• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ezekiel Elliot suspended 6 games

This is all just marketing by the NFL. Partly to fix Goodell's image after his mishandling of Ray Rice. The other part is the now common overreaction social media which has the NFL thinking that if they don't now over-react to these type allegations, that America will boycott in outrage.

Maybe he did it and he's a bad dude but without any evidence, i'm getting scared about how comfortable people are becoming with applying mob justice over due process.

This is exactly how the NFL handles its punishments. Whether a guy was charged or not, they wait until the public reacts. The stronger the reaction, the harsher the punishment.

Saw where Elliot was tweeting how upset he was with the NFL. Talk about no remorse or accountability for all his actions in the last few years. Not he was upset with himself, maybe his family is proud of him.

Saw where Elliot was tweeting how upset he was with the NFL. Talk about no remorse or accountability for all his actions in the last few years. Not he was upset with himself, maybe his family is proud of him.

or maybe he didn't do it. I know it's not PC to say it but many sexual assault allegations turn out to be false, and not just against rich people. It's sad but some women see it as a way to get revenge on an ex. I'm not saying that's what happened here, but it's just pointing out that you can't just hand out punishment based on an allegation.

I heard somewhere that there were pictures of bruises or something. The NFL spokesman then essentially said, there was no other explanation for how she could have injuries.

I don't mean to sound cold, but that's bullshit. Maybe he did hit her, but to claim that there is no other way she could have injuries is pretty stupid. She could have tripped on a sidewalk or a million other ways to have been injured.

And if there is all this damning evidence, why did the police say they had nothing and that the woman was not credible?

Last edited:
Tape, I wouldn't go defending EE over these photos. We all don't know the true nature, but to assume EE is not at fault in any way is not the right stance either. Being a child in a house where my mom was attacked by 2 different men, most of the damage is emotional. The physical bruises are the tip of the iceberg. If she did get attacked, even once by EE, she is an emotional wreck because of it. Any trigger, at anytime, can set off a panic attack or mental breakdown.

The bruises on her arms are constant with being defensive bruises. Bruises caused by fending off an attacker. She was choked, as her neck bruise clearly shows. The leg bruise looks like a welt from a belt or a burn.

Where she will have a tough time defending herself is if he says they engage in rough sexual play. Almost all of the bruises can be explained by that. The hand and the eye bruises tell a different story though.

or maybe he didn't do it. I know it's not PC to say it but many sexual assault allegations turn out to be false, and not just against rich people. It's sad but some women see it as a way to get revenge on an ex. I'm not saying that's what happened here, but it's just pointing out that you can't just hand out punishment based on an allegation.

I heard somewhere that there were pictures of bruises or something. The NFL spokesman then essentially said, there was no other explanation for how she could have injuries.

I don't mean to sound cold, but that's bullshit. Maybe he did hit her, but to claim that there is no other way she could have injuries is pretty stupid. She could have tripped on a sidewalk or a million other ways to have been injured.

And if there is all this damning evidence, why did the police say they had nothing and that the woman was not credible?

He lost the benefit of the doubt with me when he yanked up that girls shirt that was caught on camera. He just doesn't care and does whatever he wants.

He also punched a guy at a bar. No charges, but the incident definitely happened.

He's a thug

There's a group of people that have gone on record as saying that Elliot was the only person this girl with with during this time period of the incident..

Take away the beating on a women, continued fights in bars pulling women clothes off, I guess someone can find an excuse for everything.....that is why he is in the situation he is in today.....Columbus please look the other way, Dallas police look the other way...must be their fault he acts as he does.

I expect Cowbitch fans to be all over defending this POS. And we'll see quite a few this year, especially when he comes back in 4-6weeks...

Tape, I wouldn't go defending EE over these photos. We all don't know the true nature, but to assume EE is not at fault in any way is not the right stance either. Being a child in a house where my mom was attacked by 2 different men, most of the damage is emotional. The physical bruises are the tip of the iceberg. If she did get attacked, even once by EE, she is an emotional wreck because of it. Any trigger, at anytime, can set off a panic attack or mental breakdown.

The bruises on her arms are constant with being defensive bruises. Bruises caused by fending off an attacker. She was choked, as her neck bruise clearly shows. The leg bruise looks like a welt from a belt or a burn.

Where she will have a tough time defending herself is if he says they engage in rough sexual play. Almost all of the bruises can be explained by that. The hand and the eye bruises tell a different story though.

I don't assume EE is innocent. I have said he may be guilty, but what they have shown as evidence is not even close to proof. If it's true that she did get in a barfight with another girl then that explains the pictures.

I just don't see how you are handing out such hefty punishments with no proof. If you want to say pattern of behavior, then give him 2 games. Give him 6 games and to me that means there should have to be some proof.

The cops had those same pictures and it wasn't enough to charge him. I get the feeling that there is an alternative explanation for how she got them and the NFL is ignoring that. The fact EE was not charges makes me think that maybe there is evidence that she was in a barfight ot something else.

Also, there are stories floating around that there are text messages where this girl is asking her friends to lie for her to make EE look guilty.

I don't assume EE is innocent. I have said he may be guilty, but what they have shown as evidence is not even close to proof. If it's true that she did get in a barfight with another girl then that explains the pictures.

I just don't see how you are handing out such hefty punishments with no proof. If you want to say pattern of behavior, then give him 2 games. Give him 6 games and to me that means there should have to be some proof.

The cops had those same pictures and it wasn't enough to charge him. I get the feeling that there is an alternative explanation for how she got them and the NFL is ignoring that. The fact EE was not charges makes me think that maybe there is evidence that she was in a barfight ot something else.

Also, there are stories floating around that there are text messages where this girl is asking her friends to lie for her to make EE look guilty.

I had read, and I wish I could remember where, but that the cops were involved but they said they did not get cooperation from people involved so they didn't pursue the case any further. Does that mean people were paid off? I don't know.

But if witnesses and/or those involved don't cooperate the cops can't do much beyond that.

Just curious as to the Ben Rothlesberger suspension??? The "rog" showed that you don't need any proof to hand out any type of suspention and this was done by public condemnation. EE is currently suspended 6 games, guilty or not. The courts will uphold the "rog"/s power to punish. It's not about the guilt but about the tarnishment of the shield. If the "rog" deems player behavioral acts diminish the nfl standard then he can punish. Thank the players who voted for the CBA but take note when thanking as you won't see ANY STEELERS players as they voted unanimously NO.

Salute the nation

I think this is more of a combination of events / alleged incidents than having solid proof. Certain people always seem to attract trouble. I think the suspension will be reduced and is a warning to deter future incidents. I dont really have a problem with the suspension. Just like I didnt have a problem with the Ben suspension. He seemed to be going down a dark path.

I read where he blames a bar fight. That should be very easy to prove one way or another.

Yup. Considering every bar has cameras.

Interesting reading a bit on EE yesterday. The dude could find himself out of the league for at least a year if anyone steps forward with evidence about his assault less than a year ago. So far the police can't find the guy he supposedly assaulted so they dropped the case as did the NFL. But, if he finally steps forward, the NFL will reopen that case and EE will probably get another longer suspension. Sounds like the dude may have serious anger issues which will probably find him in trouble again.

Where I have a problem with the bar fight explanation as to where her injuries came from is in the pictures of her wrists. It absolutely looked like bruising from where somebody had their hands wrapped around her wrists and squeezed them very hard. That doesn't happen in a bar fight. The neck injuries, maybe, the face bruising, definitely could have, but I don't think those could be. That would take a very strong person and they sure appear as though they came from being restrained.

Last edited:
The SUSPENTION will hold, guilty or not. He may be able to get it reduced provided he behaves and accepts punishment. The "rogz' will reduce it 2-games provided he accepts it quietly. The "rog" did that to Ben R. So as he couldn't even defend himself either in the public eye or court of law. **** the "rog" and for those of you who think Ezeikle is inocent on all counts need to reexamine the evidence. His pattern is near that of young Ben R and he needs to be held accountable.

Salute the nation

Where I have a problem with the bar fight explanation as to where her injuries came from is in the pictures of her wrists. It absolutely looked like bruising from where somebody had their hands wrapped around her wrists and squeezed them very hard. That doesn't happen in a bar fight. The neck injuries, maybe, the face bruising, definitely could have, but I don't those could be. That would take a very strong person and they sure appear as though they came from being restrained.

restrained by a bouncer perhaps?

If this barfight really did happen, and it's insane if the NFL did not investigate that, then i don't see how you can use those picture as any sort of evidence.

I don't mean to makes excuses for him, i just don't trust Goodell at all. He has proven time and again that he will do whatever the group pressuring him demands.

Spygate, he destroyed evidence and covered up because Kraft pushed him.

Big Ben - prior to Ben's incident, some people called it racist that Pacman had been suspended without being charged. You then knew the next significant white player to get in trouble woulde get the book thrown at him. Goodell really miled that incident to make himself look tough.

Concussions - there's evidence concussions are bad and most of the research is relatively new. There is no evidence that X number of concussions = dementia and early death. From the start, Goodell accepted the premise that concussions are a guaranteed death sentence and that the NFL knew that for years and covered it up. That was what the media wanted to hear so Goodell happily obliged just to get that one time pat on the back that the media always gives you just before they turn on you.

A real leader would have acknowledged the new studies on concussions, but also stressed that there is no proof that concussions cause problems later in life. He would have pointed out that players have the same suicide rate as the general public and that signs of CTE (which can only be diagnosed at autopsy) occur naturally in people as they age. You then state that you take it seriously and show all the new helmet designs and the new focus on penalizing headshots. Also point out there are far more concussions in soccer.

Do all of that and you don't have a bunch of moms not allowing their kids to play football. But that would have taken somebody with a spine push back against the narrative that playing football = early death.

Ray Rice - it is blatantly obvious that Goodell went completely by public reaction here. Everybody knew for months that Rice had hit his girlfriend and most predicted a suspension of 1 or 2 games. So that's what Goodell did. Then the video came out and there was outrage. Goodell pretended he didn't see the video. He then caved to public pressure to have Rice essentially blackballed from the league. I still believe Rice should sue Goodell. A real commissioner would have defended his 2 game suspension by stating the fact the it was Rice's first offense, his girfriend spoke on his behalf, he was completely honest, and that the CBA didn't really give him authority to do much more.

Deflate Gate - it was a minor offense but the owners wanted payback for the light punishment and cover up of spygate. It was pretty much OJ getting 30 years for that stupid hotel robbery as a make up for him getting away with murder. Goodell, weak as always, did as he was pressured and turned it into a circus. He allowed it to become about the balls and internet scientists quoting gas laws, instead of coming out strong and saying it would have been a fine, but Brady destroyed his phone, did not cooperate, and they had a guy nicknamed "The Deflater" so yeah, we're pretty sure they did this.

All of that is why when EE says the NFL cherry picked evidence, i tend to believe that. It's very easy for me to believe that there's a barfight video out there somewhere and there are text messages where she asks people to lie that were ignored because the media wanted EE suspended so Goodell delivered.

As Elliot keeps pointing out he is not perfect....his actions in the past have been far from this statement. Even Elliot saying this he feel all he has done is forgiven, he deserves six games if not more, has nothing to do with Gödel whom I can't stand it deals with a actions unbecoming a man.

The guy blatantly lifted a girls shirt in public. He's lucky he didn't get charged for that sort of thing. You and I probably would have.