• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Election deniers - found the scumbags Dementia Joe was talking about!

Amazing isn't it? Okay, so both of us have worked our entire lives upholding the law - whether it be for defense or prosecution. What do we do with this trainwreck of imbeciles running D.C.? Apparently, voting doesn't work.....

Amazing isn't it? Okay, so both of us have worked our entire lives upholding the law - whether it be for defense or prosecution. What do we do with this trainwreck of imbeciles running D.C.? Apparently, voting doesn't work.....
You limit the financial gains possible in all politicians political careers, plus 10 years after their term ends. And you double the incomes for all elected officials.

You limit the financial gains possible in all politicians political careers, plus 10 years after their term ends. And you double the incomes for all elected officials.
It's amazing to me that people in elected positions can become so wealthy. I spent 31 years on the prosecution side of the law, and in my area, I can honestly say only a very small handful seemed to be wealthy beyond their means. I agree with your statement about paying elected officials better. This, in my opinion, betters the chances of them not being corrupted by outside influences. Just my opinion.

Yeah you can't do that. That would be deeply unfair and unconstitutional. But what could be done is ending exemptions on insider trading that congress enjoys now and require blind conservatorships of all business ventures for all members of the government until they leave office.

Once again, my humble list of requirements for politicians:
  • They write their own speeches. Every word. Get caught reading what somebody else wrote? Out of office, reimburse salary, lose all benefits, ineligible to run for office again.
  • Exam for candidates. Pass or don't run. Every other profession - doctors, lawyers, nurses, CPA's, teachers - have exams to show a minimum level of knowledge.
  • Cannot keep campaign contributions.
  • Cannot use campaign contributions except on your own campaign.
  • Those two provisions greatly reduce the power of greedy scumbags selling their office to raise money and then weild those contributions to obtain or retain power.
  • Must have lived in district for at least four years before running. No more moving somewhere just to win an easy election and slime your way to power.
  • Borrowing Ron's idea about salaries for politicians, elected officials earn 150% of the median income of the people they represent. Want more money? Make life better in your district.
  • That also vastly reduces the money we pay these grifters.
  • No more police protection for professional grifters than the protection afforded the citizens they represent. Ban concealed carry in your district? No concealed carry for your protection.

• They write their own speeches. Every word. Get caught reading what somebody else wrote? Out of office, reimburse salary, lose all benefits, ineligible to run for office again.
  • Exam for candidates. Pass or don't run. Every other profession - doctors, lawyers, nurses, CPA's, teachers - have exams to show a minimum level of knowledge.
  • Those two provisions greatly reduce the power of greedy scumbags selling their office to raise money and then weild those contributions to obtain or retain power.
  • Must have lived in district for at least four years before running. No more moving somewhere just to win an easy election and slime your way to power.
  • Borrowing Ron's idea about salaries for politicians, elected officials earn 150% of the median income of the people they represent. Want more money? Make life better in your district.
  • No more police protection for professional grifters than the protection afforded the citizens they represent. Ban concealed carry in your district? No concealed carry for your protection.

Most of it I can support except for this part:

That would be a recipe for patronage, pork and grift the likes of which hasn't been seen since the Roman Empire.

I read in a book one time, all elected officials had every asset liquidated, and this was the money that the government ran on. At the end of their term, they got back whatever their percentage of the pot was.

Most of it I can support except for this part:

That would be a recipe for patronage, pork and grift the likes of which hasn't been seen since the Roman Empire.

Right now, grift and bribery are rampant and approved. Under my proposed system, pork and grift might occur but what be illegal and subject the politician to losing everything.

And public flogging. I may not have mentioned that.

Right now, grift and bribery are rampant and approved. Under my proposed system, pork and grift might occur but what be illegal and subject the politician to losing everything.

And public flogging. I may not have mentioned that.
needs to include net worth thru service and for a period of time past service, like 5-10 years. It should also include family assets, so the politician isnt just working for the family like we see with Pelosi, Newsome, Biden, etc....

The hypocrisy of all these Politicians and their knob slobbering cronies is incredible.

I think they should all be required to wear body cameras, and possibly shock collars.

It's amazing to me that people in elected positions can become so wealthy. I spent 31 years on the prosecution side of the law, and in my area, I can honestly say only a very small handful seemed to be wealthy beyond their means. I agree with your statement about paying elected officials better. This, in my opinion, betters the chances of them not being corrupted by outside influences. Just my opinion.
It’s a country club