• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Former Steelers All-Pro LB Greg Lloyd Talks Noll vs. Cowher, Kevin Greene, and why “Blitzburgh” was so Effective

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Thursday, the Pittsburgh Steelers released a video on their YouTube channel featuring Steeler Nation Radio host, Stan Savran, who sat down with former Steelers linebacker and 3x First Team All-Pro, Greg Lloyd.

They discussed the prolific defender’s playing time in black and gold, and what it meant to be a part of “Blitzburgh.”

Greg Lloyd talks with @StanLoveTheShow about being drafted to the #Steelers, playing with an edge and much more.@pepsi | Full
🎥
: https://t.co/MpR8SWxTDl pic.twitter.com/bwViqqGX3k

— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) February 17, 2022

Lloyd, now 56, also landed five Pro Bowl selections throughout his NFL career. He was drafted in the sixth round (150th overall) in the 1987 NFL Draft out of Fort Valley State University. There, he was a 3x All-Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) selection, a 3x team Defensive MVP, the SIAC Player of the Year, and a First Team Sheridan All-American selection. Lloyd would go on to become one of the Steelers’ most energizing and spirited leaders of the 1990’s. He helped create a winning environment from day one.

“We would take preseason games like they were regular season games. I know people would say, ‘Hey man, these people are playing like it’s a regular season game,’ well, yes. That’s how we did it. We were sending a message to everybody that that’s what we were going to do.”

Lloyd currently teaches Tae Kwon Do, has a son playing football at the University of Connecticut, and is now a member of the Steelers Hall of Honor.

To watch his full interview on YouTube with Savran, click here.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Thursday, the Pittsburgh Steelers released a video on their YouTube channel featuring Steeler Nation Radio host, Stan Savran, who sat down with former Steelers linebacker and 3x First Team All-Pro, Greg Lloyd.

They discussed the prolific defender’s playing time in black and gold, and what it meant to be a part of “Blitzburgh.”

Lloyd, now 56, also landed five Pro Bowl selections throughout his NFL career. He was drafted in the sixth round (150th overall) in the 1987 NFL Draft out of Fort Valley State University. There, he was a 3x All-Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) selection, a 3x team Defensive MVP, the SIAC Player of the Year, and a First Team Sheridan All-American selection. Lloyd would go on to become one of the Steelers’ most energizing and spirited leaders of the 1990’s. He helped create a winning environment from day one.

Lloyd currently teaches Tae Kwon Do, has a son playing football at the University of Connecticut, and is now a member of the Steelers Hall of Honor.

To watch his full interview on YouTube with Savran, click here.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Playing pre-season games like regular season games. That sets the tone. The players will have to be the ones to establish what the standard is going to be.

Greg teaching Tae Kwon Do, to this day they avoid Lloyd.

If he counted out al toon in this era, goodell would have retracted the entire franchise

Could you fathom Lambert,Lloyd and Harrison on the same defense. You'd need a lot of stretchers. Greene,Watt,Big Snack and LC up front

Shell,Troy,Woodson and Blount in the secondary.

Who's going to beat that defense?

Reactions: JMM
Great interview...Thanks for posting it. 95 was and still is the epitome of Steeler football for me. What a player with a heart and motor that wouldn't quit....My takeaway was him talking about training camp after the loss in the AFC Championship to San Diego......Also great accolades for KG...

I know Stan must have really enjoyed the opportunity to talk with him about the old days...

Was my favorite player by a long shot when I first was able to watch all games instead of the four or five year. Named my oldest son Greg. It's been pretty rough since his retirement liking the guy. Hopefully he got his life **** together. Good interview.