• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Fantasy sports hearing likely, GOP chairman says

Spike

Reaction score
A House Republican chairman said on Thursday that he is likely to call a hearing on the new fantasy sports sites that critics say are skirting gambling laws.

"My sense is that we will do a hearing," said Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.), the chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee. "There’s a lot of things on our front burner right now, but I think this is an issue that we ought to take a look at.”

http://thehill.com/policy/technology/254082-gop-chairman-fantasy-sports-hearing-likely

----------------------

It's not sports betting, try calling your bookie to make a fantasy bet you idiots

It's not sports betting, try calling your bookie to make a fantasy bet you idiots

It IS gambling though, which is not legal everywhere.

It IS gambling though, which is not legal everywhere.

There is a fine point to be made there I guess. This is a consequence of little old ladies voting in large numbers against anything that is fun.

There is a fine point to be made there I guess. This is a consequence of little old ladies voting in large numbers against anything that is fun.

Except bingo.

Ever notice how quick our elected officials will jump on a perceived problem in the sports world but will la la la right past their real jobs..like the debt, illegal immigration, border security or health care for veterans ?

Ever notice how quick our elected officials will jump on a perceived problem in the sports world but will la la la right past their real jobs..like the debt, illegal immigration, border security or health care for veterans ?

Cuz it's easy to pick the lowest hanging fruit!

It was a Democrat that started all this...a greedy Guido that wants a piece of the gambling pie for his state's pockets, most likely.

New Jersey Congressman Wants Review Of Daily Fantasy Sports

Rep. Frank Pallone says "murky" legal landscape around the fast-growing industry merits scrutiny.

Rep. Frank Pallone (D-N.J.) noticed the ubiquitous ads, and now wants Congress to review the legality of daily fantasy -- and the involvement of professional sports leagues and teams with the budding industry.

Pallone, the ranking Democrat on the House Energy and Commerce Committee, called on committee Chairman Fred Upton (R-Mich.) to hold hearings on daily fantasy sports, which have become lucrative outgrowth of traditional fantasy gaming.

“Despite how mainstream these sites have become, the legal landscape governing these activities remains murky and should be reviewed”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b00e2cd5e7a03b

I hope they shut that **** down!

So you want to ban state lotteries?

No, state lotteries are legal where they are legal but remember the government doesn't like competition.
Sports gambling is not legal everywhere. If it is not legal where you live and you would like it to be legal then write your state representatives and tell them or work to elect people who are in favor of legalizing it.

As usual, the Government wants their cut, and they want it their way.

Sports gambling is not legal everywhere

this is not "sports gambling"....you're not betting on the outcomes of games, just fantasy points from fantasy lineups - that's why call it fantasy

and you are playing against other average Joes, so any attempt to say it will affect the outcome of games is ridiculous

Last edited: