• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Former Steelers RB1 Le’Veon Bell Chimes in on Deebo Samuel’s Situation; Talks Down on James Conner

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Yeah, I know, you don’t want to hear about former Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell. We don’t usually report about him here, but we found his comments on Twitter today to be very interesting. Especially because he’s referring to the Steelers in his comments.

Steelers Bell and Conner

Photo / TribLive.com

This is what Bell had to say today about the situation unfolding in San Francisco between receiver/running back Deebo Samuel. Yesterday Samuel’s officially asked for a trade from the team via his agent.

if Debo doesn’t play this year, 1 thing the 49ers gon make sure of is to feed someone else the ball & make it seem as if they didn’t need Debo…when in reality, we all know the truth…but if Debo doesn’t play, they’ll try and make it seem like the “back up” is just as good”
if Debo doesn’t play this year, 1 thing the 49ers gon make sure of is to feed someone else the ball & make it seem as if they didn’t need Debo…when in reality, we all know the truth…but if Debo doesn’t play, they’ll try and make it seem like the “back up” is just as good …

— Le'Veon Bell (@LeVeonBell) April 21, 2022

That sounds like a slap in the face to James Conner to me. When Bell was sitting out in 2018 the Steelers turned to the second-year running back. Conner produced, and went to his first Pro Bowl after he ran for 973 yards, and caught 55 passes for another 497 yards. He combined for 13 total touchdowns replacing Bell.

STEELERS DIONTAE JOHNSON WANTS TO STAY IN PITTSBURGH

It’s a pretty stupid comment by Bell to be honest. The Steelers didn’t go out of their way to feed Conner the ball. Conner was capable of doing the job while he was healthy. We saw it at Pitt, we saw it for the Steelers, and we saw it for Arizona last season when he went to his second Pro Bowl. The facts of the matter were that when Bell went to the New York Jets after sitting out all of 2018, he just wasn’t as good. He went from having arguably the best offensive line in the game to one of the worst. And it showed for Bell. He also went from Ben Roethlisberger to Sam Darnold. Were the Steelers interested in making Bell look stupid? I’m sure they were, and they did. But it wasn’t because they took some no-name running back and handed it to him every play just to pad his stats.

conner-1024x684.jpg

Joe Sargent/Getty Images

Bell made another tweet that was just as dumb as the first one.

Debo is basically getting punished for doin too much & helping the team win
🤦🏾‍♂️
Debo just need to stay outta the backfield…

Let’s not act like Samuel had 150 rush attempts, because he didn’t. He had 59. He made the most of them by rushing for 365 yards in those attempts though. Isn’t the whole point of playing to win? To help your team win? Samuel lined up in the back field on average 4 times per game. I don’t think that’s too much to ask of him. The league is evolving, and he plays for a coach in Kyle Shannahan that’s always trying to find the new and innovative thing. And it’s worked for him as the 49ers went to the NFC Championship again last season.

Local TV personality Bob Pompeani asked Bell if he could do it all over again would he have just stayed in Pittsburgh?

I’d play WR
😂
https://t.co/sfT0sZ5g8j

Bell didn’t answer the question, but is obviously making a testament to the fact that the wide receiver market has gone crazy this off-seasons. If he could do it all over again he surely wouldn’t of held out in Pittsburgh. He wouldn’t of lost all of the money he did in 2018 to just be nearly retired by 2022.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

I don't see a slap at Conner although I can see where people might get that impression about a backup who isn't as good.

WR, Bell didn't have the speed to be a full time WR. HIs success in the receiving was due to him catching out of the backfield and having LBs or #4s or 5s DBs covering him. Had he been playing WR he would have been taken out of the picture due to his speed restraints and 2s & 3s DBs coverage who would have handled him easily.

He also had BEN who extended plays like no other QB in the league and dumped off to him creating yardage.

LeVeon isn't pulling down prime rapper labels no is he..............

Conner & Williams say Hello

Salute the nation

Remember that guy from the Brady Bunch, I think...Danny Bonaduce? The Brady Bunch had been off TV for over 20 years but he'd keep showing up places doing dumb things like a boxing match or something?

Leveon Bell is the football version of Danny Bonaduce.

Remember that guy from the Brady Bunch, I think...Danny Bonaduce? The Brady Bunch had been off TV for over 20 years but he'd keep showing up places doing dumb things like a boxing match or something?

Leveon Bell is the football version of Danny Bonaduce.
Danny Bonaduce = Partridge Family

Danny Bonaduce = Partridge Family

Greg from the Brady bunch seemed like he had that near same penchant for getting in the news only his was in trouble with the law.

Salute the nation

WR, Bell didn't have the speed to be a full time WR. HIs success in the receiving was due to him catching out of the backfield and having LBs or #4s or 5s DBs covering him.

100% correct. The Steelers would split him wide and go empty backfield, the announcers would say, "Oh, Bell is a threat as a WR," the play would unfold, and Bell would be blanketed by a S, slot corner or boundary CB. I don't remember him ever catching a ball when split out wide, which makes sense since he was never open.

Greg from the Brady bunch seemed like he had that near same penchant for getting in the news only his was in trouble with the law.

Salute the nation
and ******* Miz Brady

Meh I’m sure Conner was envious of Bell sitting at home while he was stuck playing in the pro bowl last season….

What a total dumb *** to have ****** up a HOF trajectory career over ego and pride

100% correct. The Steelers would split him wide and go empty backfield, the announcers would say, "Oh, Bell is a threat as a WR," the play would unfold, and Bell would be blanketed by a S, slot corner or boundary CB. I don't remember him ever catching a ball when split out wide, which makes sense since he was never open.
He caught a couple… but yeah as a wr he would have been a fifth or sixth guy on a team at best… thats why his position on the contract was ludicrous

Salute the nation
No, I don’t think Barry Williams ( Greg Brady ) was ever in trouble with the law.
That’d still be Bonaduce…..or Todd Bridges ( Willis Jackson ), or maybe Dustin Diamond ( Samuel Screech Powers ).

Conor was not as good as Bell, that is the truth. However, Conor was the best back while Bell sat his *** at home.

Bell was used as a pawn by his activist agent

Although this is true to a degree, Bell allowed this and is accountable to his actions.

Bell was also used by his Janga useage as well.

Bell did get a little even by his Pole Dancer usage though..................................

Salute the nation

Yeah, I know, you don’t want to hear about former Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell. We don’t usually report about him here, but we found his comments on Twitter today to be very interesting. Especially because he’s referring to the Steelers in his comments.

Steelers Bell and Conner

Photo / TribLive.com

This is what Bell had to say today about the situation unfolding in San Francisco between receiver/running back Deebo Samuel. Yesterday Samuel’s officially asked for a trade from the team via his agent.

That sounds like a slap in the face to James Conner to me. When Bell was sitting out in 2018 the Steelers turned to the second-year running back. Conner produced, and went to his first Pro Bowl after he ran for 973 yards, and caught 55 passes for another 497 yards. He combined for 13 total touchdowns replacing Bell.

STEELERS DIONTAE JOHNSON WANTS TO STAY IN PITTSBURGH

It’s a pretty stupid comment by Bell to be honest. The Steelers didn’t go out of their way to feed Conner the ball. Conner was capable of doing the job while he was healthy. We saw it at Pitt, we saw it for the Steelers, and we saw it for Arizona last season when he went to his second Pro Bowl. The facts of the matter were that when Bell went to the New York Jets after sitting out all of 2018, he just wasn’t as good. He went from having arguably the best offensive line in the game to one of the worst. And it showed for Bell. He also went from Ben Roethlisberger to Sam Darnold. Were the Steelers interested in making Bell look stupid? I’m sure they were, and they did. But it wasn’t because they took some no-name running back and handed it to him every play just to pad his stats.

conner-1024x684.jpg

Joe Sargent/Getty Images

Bell made another tweet that was just as dumb as the first one.

Let’s not act like Samuel had 150 rush attempts, because he didn’t. He had 59. He made the most of them by rushing for 365 yards in those attempts though. Isn’t the whole point of playing to win? To help your team win? Samuel lined up in the back field on average 4 times per game. I don’t think that’s too much to ask of him. The league is evolving, and he plays for a coach in Kyle Shannahan that’s always trying to find the new and innovative thing. And it’s worked for him as the 49ers went to the NFC Championship again last season.

Local TV personality Bob Pompeani asked Bell if he could do it all over again would he have just stayed in Pittsburgh?

Bell didn’t answer the question, but is obviously making a testament to the fact that the wide receiver market has gone crazy this off-seasons. If he could do it all over again he surely wouldn’t of held out in Pittsburgh. He wouldn’t of lost all of the money he did in 2018 to just be nearly retired by 2022.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..
Say what you want about Bell, but he's just stating the facts.
You say Bell had the best line in football in Pittsburgh, why were the Steelers dead last in Rushing after Bell left? It was either Conner or the line that sucked.

We all witnessed the immediate downfall of the Steelers run game after Bell left Trying to argue that it wasn't the case?? We all Saw it happen.

Is Steelernation becoming the new CNN?

Ben would have to find him as maybe the fourth read...and that's not Ben's strength. It was his biggest weakness.

I don't see a slap at Conner although I can see where people might get that impression about a backup who isn't as good.
Yes this is a straw man thread created from a straw man article. It's really, really reaching....must be the off-season.