• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Feds arrest family for 'refusing to answer questions' Read more at http://www.wnd.com

Supervisor goes to the dog handler and hands a baggie over with orders to drop it on the next car that refuses search. I'm not saying that happened here but similar things have happened. Think FAST AND FURUOUS the orders for that illegal operation came to the ATF from the DOJ. And I am saying the timing of this incident is suspect.I am also saying that one way put them in check is demanding that the Fourth Amendment be restored and these checkpoints be banned.

Oh i agree with you that the checkpoints are a joke; i just dont buy that there is evidence planted on random travelers nearly as frequently as you surmise

Once again, the dog alert just raises reasonable suspicion and allows police to search. You have to actually have drugs in your car to lose your freedom.

Oh yeah, I forgot, the police plant that. Because nobody ever actually tries to smuggle drugs in from Mexico.

Sorry, OFTB.....an officer must have probable cause to search (except in a couple of instances involving officer safety, etc. and then the search is limited to the area within reach of the occupant(s). Probable cause is a higher threshold than reasonable suspicion. As I said earlier RS is a set of circumstances that would lead an average person to believe that illegal activity is, has or is about to occur. From that standard an officer is able to confront and briefly detain and question a subject or subjects in an effort to establish PC.
If PC is found a search may ensue.

There has been NO REASONABLE SUSPICION established by the majority of drivers stopped at checkpoints.

Oh i agree with you that the checkpoints are a joke; i just dont buy that there is evidence planted on random travelers nearly as frequently as you surmise

Nor do I.