• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Free / restricted / etc...............................

No way not in one year not with BigBen in the equation. Foster I can buy ,as well as moving Feiler to G. That is it...

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Unless we get that LT from UHuston, then big Al could be toast. The bottom line is still coaching in the 10th degree. If Munch was still here, our OL would be a non-issue. He is NOT so now we must deal in the best way we can.

Salute the nation

Why does it seem the STEELERS are always up against the cap with top heavy contracts. Why not tailor them off or front load so it's easier to "cut" when their ability starts to wan. I'm NOT a caprologist but just curious if I'm seeing wrong.

Salute the nation

Unless we get that LT from UHuston, then big Al could be toast. The bottom line is still coaching in the 10th degree. If Munch was still here, our OL would be a non-issue. He is NOT so now we must deal in the best way we can.

Salute the nation

At this point, I'd say it's age over coaching that is catching up with this line. Pouncey won't play out his contract IMHO. Foster shouldn't be resigned, he was a liability. RT can be improved, so having DD and Villa are 2 good pieces moving forward, but we need a RG/C in the draft.

As for the capology for this team, they tend to push things to the future because the cap increases each year by about $10-12M. They spend close to keep competitive and usually leave a $3-5M cushion each year in case of injury replacements.

This past year was a bit of a boon. Steelers had a ton of money to spend on FAs and they got good ones instead of just guys. Barron, Nelson, & Minkah are light years above Bostic, Burhe, and Burnett, who were purchased the year before on the cheap and are now no longer with the team.

This past year was a clusterhump. $34M in dead money and $42M in IR money left only $130M for active players. That screws with your cap a bit as well.

Youth is locked up. Watt will get 5th year optioned for 2021, so you have to work out something for JuJu this year, and I don't break the bank on a big slot. $8M range IMHO.