• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Eli Rogers

The d was with out lots of potential upgrades over who was playing last night at both the secondary and linebackers. They still looked good with what they were able to put on the field. This unit will get better and may have some talent infusion as the season goes on. Offense was with out a full back, Nix was dinged, a tight end that was supposed to be an offensive weapon, Bell from the backfield as a pass catcher and runner, Bryant who clearly is better than everyone not named AB, Wheaton was out as well. Both of these units likely will improve just by getting some players back into the game. The players that were in the game will likely continue to get better as well.

Josh Norman will be all over AB.

Dumbassery strikes again. Norman only plays one side of the field. AB moves everywhere. He was only on him a % of the time.

Oh, you know football.

I am surprised the Skins didn't choose to move Norman onto Brown full-time or at least more regularly. Statistically on the very limited plays Norman did match up on Brown he nailed him down pretty well.

Guess what they won't see next week? Single coverage on AB. The Skins really though that single coverage was the way to go? He may not see that again in his career!

Coates dropped a pass. Rogers ran a wrong route..both rebounded to have strong games. I will take what I saw from both and Jesse James.

James is a tall guy with some speed, but I hope Todd Haley doesn't ask him to block ends one on one. He got creamed. He still a very weak type of inline blocker. A bit better of a blocker on the move for pulling.

You guys missed my earlier posts about Eli and Wheaton essentially tied as our #2 receiver. You play the #2 receiver over the TE every time!

You guys missed my earlier posts about Eli and Wheaton essentially tied as our #2 receiver. You play the #2 receiver over the TE every time!
I should have listened to you, too late now. James almost had a TD when Ben threw a little bit ahead of him in the endzone That was right before the Coates-ricochet-Eli TD (I think). All in all, Jesse is going to be a middling TE1-TE2 type in FF with maybe 6-7 TD's on the year. He may even have some big games, he got off to a decent start yesterday.

Coates dropped a pass. Rogers ran a wrong route..both rebounded to have strong games. I will take what I saw from both and Jesse James.

yes! I like that they didn't put their heads in the sand after their mistakes. This shows maturity and space to keep improving

Eli is going to continue to improve this season. He gets open. We haven't seen Wheaton play yet but Eli is making a strong play to be the 2A WR.

The announcers last night said Ben thinks Eli may be the best slot WR they've had since he's been there. Somehow, I think Ben forgot about Mr. Ward but that is still high praise to give on Eli who is essentially a rookie.

Eli is going to continue to improve this season. He gets open. We haven't seen Wheaton play yet but Eli is making a strong play to be the 2A WR.

The announcers last night said Ben thinks Eli may be the best slot WR they've had since he's been there. Somehow, I think Ben forgot about Mr. Ward but that is still high praise to give on Eli who is essentially a rookie.

Ward wasn't an exclusive slot guy as Rogers is. Ward was a possession WR that could play anywhere

I like your assessment of JJ Tibs, and I think you're about spot on for production, though I think his TDs will be closer to 5.

Eli is our slot receiver. This is not a surprise. If we have 3 receivers now, Eli will be on the field, in the slot, on every snap. Time to pick him up for your ppr leagues!

I'm not sure if Eli can be a decent outside WR. He's more of a slot guy.

Rogers will be the primary slot WR when they go three wide which is Alot. Wheaton and Coates will spilt those outside WR snaps..and also Bey for his blocking and occasional deep route to keep teams honest for thinking he is in to block.

Guess what they won't see next week? Single coverage on AB. The Skins really though that single coverage was the way to go? He may not see that again in his career!

They had double coverage on the 4th down TD catch. The CB and safety were both right there but the throw was perfect and AB went up to get the ball. He's tough to cover no matter how many guys you throw at him.