• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

From the "Even a Blind Squirrel" files...

50% of what Maher says is spot on, excellent and always has been.

That is about 40% more than any politician from any party.

Society should be elevating folks like this, George Carlin, etc. who help to explain to the masses the effects of poor education, mass media and political manipulation. If it was ok to like part of the message from any messenger, like Maher, then we could begin to have open discussions about things that really matter again. Like adults even. And maybe one day, as educated people willing to learn from others.

50% of what Maher says is spot on, excellent and always has been.

That is about 40% more than any politician from any party.

Society should be elevating folks like this, George Carlin, etc. who help to explain to the masses the effects of poor education, mass media and political manipulation. If it was ok to like part of the message from any messenger, like Maher, then we could begin to have open discussions about things that really matter again. Like adults even. And maybe one day, as educated people willing to learn from others.
Exactly

To the points....

I can't get with 50% of what the man says. I disagree.

50% of what he says I cheer like the people in that crowd.

I can commune with someone like that day to day.

Maher may be right +50% of the time, he is still a typical closed minded bigot who only believes what HE THINKS. He does not really listen to ”hear” opposing view points, he just talks over what he doesn’t agree with. He is no different than others, he is just moderate enough that people overlook his flaws.

Maybe people should spend more time listening to Joe Rogan. That guy is willing to have discussions with those he doesn’t agree with, and is even willing to admit when he was wrong.