• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Eli Rogers

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
If the Redskins coaches have any brains, they will know the Steelers are thin at TE, and thin at WR. Their goal will be to limit Brown.

Expect them to double Brown a lot. Either with a bump at the line to disrupt his timing or a with the safety cheating up and jumping his most popular routes.

This could open things up for Rogers a relative unknown.

In the opener, the Steeler might be banking on unproven players like Rogers, Burns, and Davis far more than the media realizes.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Agree. They should be trying to shut AB down. Might help our run game.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
DeAngelo needs to remind everyone that he was just as effective a RB as Bell last year. He may not be the receiver, but he can run by God. He can run!

Once he does that, the Skins will be forced to cheat up in the box and it's a whole different ballgame. At least that's how it works on paper!

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Agree. They should be trying to shut AB down. Might help our run game.

I think this will be a high-scoring type of game, without a lot of running the football.

The " over and under " line is 49.5 points.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
If the Redskins coaches have any brains, they will know the Steelers are thin at TE, and thin at WR. Their goal will be to limit Brown.

Expect them to double Brown a lot. Either with a bump at the line to disrupt his timing or a with the safety cheating up and jumping his most popular routes.

This could open things up for Rogers a relative unknown.

In the opener, the Steeler might be banking on unproven players like Rogers, Burns, and Davis far more than the media realizes.
This is why Martavis always had single coverage and made big plays. We need Sammie Coates to catch the ******* ball tonight and run the right routes. Don't under estimate DWill as a receiver coming out of the backfield tonight either.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I already posting in wig's thread that Eli would have multiple TDs tonight.....

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
This is why Martavis always had single coverage and made big plays. We need Sammie Coates to catch the ******* ball tonight and run the right routes. Don't under estimate DWill as a receiver coming out of the backfield tonight either.

I do not trust Coates. His ball security, hands, and route running are too iffy. In coaching lingo, I 'd give Coates his chances on 1st and 2nd down, but not as a go to on 3rd down.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
I have Eli started on multiple fantasy teams and on Draftkings. I'm expecting a big night for him or Jesse James, maybe both. The redskins will have all their attention on stopping AB and the deep threats of Coates and DUB. There should be open plays in the middle against their LBs.

They did draft Sua Cravens as a hybrid LB/S but I think they will use him more to stop the run and help on AB.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
I have Eli started on multiple fantasy teams and on Draftkings. I'm expecting a big night for him or Jesse James, maybe both.
Man, I've been sitting here for the past few hours deliberating between James and Eli for my WR/TE flex slot. It's non-PPR so I'm leaning towards James. I agree both could have big roles tonight, may need to flip a coin btwn the two.

/edit - while I'm at it, any advice appreciated! ;)

Last edited:

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I picked JJ, but have dont have much of a chance at cashing so my advice may not be the best. Between JJ and Gurley I need about 100 points to cash....

Could be a rough night if Norman can hang with Brown, but I think he will need help. As long as someone else steps up we should be fine.

P

POP

Ryan Clark said the Skins should play AB as a total D scheme and not try to just match up Norman on him or they will be sorry.

He said the D _SHOULD_ pay extra attention on AB, but as a group, not as just putting one guy on him. Ryan usually knows what he is talking about.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Man, I've been sitting here for the past few hours deliberating between James and Eli for my WR/TE flex slot. It's non-PPR so I'm leaning towards James. I agree both could have big roles tonight, may need to flip a coin btwn the two.

/edit - while I'm at it, any advice appreciated! ;)

That is a tough choice but without PPR, I'd lean to James because I think he has a good shot at a TD or 2. Rogers may have a bunch of receptions but he may not even be on the field inside the 10.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd like to think James wants to come out and prove that he can fill some of those Heath sized shoes.

He may not be anything near the blocker that Heath was, but if he brings his lunch pail and just works his *** off we're gonna love him. That's all we ever ask of a TE, just work your *** off and catch that **** in traffic. Oh, and the MOMENT they forget about you, run down that seam baby!

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
James was only 20 when drafted. He has time to get better.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
No doubt. Whoever is in as the No. 2 and/or No. 3 WR needs to step up big time tonight. Jesse James and DW need to play well also. No big drops tonight and no turnovers will be huge for the O.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Presuming the Skins look to double up on AB, I imagine Ben will spread the ball around plenty. Any one of Coates, Eli, Jesse, DHB, DWill could go off in this game... I'm rolling with Jesse James in FF, but really, all I care about is someone, anyone of these dudes step up and help us get a W.

ps - watch Xavier Grimble and/or David Johnson grab the TD's!! LOL ;)

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
I think this will be a high-scoring type of game, without a lot of running the football.

The " over and under " line is 49.5 points.
We'll see. I think our running game will be the key. They have talented cover corners.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I don't think anything Coates has done in pre season can be considered a trend or be used as a marker of him as player. I hope if that the Redskins choose to double AB Coates and Rogers make them pay.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I don't think anything Coates has done in pre season can be considered a trend or be used as a marker of him as player. I hope if that the Redskins choose to double AB Coates and Rogers make them pay.

Coates dropped a pass and Rodgers who played well was the culprit on the interception. I think we will see more of the same hot and cold from Coates. Rodgers I think won't have as many negative plays.

I did not see the Redskins double cover Brown a lot and he burned them twice with great passes from Ben. The OL and running game was excellent.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Coates dropped a pass and Rodgers who played well was the culprit on the interception. I think we will see more of the same hot and cold from Coates. Rodgers I think won't have as many negative plays.

I did not see the Redskins double cover Brown a lot and he burned them twice with great passes from Ben. The OL and running game was excellent.

Coates dropped a pass. Rogers ran a wrong route..both rebounded to have strong games. I will take what I saw from both and Jesse James.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Coates dropped a pass. Rogers ran a wrong route..both rebounded to have strong games. I will take what I saw from both and Jesse James.

Agreed. All three players will get better as the season progresses. Rogers carries himself like a vet. Way too early to make comparisons to Heath. But I think James will also fill in that role nicely. I think a lot of it is mental preparation for James

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Agreed. All three players will get better as the season progresses. Rogers carries himself like a vet. Way too early to make comparisons to Heath. But I think James will also fill in that role nicely. I think a lot of it is mental preparation for James

James will never be able to do some of the WR type things Heath was able to do early in his career but he can be the older Heath. Meaning be in the right spot and show strong hands and move the chains. Green when or if he ever plays will give us the young Heath type plays..giving us a potential lethal TE combo