• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's......................vs Bungles......week 11

Game ball Gunner who showed the desire he has making that catch at the two yard line, none of our receiver would have come close to making that play. Maybe Tomlin will get him out from under his bus.

FU Canada for some stupid first down calls.
Fu Tomlin not stopping these Steelers that make one tackle or one good play from running to the endzone and do all the rain dancing or whatever you call it. Losing record losing games and they sure have the energy for the jumping up and down and around in the endzone. If they showed that much energy and desire and practice as that maybe, they could win a game.

At this point, I'm watching the bottom feeders in the league hoping they win each weekend, and while we know it is time for Mike to head to the broadcast booth, it won't happen.

Even if Canada gets shown the door, they'll just promote someone already in the house.

My personal favorite was the flea flicker. After crossing the 50, after converting a huge third down, with an enormous catch by Pickens, our first down play all was a fucjing flea flicker……I’m at a loss. How was he not run out after that play? Or the second and seven shovel pass to Gentry? This mother ****** does not understand anything about rhythm. It is elementary, because even high school coaches don’t call shot like this.

What's with the Choo Choo?
It is buying into the hype that better execution which Tomlin constantly hypes up is what is ailing after a loss. Players and fans buy into it instead of recognizing that the second half sucked because of bad coaching and bad repetitive schematics. So obvious repetitive that players on the opposite teams point it out. They are on the just execute better choo choo. On that train refusing to get off.

The types that will rarely point that finger to the root cause of the teams problems.

A decade and some want to just point to players deficiencies only. Sidestepping anything they see or read that shows that coaching is holding this team back.

Last edited:
Seems like everyone should be happy with yesterday. Those that want to win got to see improvement from Kenny in the 1st half, so they have hope that he can be the guy. but we didnt win so those that are looking for a high draft pick should be happy. those that want our coaches gone have the 2nd half zero adjustments on offense or defense to rightfully complain about. Everyone gets someting out of yesterday

Seems like everyone should be happy with yesterday. Those that want to win got to see improvement from Kenny in the 1st half, so they have hope that he can be the guy. but we didn't win so those that are looking for a high draft pick should be happy. those that want our coaches gone have the 2nd half zero adjustments on offense or defense to rightfully complain about. Everyone gets something out of yesterday
Nope I didn't get the only thing that makes me overly happy, a win. I appreciate in game good plays sure, but losing winnable games is never a warm and fuzzy feeling. Not being competitive when it matters isn't a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Say what you will about Kenny and the Offense...

But the defense flat out stunk yesterday and was the main reason we lost that game.

The defense is more disappointing to me than our offense this year..

Nope I didn't get the only thing that makes me overly happy, a win. I appreciate in game good plays sure, but losing winnable games is never a warm and fuzzy feeling. Not being competitive when it matters isn't a warm and fuzzy feeling.
I agree. but the offense in the 1st half 100% made improvements. that is something with a rookie QB. Harris has play 2 good games. the oline doesnt suck as bad as they did.

I agree. but the offense in the 1st half 100% made improvements. that is something with a rookie QB. Harris has play 2 good games. the oline doesn't suck as bad as they did.
Funny when I was watching the game, a thought popped into my head at halftime.

"If they only could stop the game right now".

In my subconscious I must have had little faith in victory.

Getting cooked for 4 td passes and 37 points is awful. They wouldn't even double guys who kept burning them. It just goes to show that being the most expensive defense in the league doesn't mean it will be the best.

If the front doesn't get constant qb pressure they get cooked for big yards consistently. They also need a shut down corner and then double the opposing teams best player.

An amazing DC would be nice for real scheming. We haven't had one since Dick LeBeau.

At this point, I'm watching the bottom feeders in the league hoping they win each weekend, and while we know it is time for Mike to head to the broadcast booth, it won't happen.

Even if Canada gets shown the door, they'll just promote someone already in the house.

There is HOPE that the "sub" STEELERS owners are saying something to Art Duece and maybe he will stand up and actually put forth something.

ALL this **** show and not a mention of "HOT" seat from anyone, even the media is silent.

Salute the nation

Reactions: xjx
Can only hope changes are made. Even when the offense makes plays it seems like a grind.
Can only agree with many on here that schemes and play calling is just plain 'dumb'. I'm screaming at the TV as soon as they line up in formation.
And someone tell Canada, in the NFL it's 1st and 10, not 1st and 8.

Funny when I was watching the game, a thought popped into my head at halftime.

"If they only could stop the game right now".

In my subconscious I must have had little faith in victory.
In the game thread, when halftime was ending, I said something like "Well, we'll get to see if the offense can keep it up in the second half".
My subconscious was already questioning what it had seen in the first. Little did I know that the collapse would be a 2 phase collaborative between the offense and the defense.
I should have though. And the failure to recognize that possibility is on me.

Execution is definitely off. Ownership just keeps fumbling the ball when it comes to firing terrible coaches. If ownership would start executing a little better we might see results.

In the game thread, when halftime was ending, I said something like "Well, we'll get to see if the offense can keep it up in the second half".
My subconscious was already questioning what it had seen in the first. Little did I know that the collapse would be a 2 phase collaborative between the offense and the defense.
I should have though. And the failure to recognize that possibility is on me.
Eh we all hope for the best. We also had an elite QB that could pull a lot of games out of his arse. Overcoming many obstacles. Now we have less of that but it doesn't change the hope. Perhaps the D on paper looks good too for their potential. And **** a prior victory can make us wonder if they are finally turning the corner. They aren't but that shouldn't change the hope. I never fault any fan for positive wishing. I just wish they would turn some of our wishes into reality.

On a side note only 4 teams scored more points than us today and 2 of them had 31. Cowboys won in a blowout and the Bengals put up 37 against us. Other 2 were bills and lions with 31. Point is given the weather and what not i can not blame this game on the O. Yes the O crapped the bed the second half and one TD was basically in garbage time, but our defense just got destroyed. KC only scored 30 and they got their final TD w/ 30 seconds left against the Chargers who only scored 27.

On a side note only 4 teams scored more points than us today and 2 of them had 31. Cowboys won in a blowout and the Bengals put up 37 against us. Other 2 were bills and lions with 31. Point is given the weather and what not i can not blame this game on the O. Yes the O crapped the bed the second half and one TD was basically in garbage time, but our defense just got destroyed. KC only scored 30 and they got their final TD w/ 30 seconds left against the Chargers who only scored 27.
The defense won the first Bengals game and provided the offense with two turnovers in the rematch. Sometimes you gotta have the other sides back.

Bengals LB'er Germaine Pratt was quoted in the post game when asked about the 2nd Half and how they shut down the Steelers Offense he said "We knew what they were going to do. They like to run the same plays over and over."

Hearing this combined with the Steelers Post Game Radio Show saying NFL insiders have mentioned the Steelers Offensive Play Calling as "Elementary"
It has a lot to do with the formation. When I can correctly predict what is going to happen the vast majority of the time from my recliner, imagine how easy Canada makes it for his professional counterparts.

And by God, if the Steelers do decide to throw the ball on first down, and there's an incompletion, you can safely bet your car 9 out of 10 times that the next play is going to be a run (usually right up the middle).

The worst part was the steelers actually getting that late garbage TD. It gave them 30 points and allows Canada and Tomlin to fool themselves into thinking the offense is totally on the right track if only the players would play better. If Kenny would never miss a read and DJ would break 5 tackles each play.

I bet Canada couldn't wait to watch the film and put together his weekly book report on how they could have scored 50 if the players didn't screw up

I agree. but the offense in the 1st half 100% made improvements. that is something with a rookie QB. Harris has play 2 good games. the oline doesnt suck as bad as they did.
Just maybe the Harris injury is not bothering him as bad as earlier in the season?

The worst part was the steelers actually getting that late garbage TD. It gave them 30 points and allows Canada and Tomlin to fool themselves into thinking the offense is totally on the right track if only the players would play better. If Kenny would never miss a read and DJ would break 5 tackles each play.

I bet Canada couldn't wait to watch the film and put together his weekly book report on how they could have scored 50 if the players didn't screw up
Regardless of total points...the offense looked better Sunday.