• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Europe goes on a wall building spree

Spike

Reaction score
Hungary To Build Second Fence On Serbian Border To Keep Out Migrants

Hungary plans to build a second fence on its southern border with Serbia that would enable it to keep out any major new wave of migrants,

Technical planning is under way to erect a more massive defense system next to the existing line of defense which was built quickly (last year).

A razor-wire fence built along Hungary's southern border with Serbia and Croatia has sharply reduced flows.

hungary-border.jpg

http://www.ibtimes.com/hungary-build-second-fence-serbian-border-keep-out-migrants-2407615

------------------------------------

Migrant crisis: Hungary police recruit 'border-hunters'

The Hungarian police are advertising for 3,000 "border-hunters", who will reinforce up to 10,000 police and soldiers patrolling a razor-wire fence built to keep migrants out.

The new recruits, like existing officers, will carry pistols with live ammunition

_91010762_dsc09375.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37259857

----------------------------

Britain to build the 'Great Wall of Calais' - Massive concrete wall planned for Calais to keep migrants out of Britain

Taxpayers will pay £2million for 13ft high, one-mile long concrete barrier along motorway to stop migrants sneaking across the Channel.

Just two months after voting to leave the European Union (EU), the UK has announced the construction of a “great wall” near its most porous border in Calais, to keep illegal migrants out.

The new 13-foot (4 metre) high wall will be built of smooth concrete, making it hard to climb, and will line the roads into the port town of Calais where the entrance to the channel tunnel also sits.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-mile-long-concrete-barrier-migrants-out.html

---------------------

French Truck Drivers Blockade Port Of Calais To Protest Migrant Crisis

14157438737_de982f0faf_k-2.jpg

Cross-Channel operations between Dover and Calais were set to descend into chaos today as French truck drivers and farmers created a blockade on the main A16 access road to the French port.

The hauliers and farmers are protesting against the French government’s inability to close the notorious “Jungle” – a makeshift camp thought to house around 10,000 refugees and migrants trying to reach the UK – despite government assurances it would be closed by the end of October.

http://gcaptain.com/migrant-crisis-french-truck-drivers-blockade-port-calais/

------------------------------

"Build that wall!"

Borders-fences-406697.jpg

So Tibs is protected by a big fence now?

Tibs will be along shortly to disprove this racist hysteria from his Hungary. Unpossible for educated Europeans to let this happen.

I bet he and his family can still swim in their public pools over the summer.... unlike Germany.

I bet he and his family can still swim in their public pools over the summer.... unlike Germany.

Are you saying that Serbs and Croats are somehow better/cleaner than Turks? Does Hungary only let "good immigrants" slide in? That is racist!!

Achtung!

Germany Hires Pool Security Guards To Stop Refugees From Touching Women

German pools are now forced to hire burly security guards in black uniforms to deter Muslim refugees from touching women.

The security guards are reportedly Middle Eastern, to make the refugees more comfortable

http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/07/g...-guards-to-stop-refugees-from-touching-women/

Right on cue

Migrant Gangs Sexually Assault German Women...Again!

migrant%20violence.PNG

The most recent incidents of rape and sexual assault at the hands of migrants came during last weekend’s “Essen Original” festival in the town of Essen. The typically family-friendly festival has been celebrated for over 20 years without incident.

Police have so far arrested seven men, four of which they confirmed were migrants they say are from the regions of North Africa and the Middle East and lived at nearby asylum homes. The suspects were detained and later released after being questioned, a practice that has been criticised by many and something neighbouring Austria has promised to change.

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/migrant-gangs-sexually-assault-german-womenagain

----------------

I guess German men don't mind their daughters being molested

Released??? Like they won't prey on other victims. What kind of mess has Germany become?

This is the new, enlightened, multicultural Europe. A shining example of how politicians know what is better for the rest of us.

Released??? Like they won't prey on other victims. What kind of mess has Germany become?

Herman the German has a lot of guilt based on ****** up **** his grandpa did 70 years ago. On top is that the leftists in Deutschland are way more entrenched in the culture than ours are here. They call anyone who says anything about migrant criminal activity a "fascist".

Now Eastern Europe is a different story, they have a long memory of strife and atrocity committed by the Turks from 500-1000 years ago and they aren't putting up with that ****, especially after just shaking off the chains of communism.

Still waiting for Tibs to enlighten us on this 'hiding behind walls' thing again.

Still waiting for Tibs to enlighten us on this 'hiding behind walls' thing again.

Many nations in the middle east also have walls.

There's nothing I can say that I haven't said before. The wall building project is yet another colossal waste of money and a hotbed for corruption for Orban and his cronies.

For the record, for delzjc and anyone else who claims that Hungary is in good hands with the far-right Viktor Orban, you couldn't be more wrong. Your superficial, cliff notes analysis is skewered, does not at all represent the reality of what is happening on the ground. Orban and his cronies have built a post-communist regime based on nepotism and deep-seeded corruption. He and Fidesz is openly hated by a pretty large segment of the population. He was voted in and and has held onto power by pensioners and country-side constituents who partake in the free-flow of corrupt funds coming from the EU. No surprise he's the first politician in these parts to endorse Trump. Orban and Trump, along with Putin, have a bastardized view of democracy and the free market.

If you really want to understand what Orban is about, you need to do much more research then reading a blurb here or there. But who gives a ****? Hungary is a tiny country w about 9M people, about the size of Indiana. There has been a huge brain drain with 20-30 years olds fleeing the country these past few years, to London, to Brussels, to Berlin. Orban has an iron grip on state media, and his cronies have bought into the private media sector as well. He is surrounded by yes men, no one dares to oppose him. And there are few choices to oppose him politically. The even more far-right Jobbik, which is one of Europe's openly anti-Semitic, anti-Western parliamentary parties, and a fledging, decrepit progessive, liberal opposition. So my fight against right-wing demagogues is now happening on two continents simultaneously.

The economy on the whole is kept afloat through massive EU funding which in turn artificially inflates GDP. The tourism & hospitality sectors show legitimate growth - as Budapest is damn beautiful, a true jewel on the Danube. That is not Orban's achievement, nor can he lay claim to it. There are a few large multinationals, ie Mercedes/Audi factories, but that's pretty much it. Most, if not all legitimate foreign investment came in during the late nineties and early 2000's, well before Orban and Fidesz came into power.

A final note, everything I've achieved in this country, as an ex-pat American businessman, I've done on my own merit, through hard work. The tax system here sucks, salaries are ridiculously low, infrastructure is spotty, health care services need a major overhaul, yet Orban spends millions of Euros on pet projects (like a soccer stadium in his back yard - look it up) and lining his relatives' and friends' pockets. His populist, anti-refugee message was yet another ploy to garner the support of his brainless flock. As everyone here knows, no refugee in their right mind want(ed) to come to Hungary. Hungary just happened to be here, geographically, between the Balkans and the West, ie Austria, Germany, the Nordic countries. So they came en masse, literally wanting to pass through and head north. What does Orban do? A very Trump-move indeed. He flooded billboards around the country with hateful, venomous messages about ''We won't allow refugees to take Hungarians' jobs' and the like. It was a farce, people ridiculed him openly. Yet the right wing media here - and internationally - jumped all over it, of what a 'strong' leader Orban was to 'stand up' to the refugees. He's a ******* tool, just like Trump.

‘Man of the Year’: Anti-immigrant Hungary PM Orban honored in Poland for policy impact

Sounds like a smart man

Hungary's Viktor Orban Says Donald Trump Better for Europe

Budapest, Hungary (AP) -- The anti-terrorism proposals of U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump make him the better option for Europe and Hungary

Orban, who has built razor-wire border fences to stop migrants, said in Romania that Trump's ideas about the need for the best intelligence services and his opposition to "democracy export" were also applicable in Europe.

"I listened to (Trump) and I have to tell you that he made three proposals to stop terrorism. And as a European, I myself could not have drawn up better what Europe needs."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...tor-orban-says-donald-trump-better-for-europe

Sounds like a smart man
Indeed smart, sharp and all-knowing, much like Trump & Putin. Strong leaders, this is what the world needs. Get your bomb shelters ready.

Get your bomb shelters ready.

Won't need em after we get our WALL - just like the one you have, only better!

ha ha

trump-wall.jpg

Last edited:
This is the new, enlightened, multicultural Europe. A shining example of how politicians know what is better for the rest of us.

Multiculturalism!

French Women Attacked And Called ‘******’ For Wearing Shorts

Teenagers jailed for attacking two families in southern France as 'women were wearing shorts'

Local prosecutor says the youths shouted '*****' and 'get naked' at the women before attacking their husbands

GettyImages-523559644-1-640x480.jpg

Two teenagers have been jailed in southern France for their part in a brawl that saw three men violently attacked in front of their children after objecting to sexist comments directed at their wives.

The two couples, a friend and their children were cycling in the city of Toulon in July when the two women were abused for wearing shorts by around 12 youths.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...xist-abuse-violence-burkini-ban-a7233386.html

------------------

Funny, they don't mention if they might be MUSLIM "teenagers".

******* Islam is a cancer on the world. I see nothing good that it brings this planet. It's the devil incarnate.

If Islam isn't a "race" and just a religion, what term describes me that is equivalent to "racist"?

Am I just a bigot?

If Islam isn't a "race" and just a religion, what term describes me that is equivalent to "racist"?

Am I just a bigot?

No, you just don't let political correctness override your common sense. There is "Islamophobia" but "-phobia" means "fear of" and personally I don't fear Muslims, rather I hope one of them does try to hijack a plane I'm on in order that I might beat the **** out of him.
Remember, on any issue Liberals can always be counted on to side with 1) whoever is against America and 2) whoever the darker-skinned people are.

No, you just don't let political correctness override your common sense. There is "Islamophobia" but "-phobia" means "fear of" and personally I don't fear Muslims, rather I hope one of them does try to hijack a plane I'm on in order that I might beat the **** out of him.
Remember, on any issue Liberals can always be counted on to side with 1) whoever is against America and 2) whoever the darker-skinned people are.

Ron, a phobia is an "irrational" fear. Nothing irrational about fearing Islamic terror.

Ron, a phobia is an "irrational" fear. Nothing irrational about fearing Islamic terror.
You are correct. But fearing Muslims in general - not just Islamic terrorism - is very much a phobia and an irrational fear.