• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Future Steelers games in Ireland

madinsomniac

Reaction score
The march towards the eurodivision continues….

Look I am not too upset because it gives me a reason to finally get to my ancestral homeland and maybe snag a leprechaun or at least drunkenly search for one in the pubs across the emerald Isle…

But the Nfl isn’t doing this as anything but a foundation for expansion… my guess is one day a London - Dublin - Berlin - Madrid division pops up as well as 4 more teams on the North American side.. two in canada, one in mexic and some new US city

There will be an expansion coming. It won’t be a single or even a double team bring in, but probably a 4-team addition and then another 4-team in less than 5yrs from first 4 team.

I’m curious to see what the NFL comes up with in game scheduling, what ever ****-ed up version the come up with,……………….. believ e me it will be for the most profitable view in favor of the OWNERS and Greed Machine.

Salute the nation

So the Steelers have marketing rights in Mexico and Ireland now. I think the short-term goal is to have the extra game added as an international game with the teams with marketing rights hosting "home" games for a full 17-game schedule, or close to it.

If it is a Steeler home game, I dont think it makes sense. they are always sell outs.

From what I hear, Germany is the most ready, from a fan base perspective.
My peeps! There is a ton of German Steelers fans. Doesn't surprise me they have good food and beer might as well add the best sport to go with it!

If it is a Steeler home game, I dont think it makes sense. they are always sell outs.

They will sell out Croke park, which is slightly bigger than Hienzisure or whatever it is called…
Probably at a highly inflated price and possibly with additional seating added to get it closer to its 80k capacity… all the euro Steelers fans will go… they won’t lose money on it

Remember this… the next expansion teams will cost over a billion dollars each… if they add four teams, each established team will profit about 125 million dollars each… so a couple of lost home games concession revenues aren’t exactly important on that scale

They will sell out Croke park, which is slightly bigger than Hienzisure or whatever it is called…
Probably at a highly inflated price and possibly with additional seating added to get it closer to its 80k capacity… all the euro Steelers fans will go… they won’t lose money on it
and if you think about it, they could basically be the most marketable NFL franchise in the country of Ireland.

From what I hear, Germany is the most ready, from a fan base perspective.

Possibly, but MEXICO City was ready 10 years ago. I don’t know how the strategy would work but Mexico is a prime foreign country ready to be “bilked” of their savings account…….

Salute the nation

I'd love to go to a game in Ireland, never been there even though I have cousins in Cork. Grandparents grew up there etc. Dublin's become quite the tourist destination and expensive but worth a visit to watch the Steelers regular season debut.

I can see a US super bowl, and a European cup. Then those two team compete, making thSB obsolete.

Progress, according to Rogie G.

I can see a US super bowl, and a European cup. Then those two team compete, making thSB obsolete.

Go copyright “The World Bowl” and “intercontinental Bowl” right now… then make the Rog squirm for the rights when that day comes lol

There will be an expansion coming. It won’t be a single or even a double team bring in, but probably a 4-team addition and then another 4-team in less than 5yrs from first 4 team.

I’m curious to see what the NFL comes up with in game scheduling, what ever ****-ed up version the come up with,……………….. believ e me it will be for the most profitable view in favor of the OWNERS and Greed Machine.

Salute the nation

Yes. NFL have should expand into Europe. I think there is enough of a fan base for NFL teams is Ireland, England, Germany, and Mexico to support a team within five years. The game is so much better than soccer if fans would objectively give it a try. In theory Europe has enough big men to play high level football from home grown players. They key would be getting the players into football at the high school level. There are 1,000 + jobs in the NFL that go veteran minimum or so, enticing the BIG men over 200 lbs there to give football a try. There aren't many soccer players over 210 lbs!

The NFL would have to shift games on Sunday to start at 12:00 EST and 3:00 PST for the European viewers and move Thursday night football to Friday night to make time times of the games work out. But it can work out in theory.

The “Rog” has to do something to justify being the highest paid in the entire NFL, including players.

I thought I’d read that he is getting $80 mil per year and life-time use of a private Jet along with life-time health insurance.

I don ‘t like what the NFL has turned into under his watch, including the “swept under the rug” cheating ****-ing cheatriots.

Salute the nation

Yes. NFL have should expand into Europe. I think there is enough of a fan base for NFL teams is Ireland, England, Germany, and Mexico to support a team within five years. The game is so much better than soccer if fans would objectively give it a try. In theory Europe has enough big men to play high level football from home grown players. They key would be getting the players into football at the high school level. There are 1,000 + jobs in the NFL that go veteran minimum or so, enticing the BIG men over 200 lbs there to give football a try. There aren't many soccer players over 210 lbs!

The NFL would have to shift games on Sunday to start at 12:00 EST and 3:00 PST for the European viewers and move Thursday night football to Friday night to make time times of the games work out. But it can work out in theory.

There are a lot of logistics involved should they take into this adventure. Too many to list, including the ones you broached on.

You’re 200 lb. Criteria makes sense but believe me, it’s not an entire requisite for players success.

Also, you realize that these foreign teams will be a full participant in the NFL draft process. That will water down an already lacking talent pool.

The NFL is entering the Over Saturation period in that they are playing to many prime time games. Now add in a foreign schedule and teams………….. how much NFL can the market stand……… YET keep the quality of the game.?

Salute the nation

The “Rog” has to do something to justify being the highest paid in the entire NFL, including players.

I thought I’d read that he is getting $80 mil per year and life-time use of a private Jet along with life-time health insurance.

I don ‘t like what the NFL has turned into under his watch, including the “swept under the rug” cheating ****-ing cheatriots.

Salute the nation
Maybe I should have gone into a career of virtue, instead.

Maybe I should have gone into a career of virtue, instead.

Awwwww, you could have been so successful……………… even more than the SIX Million Dollar Man………….

Salute the nation