertainty, a depressed economy, lack of jobs, etc. Change ****** up the area.

Pittsburgh itself has done a nice job of rebounding from the effects of the mills closing. Lots places in the surrounding area have not. So, folks are a little leary of change. Kinda like PTSD for an entire geographical region.

Not saying that has anything to do with the Steelers and Pens reasoning for not grasping the need for change. Just giving my thoughts about what folks in the area may see change as bringing. And why they are often hesitant to welcome it.

Not saying that has anything to do with the Steelers and Pens reasoning for not grasping the need for change. Just giving my thoughts about what folks in the area may see change as bringing. And why they are often hesitant to welcome it.
Good post Buckeye..
I would say definitely YES......the mindset and/or philosophy of the "Rooney"s Way"...is directly related to their cultural upbringing of their Pittsburgh roots...
Its handed down and ingrained into their spirit like a big Primanti's sammich and a cold Iron City!

Its who we are as Yinzers...and just like anything in life...there's pro's and con's to that way of livin'!

I have not lived IN Pittsburgh. I've lived in an area of Ohio that's about 40 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh while growing up and for the last 10 years of my life. That said, the mindset of folks in our area is pretty much the same as that in Pittsburgh in regards to change. If you think about it, quick and massive change had a decimating effect on the economic, social and psychological makeup of these areas that at one time depended on jobs from the steel industry as our major income producing asset. When the mills started closing, people, including close friends and family, started moving. Those that stayed were faced with uncertainty, a depressed economy, lack of jobs, etc. Change ****** up the area.

Pittsburgh itself has done a nice job of rebounding from the effects of the mills closing. Lots places in the surrounding area have not. So, folks are a little leary of change. Kinda like PTSD for an entire geographical region.

I think in a way that does trickle to the persona’s of the teams as well

Also considering the thoughts of SteelBuckeye...I wonder if people are reluctant to change because they have seen too much change...just for the sake of change. We are coming up on another election cycle, and every time it seems both candidates, whoever they are and what ever party, talk about Change!!! So, like dutiful Americans we go to the polls and, as history shows, often we do vote for change. At least that's what we think. And nothing changes. So in essence nothing tangible happens, we just changed the President for change sake.

I think the Steelers need to, and should have made a change. It has been long enough. However I am uncomfortable with the examples used here...the Eagles and the Texans models. Both have had lots of change, and the overall success hasn't been vastly better for the Eagles, and it has been worse for the Texans. Now Eagle fans want to run Sirianni! There has to be some common sense middle ground between keeping a coach as long as the Steelers do and changing one every 3-5 years...right?

Every team makes mistakes Blitz but the Eagles at least try to make improvements rather than go with what’s not working.
Chip was a big mistake! Bill O’Brien here in Houston was a disaster but the Texans didn’t sit on their hands.
Tomlin needs to be replaced and Art is just prolonging the agony. We’re simply never going to win with Tomlin. He has far too much autonomy and look how it’s turned out.
agreed. but there is a chance to replace Tomlin with a chip
\