• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Forbes Magazine: Obama best economic president of modern times!

Lies, damn lies and statistics. Real income is down and poverty rate is up since Obama took office. If the jobs situation was actually so great that wouldn't be happening. Anybody who's not blind knows that tons of people are giving up looking for work or underemployed in low wage and part time jobs.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/09/17/news/economy/poverty-income/

You only have to harken back to the phrase "jobless recover" to realize what a ****** up problem this administration has been for the economy, outside of the DC area.

Oh, I guess the economy is good for those evil fat cat Wall Street folks that the Fed has been pumping with cash to keep the stock market up.

Obama couldn't run a ******* lemonade stand.

You only have to harken back to the phrase "jobless recover" to realize what a ****** up problem this administration has been for the economy, outside of the DC area.

Ain't no recession in D.C. Business is great.

"Check it out. Dustin Hoffman, 'Rain Man,' look retarded, act retarded, not retarded. Counted toothpicks, cheated cards. Autistic, sho'. Not retarded. You know Tom Hanks, 'Forrest Gump.' Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping-pong competition. That ain't retarded. Peter Sellers, "Being There." Infantile, yes. Retarded, no. You went full retard, man. Never go full retard. You don't buy that? Ask Sean Penn, 2001, "I Am Sam." Remember? Went full retard, went home empty handed..."

-Kirk Lazarus

Karma for knowing the reference. I have the patch on my ruck.

I like how the IJREVIEW article gives Bush credit because he had flat income inequality. They don't say that result came about
because the stock market crashed on his watch and the wealthy lost a lot of money.

You can't really compare Reagan to Obama. Obama inherited a much bigger mess, some of which was actually started by Reagan.
We didn't have much of a national debt until Reagan, Reagan was the inventor of running the economy on deficit spending.

Good God, six years later, and you libs are still whining about what he "inherited"? Pathetic!

I like how the IJREVIEW article gives Bush credit because he had flat income inequality. They don't say that result came about
because the stock market crashed on his watch and the wealthy lost a lot of money.

You can't really compare Reagan to Obama. Obama inherited a much bigger mess, some of which was actually started by Reagan.
We didn't have much of a national debt until Reagan, Reagan was the inventor of running the economy on deficit spending.

I like how Reagan used his GOP majority to ramrod all of that spending through.....

Obama inherited a larger mess than Reagan? You're too young to remember the Jimmy Carter Era apparently. Pick up a non-biased history book if you can find one and read what the Peanut Farmer did to this country.

If any of you are really concerned about the economy and want to fully understand where the US Economy went wrong, Look no further than Presidential Executive Order 11110 signed by JFK. He was killed over it, and shortly after his assasination, LBJ recinded the Executive Order.

Obama inherited a larger mess than Reagan? You're too young to remember the Jimmy Carter Era apparently. Pick up a non-biased history book if you can find one and read what the Peanut Farmer did to this country.

If any of you are really concerned about the economy and want to fully understand where the US Economy went wrong, Look no further than Presidential Executive Order 11110 signed by JFK. He was killed over it, and shortly after his assasination, LBJ recinded the Executive Order.

The executive order was not recinded by LBJ... Congress made it irrelevant in 1982 though.

How many of you are aware of the Reagan financial scam? He gave everyone an across the board 10% income tax cut. Then he did social security reform which
increased taxes on the middle class by 10% wiping out their income tax decrease. Then he used the social security surpluses created by social security reform
to make his deficits look much lower than they actually were.

That is the sequence of events that led to our big national debt today and the widening income inequality gap. Countries without a big and widening middle class, can't have prosperity.
The middle class are the job creators because they spend money and start businesses in their garages.

How many of you are aware of the Reagan financial scam? He gave everyone an across the board 10% income tax cut. Then he did social security reform which
increased taxes on the middle class by 10% wiping out their income tax decrease. Then he used the social security surpluses created by social security reform
to make his deficits look much lower than they actually were.

That is the sequence of events that led to our big national debt today and the widening income inequality gap. Countries without a big and widening middle class, can't have prosperity.
The middle class are the job creators because they spend money and start businesses in their garages.
You are a moron and full of ****.
Federal tax revenues in 1990 were triple what they were in 1980 after you adjust for inflation. This is due to the fact that the economy was much stronger and generating more jobs and income.
The flip side is what we have right now. Using myself as an example because I own a small business, I currently send the state of PA about $1800.00 a month in sales tax. Pre-recession I used to send the state about $3000.00 a month in sales tax. The sales tax RATE has not changed, it's still 6%, rather my gross sales are much less because the economy has turned to **** under Bomma. Therefore the state of Pennsylvania also has less money coming in. Also I employ 13 people instead of the 22 I employed in 2007, which also means that many less people with jobs and earning incomes and spending money and paying taxes too. See how that works? Nah, nevermind, you don't.