• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Environmentalists ... Irony on Line 1

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Retired jockey, 60, died when she fell onto an eco-friendly metal drinking straw which impaled her eye in a freak accident, inquest hears.

Elena Struthers-Gardner, 60, suffered horrific brain injuries after the freak accident at her home in Broadstone in Poole, Dorset on November 22. She was carrying a mason jar glass with a screw-top lid when she collapsed, with the 10in stainless steel straw entering her left eye socket and piercing her brain.

Today a coroner said metal drinking straws should never be used with a lid that fixes them in place, and warned that 'great care should be taken' while using them. They have increasingly replaced plastic straws after BBC's Blue Planet drew attention to ocean pollution, with the UK alone throwing away 8.5 billion every year.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...d-fell-eco-friendly-metal-drinking-straw.html

How about some eco-friendly metal drinking straw control? If it saves just one life - and hey, seems it damn well would have here.

Through the eye? Gah.....what a horrible way to go!

She'd still be alive if she wasn't an environmental whacko.

She'd still be alive if she wasn't an environmental whacko.

ai39Gdo.jpg

Why does everyone need a straw, are we all 5 years old? Never understood it.

Drinks with a lot of ice benefit from straws. Otherwise, you try and sip the last 1/3 of the drink, and sploosh - here comes the ice, releasing the beverage like a failed dam.

Drinks with a lot of ice benefit from straws. Otherwise, you try and sip the last 1/3 of the drink, and sploosh - here comes the ice, releasing the beverage like a failed dam.

We need sippy cups.

My wife refuses to drink anything with ice in it and not use a straw. Says she hates the ice touching her teeth. When we go into a restaurant and I get my drink the first thing I do is chuck out the straw. I love taking a nice cold drink and crunching up the ice along with it.

My wife refuses to drink anything with ice in it and not use a straw. Says she hates the ice touching her teeth. When we go into a restaurant and I get my drink the first thing I do is chuck out the straw. I love taking a nice cold drink and crunching up the ice along with it.
That's a metaphor for something....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Steeler Nation mobile app

Don't mind the ice gently rolling down, but it seems to always pile up at some point and them BLAM!! Here comes the ice flood.

Just go back to paper straws if this is such a damn catastrophe, using plastic straws.

I thought of this immediately.

I thought of this immediately.

Oh man. Ron, they don't call you the undertaker for nothing. Lol, twisted SOB.

But really, what a terrible way to go.

So you don't use the straw, but you throw it away anyway? Polluting the ocean for no good reason!

The Founders never could have imagined metal straws when they wrote the Constitution.