• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's........week 13 vs Cardinals.....

Right. People hear talking heads say that Tomlin is great, and they just repeat it to sound like experts.

That's the media for you, they're lazy and just repeat whatever narrative is thrown out. They'll all just parrot the same thing.

Nobody actually does their research to put together a real analysis.

They'd come up with a totally different story in this case.

The body of work speaks for itself and it's all on HD film.

We should have expected this debacle that we all witnessed today! What is Tomlin's record vs absolutely horrible teams that the Steelers should destroy? I've lost count but I think Mike Tomlin has lost almost 50 games now to teams with a losing record and it seems, the worse the team actually is the more the Steelers get their ***** absolutely handed to them. This was a game that the Steelers should never lose to at home but they got completely dominated today in all facets of the game by the 2 Win Arizona Cardinals. Many of you can say this was a loss you couldn't see coming but honestly I saw this game as a Classic Trap Game and my intials thoughts on this one turned into reality. It started out ok but after Pickett went out with an ankle injury this game went downhill fast after the Steelers couldn't punch it into the endzone on that 4th & Goal from the 1yd line in the 2nd Quarter. Steelers Red Zone offense is still struggling to score points and it's not good. Injuries really piled up in this game with Kenny going down but the Steelers also lost Elandon Roberts & Isaac Seumalu and TJ Watt late in the game.

The offense didn't look bad in the first half but Kenny Pickett was under pressure early and often as the O-line struggled to protect and provide time for Pickett to throw the football as he faced constant pressure throughout the first half despite the Steelers offense having success running the football. The game got out of hand quickly in the second half as Arizona was able to get the running game going with James Conner and the passing game going when Elandon Roberts went down and the Cardinals had success attacking his replacement Mykal Walker over the middle of the field. Perhaps the Steelers were over confident going into this one but I'll call it the Perfect Storm.....Pickett going down to injury, Elandon Roberts going down, the costly mistakes by Mason Cole who low snapped to Tribusky that setup a short field for the Cards in the Red Zone and some costly penalties that kept Cardinal drives going was the difference maker in this debacle.

I don't have much else to add.....I think Tomlin should bear some of the blame for this loss not having this team prepared and focused going into the game on your home turf vs a 2-10 football team. This is the **** that drives me NUTS about Mike Tomlin coached football teams. I don't see it getting any better Thursday vs the Patriots.....I think they could lose Thursday night vs the Patriots to an even worse team if the Steelers can't fix the offense and players like Elandon Roberts and Kenny Pickett can't make it back onto the field. This was such a disappointment Steelers were 4 for 11 on 3rd down conversions today and that's just not going to translate into many victories. Just a sloppy game today by the Steelers.

Looking ahead to Thursday's game if the Steelers have to roll with Trubisky I can see the Patriots Defense being the difference maker in Thursday's game as they capitalize on Mitch's mistakes and he turns it over early and often! I can see this Steelers team taking another **** against an even worse team in the Patriots!

Per Mike Tomlin's Post Game:
Kenny Pickett - Ankle injury being evaluated
Elandon Roberts - Groin Injury being evaluated
Isaac Seumulo - Shoulder being evaluated
Minkah Fitzpatrick - Broken Left Hand...they casted it and he finished the game

Game Balls:
NONE! No one deserves honorable mention today when you lose to a 2-10 football team!

Game Goats:
Mason Cole - This guy has had his problems throughout his career and you saw him cost the Steelers 7 points today when he low snapped one to Trubisky that gave the Cards the ball in the Red Zone
Broderick Jones - His pass protection today was very bad, borderling turnstile out there today
Miles Killebrew - I think he had 2 tackles today but the 3 Penalties 2 of them cost the team dearly

FU's:
Mike Tomlin - This guy deservese the bulk of the blame for today's debacle....not having this team prepared and focused vs a 2-10 football team they should have destroyed!
Teryl Austin - Where was the adjustment to help Mykal Walker over the middle of the football field when Elandon Roberts went down with an injury? I can't blame Walker but Austin should have made some adjustments to help him in the 2nd half.
Matt Canada - **** YOU *******! Your fingerprints and stench are still lingering over this offense!
You need to be commended for your commitment... you putting yourself through that entire game in order to provide us with a nicely detailed post-game report.
I had to shut the TV off. Couldn't take it anymore.

The Clowns losing was a nice consolation though.

I also thought we played like gangbusters when the game began then everything gradually began to fall apart.
It felt like this was going to be our long overdue blowout game.
I was hoping for the same, and on the first drive thought here we go. But then the self-destruction began when Mason Cole failed to do his most basic job and the ineptitude spread like an airborne virus. This is who they are, winning a couple of games and giving false hope that the corner has been turned.

There must be some kind of way outta here
Said the joker to the thief
There's too much confusion
I can't get no relief

Say what you will about Noll and Cowher later in their coaching careers.
But NEVER did their teams NOT show up to a game or take an opponent for granted ( sans the Alfred Pupunu Steelers who wanted to make their SB rap video for their meeting with the 49ers and overlooked the Chargers ).
Emperor Chaz and The Chin NEVER played down or up to their competition.
Maybe they didn't have the talent to compete, and were embarrassed, but never looked unprepared and unmotivated like this.
This is unfortunately a staple of Tomlin's teams.
Fully healthy or not, we were losing to everyone down the stretch except Baltimore.....cause that's how Shades rolls.

The issue is, Mike Tomlins coacing is mostly OK in an era where NFL coaching almost universally sucks out loud… so he gets annointed “Great”

Because in a land full of total morons the slightly stupid idiot is thought to be a genius…
I'll take that as a compliment

this team is just a product of that generation, weak willed and gives up at the first sign of adversity. They have spent their whole lives being praised and worshipped for their athletic abilities in VERY limited peer groups. When you get to the NFL you are playing against EVERYONE who is as good as you. The number of players in the NFL today with more heart than athletic ability has continuously declined over the last few decades. Now you just see players being allowed to get by with just their pedigree. How many TOO Small Lamberts or Dirt's do you see? I have said it forever, I will gladly take 53 guys that play 125% every play and never quit, then these prima-donnas that populate the league.

Tomlin was a FU for a lot more then getting them ready. In game calls on the goal line playcall, the decision to go field goal in the 4th. There was a lot. When he put Watt in injured I'm not going to repeat the things I said. Not one word had even a syllable of race, but My mother God rest her soul would wash my mouth out with soap if she was alive.

No one here is complaining about Tomlin calling timeouts that gave time for the Cards to score a TD before halftime. What was that?

This is good -

No one here is complaining about Tomlin calling timeouts that gave time for the Cards to score a TD before halftime. What was that?

This is good -

That locker room is so divided it is sad to watch.

Right. People hear talking heads say that Tomlin is great, and they just repeat it to sound like experts.
Cards are a fking mess. But they got Murray back. We should win this….but because of Tomlin we won’t. Cards 23 Steelers 20. **** Tomlin.

The above ^^^ was my reply to my Chiefs friend when he asked about the game. I’m not Nostradamus…..but I do know Mike Tomlin. And F that ******.

I would have brought it up had I been in here earlier in the week, and I'll gladly complain about it now.

Mitch had been in the game for one exactly one handoff (a ridiculous goal line formation/playcall in its own right), there's a monsoon brewing, the Cardinals have already driven 55 yards to the Steelers' 44, the defense is tiring -- and Tomlin calls timeout on 3rd-and-6 with 1:47 left. Of course Arizona converts. Then he calls two more TOs when it was pretty clear that Gannon was just going to run the ball and play for the field goal. This allows the Cards to take a couple shots at the end zone, and McBride ends up scoring. Twice, really.

Just a total lack of situational awareness. Usually at the end of halves, he's letting the clock bleed away instead of stopping it to give his team a chance with the ball. This time, despite the adverse conditions, it was just the opposite. What was the hope? To force a punt which obviously would pin them deep in their own territory? That an ice-cold Mitch was going to drive them 70+ yards in about 90 seconds in the pouring rain to maybe set up a field goal attempt?

This is the kind of stupid shlt that passes completely under the radar while the national media continue to collectively suck Tomlin's dick.

Say what you will about Noll and Cowher later in their coaching careers.
But NEVER did their teams NOT show up to a game or take an opponent for granted ( sans the Alfred Pupunu Steelers who wanted to make their SB rap video for their meeting with the 49ers and overlooked the Chargers ).
Emperor Chaz and The Chin NEVER played down or up to their competition.
Maybe they didn't have the talent to compete, and were embarrassed, but never looked unprepared and unmotivated like this.
This is unfortunately a staple of Tomlin's teams.
Fully healthy or not, we were losing to everyone down the stretch except Baltimore.....cause that's how Shades rolls.

This shows very true, Coach Tomlin's NFL record setting 50 game losses to .500 or less teams.

It isn’t just the losing, but the wasteing of superb talents on the team, that’s the hard part.

Arguably, the Steelers have had Super Bowl talented teams, perhaps more then any other franchise in the last 10+ years, yet nothing.

As Coach Tomlin had to fill the roster along the way, with his drafted / picked players, the team has been fading and fading to the extent that the HOF Quarterback could no longer cover the deficiencies.

HERE we are.

Salute the nation