• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Election Day

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Of if you're in Japan, Erection Day.

Burgundy's Voter Guide:

In PA there isn't much going on but local and judicial elections.

For PA Superior Court vote FOR Megan McCarthy King and Christylee Peck. Vote AGAINST Dan McCaffery and Amanda Green-Hawkins.

Vote NO on the Marsy's Law amendment. Despite the emotional TV commercials, it violates defendents' due process rights and will probably be found to be unconstitutional. There is already an injunction to not count the votes for it until after a court hearing. Most of what is in Marsy's Law is already in a law passed in 2007 and what the TV commercials complain about is because, well, state and local governments aren't abiding existing law. A rare instance of Burgundy agreeing with the ACLU.

I just had to cuss out my cousin who says I should vote like my skin isn't white, because privilege has no place in voting. She says I should be more worried about minorities, gays, gun violence victims, etc and should vote from a place of empathy. She posted this ridiculous thing on FB, and I called her on it, explaining that it wasn't how any of this is supposed to work. I don't think we're friends anymore.

I just had to cuss out my cousin who says I should vote like my skin isn't white, because privilege has no place in voting. She says I should be more worried about minorities, gays, gun violence victims, etc and should vote from a place of empathy. She posted this ridiculous thing on FB, and I called her on it, explaining that it wasn't how any of this is supposed to work. I don't think we're friends anymore.

Good call, people say things on social media they would never say to your face, because they can get away with it

Good call, people say things on social media they would never say to your face, because they can get away with it

I don't understand how you get there, ya know? How can you feel guilty about being white when you had absolutely no control over that? How can you bust your *** your whole life, only to "realize" that it wasn't your hard work, successes and failures that got you where you are, but your skin color? I don't understand it.

The only thing we have on our ballots is bonds. They want to soak us on a new school, $95M. And they want to separate the fire department from the public safety department which would end up costing us more. I voted no for both via the mail.

Tell her great, you're going to vote for President Trump again because under him black and Hispanic unemployment are at historic lows.

This all began when we landed whitey on the moon

I don't understand how you get there, ya know? How can you feel guilty about being white when you had absolutely no control over that? How can you bust your *** your whole life, only to "realize" that it wasn't your hard work, successes and failures that got you where you are, but your skin color? I don't understand it.

It started when some guy said you didn't build that, and gullible minds believed it.

So you think the moon landing was real?

Oh yeah, whitey conquering "the blackness of space", NASA has felt guilty about that since it happened, thus all their reparations diversity programs since then

I voted at lunch today. Pretty uneventful. My county this election is all republicans running unopposed. I voted for a referendum that boosts school security and enhanced mental health evaluations for students. It’s paid for by a small property tax increase. It’s the first tax increase that I’ve ever voted for in my life. I think this one is worth it. It’s not a gun issue, it’s a mental heath issue. (You hear that, Beta? You skateboard faggo...ah never mind.)

I voted at lunch today. Pretty uneventful. My county this election is all republicans running unopposed. I voted for a referendum that boosts school security and enhanced mental health evaluations for students. It’s paid for by a small property tax increase. It’s the first tax increase that I’ve ever voted for in my life. I think this one is worth it. It’s not a gun issue, it’s a mental heath issue. (You hear that, Beta? You skateboard faggo...ah never mind.)

The only thing that would give me caution about that mental health bill would be, who is recommending the evaluation? The schools are over run by liberals as it is, and if they back door red flag students with a mental condition, then their goal of restricting guns will be reached. I guess I should read up on it a little, but if you could provide some more insight on what they are trying to accomplish with the evaluations and how they are determining who gets recommended for an evaluation, I would really appreciate it.

The only thing that would give me caution about that mental health bill would be, who is recommending the evaluation? The schools are over run by liberals as it is, and if they back door red flag students with a mental condition, then their goal of restricting guns will be reached. I guess I should read up on it a little, but if you could provide some more insight on what they are trying to accomplish with the evaluations and how they are determining who gets recommended for an evaluation, I would really appreciate it.

I hear you. I think it’s mainly a red flagging of problem kids. I’ll see if I can find it verbatim. But while I have kids in school, I’m all for added security.

Oh yeah, whitey conquering "the blackness of space", NASA has felt guilty about that since it happened, thus all their reparations diversity programs since then

Bomma's Director of NASA said that their mission was to make blacks feel good about themselves.

because education has basically gone Clockwork Orange on white privilege rhetoric.

All of VAs seats were up for reelection this year. Reps had a very slim majority going in. Wouldn't be surprised if the Dems take over. Outsiders poured millions into these elections.

Bomma's Director of NASA said that their mission was to make blacks feel good about themselves.

Correction, I believe it was to make Muslims more inclusive.

I voted today. Allegheny County. All I do is vote straight Rep. I can't vote for anyone else for the forseeable future.

Trump guy losing Kentucky gov race, got Jill Stein'd by 28,000 Libertarians

Could be over soon

Last edited:
Correction, Kentucky Gov race now too close to call, Dem declares victory, 4000 vote diff.Trump guy wont concede, going to recount

A7457-F47-40-E4-47-C7-8965-9959780-EBABA.jpg

Last edited:
There goes VA. It's officially a blue state now. Shame. Will be interesting to watch it's decline - in the sense that a car crash is interesting to watch.

“I’m here to officially declare today, Nov. 5, 2019, that Virginia is officially blue,” Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam told a crowd of supporters in Richmond.

Hashmi, a community college administrator and first-time candidate, defeated Republican Sen. Glen Sturtevant Tuesday in a key win for Democrats.

skip - 4

Ghazala Hashmi
@Hashmi4Va
· 9h
Today we sent a message that the status quo is no longer accepted. Thank you all for your support and passion in helping me become the next state Senator for Virginia’s 10th District! I couldn’t be more honored to be apart of the change to come for Virginia.

Ghazala Hashmi
@Hashmi4Va
This victory, is not mine alone. It belongs to all of you who believed that we needed to make progressive change here in Virginia, for all of you who felt that you haven’t had a voice and believed in me to be yours in the General Assembly.

9:44 PM - Nov 5, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
33 people are talking about this
“This victory, is not mine alone. It belongs to all of you who believed that we needed to make progressive change here in Virginia, for all of you who felt that you haven’t had a voice and believed in me to be yours in the General Assembly,” Hashmi tweeted Tuesday evening.

“After flipping the Senate, I’ll have Democrats by my side to fight to protect Virginians from the climate crisis and senseless gun violence, and work to expand our access to affordable health care and funding for public education. I can’t wait to work together in the state Senate,” she added.

Hashmi campaigned heavily on education, gun violence prevention, and health care, criticizing Sturtevant for his vote against Medicaid expansion.

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/ele...-elected-to-virginia-s-state-senate-1.8089593

Pathetic that their policies will make education worse, gun violence less preventable, and healthcare worse.

My friend in VA wrote:

"Here in VA we have a Dem governor and an attorney general who have a racist past, a Lieutenant Governor who has been credibly accused of rape by two women, yet the Dems are going to sweep."

My friend in VA wrote:

"Here in VA we have a Dem governor and an attorney general who have a racist past, a Lieutenant Governor who has been credibly accused of rape by two women, yet the Dems are going to sweep."

Its a ******* sad state of affairs in VA. They are gonna go after the guns now that they have all the local branches nailed down. My insurance is gonna go up AGAIN and more of my money will be wasted on the ****** public school system.

Bye bye Virginia. Soon to be California-east.

Ghazala Hashmi becomes first Muslim woman elected to Virginia's state senate

I always thought Virginia was cool