• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's...........@ Texans............Week 4.....

Unless the goal is to lose as many games as possible - then we should keep Canada.

They all sucked. Every one of them. From start to finish. From top to bottom.

Do you quickly send Pickett up to the line and run a sneak, which is basically the only play which the guy has been able to consistently execute with any proficiency? Nah.

good post.... Glad you allowed for the above query.

**** this team is a disaster. Pickett will be out for weeks if not season and Canada made him look like a chump while their rookie lit up our superstar-laden D for 300 yards and 2 scores. Canada is killing Pickett’s confidence one game at a time. Canada and Austin both need to go now.

Do you quickly send Pickett up to the line and run a sneak, which is basically the only play which the guy has been able to consistently execute with any proficiency? Nah.

good post.... Glad you allowed for the above query.
Thanks. Either a) or b) would have been fine choices. Making it a one-score game at that point, or just getting a new set of downs would have motivated the defense. After that sack, they were deflated, and the game was pretty much over right then and there.

I just fear that Kenny missing time will be Tomlin's excuse. And the coaching ineptitude will continue.... status quo.

I just fear that Kenny missing time will be Tomlin's excuse. And the coaching ineptitude will continue.... status quo.
I hope Trubisky goes on a winning streak and Pickett never sees the field again this year. or next

FU to Rooney for what looks like another season of mediocre to inept football. He’s given Tomlin about three too many chances to turn things around.

FU to Porter. I know some players don’t like to extend their arms tackling and just dive at a players knees, but some times you have to. On the one long catch and run by Collins, Porter rolled his shoulder into Collins ankles from behind. No attempt to trip him up using his arms. It was terribly weak tackle attempt for any level of football let alone the NFL.

So there's about a minute left in the third quarter. Your team is down ten points, Your defense is doing its best to hold the line despite an inept offense that keeps putting it back on the field time and time again, and has you in the game with the fourth quarter still to play. It's 4th down and 1 at the 33.

a) Do you turn to your kicker, who has been solid gold this season, including 3 for 3 from 50+, and make it a 7-point game? Nah.

b) Do you quickly send Pickett up to the line and run a sneak, which is basically the only play which the guy has been able to consistently execute with any proficiency? Nah.

c) Do you waste a valuable timeout to think about it, allow the defense to get aligned, then come out in shotgun formation needing just a yard, and run a short out? Nah. A quick slant? Nah.

d) How about a long-developing pass play going God knows where, and getting your quarterback sacked and injured? Perfect!

It is getting harder and harder to watch this team for a full 60 minutes. I very well may have turned them off for the first time ever when Tomlin decided to punt the ball on 4th-and-2 down by 17 points with 10 minutes left in the game, if I hadn't had company over.

Yep… so let’s pretend you were a head coach who was planning to take a TO in that situation to .. well whatever they were trying to do… wouldn’t you at least have them go to the line and try to draw them off then call TO at the last second? You still get your TO and maybe you get a free first down…

And the field goal there was the move…. Or tge push play.. or a run up the middle against an average run stopping team… or a quick pass to the te from under center … not a slow developing pass play from the shotgun… that was stupid

I hope Trubisky goes on a winning streak and Pickett never sees the field again this year. or next
Well you better brace yourself for disappointment. Because Kenny will be the starter when he returns.

I thought Trubisky was the better QB last year and could still be, but the best thing for the Steelers would be for Pickett to become a solid NFL starting QB. Short of that and it’s back to searching for an answer to the most critical position on the team.

Exactly what I texted son after the game. Kenny's unfortunate injury - the product of blatant incompetence and stupidity by Cana-DUH and Tomlin - gives Tomlin the excuse for losing 11 or 12 games.

Get ready for 2024 and NFL broadcasters assuring us, "You know, Mike Tomlin has had only one losing season. And that was because of an injured QB."

Exactly what I texted son after the game. Kenny's unfortunate injury - the product of blatant incompetence and stupidity by Cana-DUH and Tomlin - gives Tomlin the excuse for losing 11 or 12 games.

Get ready for 2024 and NFL broadcasters assuring us, "You know, Mike Tomlin has had only one losing season. And that was because of an injured QB."

The funny part is none of the talking heads ever point the finger at Tomlin. It's always someone else. OC,DC,QB.

I've never seen anything like it. Noll got heat in Bradshaw's early years and a lot of heat going into the later 1980's.Cowher got a ton of heat after losing so many AFCCG's. I was one of them losing his **** after many of them

Tomlin? Nothing. And the team hasn't done dick in over a decade.

This is his baby. All of his coaches all of his players.

Yep… so let’s pretend you were a head coach who was planning to take a TO in that situation to .. well whatever they were trying to do… wouldn’t you at least have them go to the line and try to draw them off then call TO at the last second? You still get your TO and maybe you get a free first down…

And the field goal there was the move…. Or tge push play.. or a run up the middle against an average run stopping team… or a quick pass to the te from under center … not a slow developing pass play from the shotgun… that was stupid
Stupid on so many levels.

I feel like a fool thinking that the Steelers could win 10 games this year. My revised prediction is 5.

After rewatching this game again on NFL replay, I gotta say this was probably the worst officiated 1 sided called game I've seen in a while.. I'm pretty sure they wasn't going to let the Steelers win even had we played better than the Texans. They got away from murder on holdings, technical fouls, and the calls on us were just asinine. I'm srry but I'm convinced Fan dual bought the NFL and there should be a investigating going on after this. I'm hearing the same thing with the Chiefs game.

Not often you hear that a team hired the worst coordinator in the league. And we did it twice at the SAME time.
Losing Ben Roethlisberger, last of the Cowher era players. Needed an excuse.

Last edited: