• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's................@ Buffalo............Week 5

Couldn't believe that Tomlin opted to kick a field goal down by 21 in the second quarter. Then he outdid himself by opting to kick a field goal down by 28 in the third quarter. After missing the field goal the first time. LOL. Incredible.

The run-run-pass-punt sequences were nauseating. Canada is an embarrassment.

Watching DJ continue to let passes go through his hands, or not being able to get two feet down when he does happen to catch the ball continues to frustrate the hell out of me each and every week. I know it's coming, but it still pisses me off.

The defense is completely lost without TJ Watt. No pressure, no heart. Nothing. Get well soon, 90.

As others have said, Brady will rip this team apart next Sunday. Maybe the Steelers will be able to hang with Miami in two weeks if the Dolphins have their third-string quarterback starting. Or maybe not.

I believe that Tomlin has run out of miracles -- the tide is finally going out, and people are at last going to realize that he's been swimming naked.
The DJ thing is so disappointing because all we heard was how hard he worked to quell that issue last year, but at every instance he’s had a chance to make a Bonafide, big-time play, he comes up way short, and can’t make it. Why is he the focal point of our passing game? Why did they give him the contract? If they wanted to make a statement, they should’ve gotten rid of him when he tried to hold out. Hell, the team was getting ready to send their best receiver of all time away for threatening to hold out and he had to meet with the owner at the airport (who told him we’re going to pay what WE think is fair). Tomlin has castrated this organization with the blunders he’s made from coaching changes, and roster mismanagement. No one on the team fears losing their spot, especially when the only guys that really get penalized are the James Washington’s (being in the dog house last year), and Chris Rainey’s of the world. Talk is so ******* cheap, and it seems like people are now starting to realize that.

I think DJ is falling into a loser’s mentality. Because things are going poorly, his lapses are happening more often. If the offense was buzzing and he was getting 8-10 targets and the team was putting up points I think he’d be performing better. I think a lot of guys are fine with losing on this team, evident by Maulet’s mini blowup in the locker room after the game.

I know we sucked yesterday from Tomlin on down, but the way the bills were allowed to cheap shot our players while up 28 points made me sick to my stomach. At least 3 personal fouls that weren't called...which told the bills to "keep teeing off", imo.

Poor 'Muth lying there in a decorticate posture made me ******* angry. Blatant H2H hit and no call. 2 cheap shots on KP while were down 35 points..wtf? Classless ********. If Tomlin had a set he would have punched McDermott in the face.

******* refs and the nfl need to be reminded the boogeymen (Debo, Big Ben) are GONE! ******* trash league.

I think DJ is falling into a loser’s mentality. Because things are going poorly, his lapses are happening more often. If the offense was buzzing and he was getting 8-10 targets and the team was putting up points I think he’d be performing better. I think a lot of guys are fine with losing on this team, evident by Maulet’s mini blowup in the locker room after the game.
And how do you right the ship?

I am hoping for a post-game game ball that goes to ownership for canning Canada. Also, would give a game ball for benching Spillane and throwing Robinson in to let him learn. If we are going to be crap, may as well develop the next guy.

It's all rotten from top to bottom and I feel bad for the good players that still make their best effort yet it's all going to waste, and has been going for some years in fact, due to the ineptitude of the coaching and even the FO that don't make the appropriate changes to fix this dumpster fire

1/2 of Ben's career had wasted here, so yes, I feel bad for the current crop of the good players that lay to waste here.

Salute the nation

Tomlin's strongest suit is being a leader of men. He's not an Xs and Os dude. He's the CEO. It is his job to have everybody's focus on doing their job to the utmost of their abilities and to take this **** seriously and understand that everyone's gig is on the line. If he can't do that....

Last edited:
Tomlin's strongest suit is being a leader of men. He's not an Xs and Os dude. He's the CEO. It is his job to have everybody's focus on doing their job to their utmost of their abilities and to take this **** seriously and understand that everyone's gig is on the line. If he can't do that....
But is anyone’s gig really on the line. If so, you’d never know it.

It's a top down strategy. You need winners on the coaching staff. They need to draft guys who love football and want to win. When the Steelers had some bad apples in the locker room years ago, they got rid of them and drafted high character players. It's going to take time and commitment. I think they're too worried about maintaining status quo to do anything about it, though.

Tomlin is not a leader of men. He is a leader of men who will kiss his *** and be yes men. This team is too soft with him as head coach. Time for change.

In this regime, you have to start at the top of the coaching staff and work on down to the strength conditioning coach.

Some players too, need to be gone with probably the highest profile being Claypuff as an example, plus many lower tiered. Some starters that would have trouble making PS on other teams.

ALL aspects that have Coach Tomlin's hand/touch on it including talent / scouting, Draft Pick runner / facility personal...............etc.

Salute the nation

The disturbing thing is that Maulet is the new guy.

The disturbing thing is that Maulet is the new guy.

But still commend him for bringing things to a head. Will anybody listen, maybe not, but it is there to think about.

Salute the nation

But still commend him for bringing things to a head. Will anybody listen, maybe not, but it is there to think about.
That’s the thing. The players who have been here are apparently okay with losing.

That’s the thing. The players who have been here are apparently okay with losing.

I hear yaz Ron and if memory serves, Troy P. left saying the near same thing only he was a huge respected VET and no one wanted to listen to him. This "culture" has been around a long time........ How long has Coach Tomlin been coaching here........(rhetorical).

Salute the nation