• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's.......................week 15.........................@ Carolina

I watched Carolina absolutely savage the Seahawks defense at Seattle last week. Very impressive effort by the steelers D-line and ILBers this week. Some really good run stuffs by Bush. He took on the G one play, beat the block and dropped the RB for a loss. Steelers absolutely dominated the interior line. I simply don't understand where this was last week, when the season was on the line. Seriously, what the hell? Team did not suspect that a Tyler Huntley-led offense was going to run the ball as much as they could?
No Wormley in the rotation this week?

2. Pickens: i was shocked how many times he wasn't even on the field today infavor of 1 WR sets featuring Johnson. Maybe it because his body language is horrible when a play goes bad or he's not getting the ball, sometimes he's even badly late getting back in the huddle because he's visibly pouting. This guy is awesome but hopefully someone can get in his ear on this soon
Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen a player pout more than Pickens. I like his potential, but this **** has to stop. Guy plays like a grown-*** man, time to start acting like one.

Meanwhile you still want to target GP more when he had another drop on 5 targets with 2 catches.
Pickens did not have a drop today. You're mistaken.

Another typical outing for the 2022 Steelers -- a pedestrian win over a bad team. Solid game management from the quarterback, no turnovers, and you have a group who is good enough to come out on top against inferior opponents. The good news is that they still have a decent chance to go over 7.5 wins on the season...the Raiders and Browns qualify as bad teams, and the Ravens aren't anything special.

Another typical outing for the 2022 Steelers -- a pedestrian win over a bad team. Solid game management from the quarterback, no turnovers, and you have a group who is good enough to come out on top against inferior opponents. The good news is that they still have a decent chance to go over 7.5 wins on the season...the Raiders and Browns qualify as bad teams, and the Ravens aren't anything special.
As mentioned by one of the radio pundits early in the season, the Steelers can beat bad teams, they can beat a good team that's having a bad day, but they can't beat a good team that's having a good day.

Putting 89 on the field so many times instead of Pickens is ridiculous. I don't care if he pouts. The dude makes plays and is not a one-trick pony but when he is one on one, throw it to him high and only he will get it. Sims is better than 89 as well but 89 has been getting more and more snaps it seems for some reason. It should be DJ and Pickens getting most snaps and targets. Muuth wasn't targeted once yesterday. Those 3 should get 6+ targets each per game. They also don't throw to Najee out of the backfield. He was great at it last year to the tune of 75 catches and multiple TD's. They made a definite effort to get DJ the ball. He caught everything but Trubisky was on borrowed time. Watching him, he still stares down his target. On the one play, he never looked away from DJ from the snap. It was a good thing DJ got separation and no one else was in the area. The O moved yesterday but the play calling overall is still baffling. It won't (and hasn't) work against a good team.

Putting 89 on the field so many times instead of Pickens is ridiculous. I don't care if he pouts. The dude makes plays and is not a one-trick pony but when he is one on one, throw it to him high and only he will get it. Sims is better than 89 as well but 89 has been getting more and more snaps it seems for some reason. It should be DJ and Pickens getting most snaps and targets. Muuth wasn't targeted once yesterday. Those 3 should get 6+ targets each per game. They also don't throw to Najee out of the backfield. He was great at it last year to the tune of 75 catches and multiple TD's. They made a definite effort to get DJ the ball. He caught everything but Trubisky was on borrowed time. Watching him, he still stares down his target. On the one play, he never looked away from DJ from the snap. It was a good thing DJ got separation and no one else was in the area. The O moved yesterday but the play calling overall is still baffling. It won't (and hasn't) work against a good team.
Very good post TDX27, thanks for all your great ones along the way.

Where has DJ been all season ???

DJ goes out of his way to endorse Rudy to start, a rusty QB who hasn’t played all year. DJ rebels publicly.

The coaching staff decides to appease him, bend to his approach.

DJ is lucky to have caught everything and partly due to QB play, who wasn’t his endorsed QB.

I seen more than one play the DJ took off yesterday, why is that ?

By targeting / rewarding his lash-out, Muuuuth didn’t get a single target yet alone TE Hayward.

Congratulations on the win and to DJ for this singular performance and hopes he can continue but not at the distractions costs, AB has his eyes on you.

Salute the nation

DJ still seems situationally unaware on 3rd down. He picked up the first down on the 3rd and 14 but again prioritized trying to get more than just the conversion. The benefit of the extra 5 yards isn’t worth the risk of getting tackled short of the sticks.

DJ still seems situationally unaware on 3rd down. He picked up the first down on the 3rd and 14 but again prioritized trying to get more than just the conversion. The benefit of the extra 5 yards isn’t worth the risk of getting tackled short of the sticks.
I think thought that 3rd and 14 was a key grab of the game. Even more impressive without a slot threat and a developing rookie across from him.

Gameballs to both lines. FU's to Johnson and Allen and the coaches for allowing their nonsense to go unchecked. Seriously, if i was in the Carolina huddle, I would have been like "You aint even the REAL Marcus Allen, so STFU and get TFOH"!

Yup, as much as Tomlin will probably want everyone to focus on late season wins over fellow bottom feeders like the Colts and Panthers to justify no changes to his yes man cosching staff, our humiliations by quality teams like the Eagles and Bills show where this team really is

Very good post TDX27, thanks for all your great ones along the way.

Where has DJ been all season ???

DJ goes out of his way to endorse Rudy to start, a rusty QB who hasn’t played all year. DJ rebels publicly.

The coaching staff decides to appease him, bend to his approach.

DJ is lucky to have caught everything and partly due to QB play, who wasn’t his endorsed QB.

I seen more than one play the DJ took off yesterday, why is that ?

By targeting / rewarding his lash-out, Muuuuth didn’t get a single target yet alone TE Hayward.

Congratulations on the win and to DJ for this singular performance and hopes he can continue but not at the distractions costs, AB has his eyes on you.

Salute the nation
I think Gentry got the lone TE target and catch. That's crazy with the team having 3 TE's who can catch the ball and Muuth being a top TE in the league. I just couldn't believe it late in the game and I said to myself, "self, WTF is going on! Muuth hasn't even had a target in this game and he wasn't hurt. Hmmmm.....I'm stumped." It's not like they were using him to block as I believe Gentry is the better blocker so I was clueless.

I think Gentry got the lone TE target and catch. That's crazy with the team having 3 TE's who can catch the ball and Muuth being a top TE in the league. I just couldn't believe it late in the game and I said to myself, "self, WTF is going on! Muuth hasn't even had a target in this game and he wasn't hurt. Hmmmm.....I'm stumped." It's not like they were using him to block as I believe Gentry is the better blocker so I was clueless.

To me that shows how clueless O’Canada really is. The scheme overall and the play calling is out of this realm. They schemed to feature DJ and it showed.

We won the game, thank GOD but if we had least……… imagine the out-cry.

The more of this I see the more I think O’Canada will return.

Salute the nation

I think we need a special game ball for Edmunds putting that O lineman on his *** like he thought he was Reggie White or something!

I hear ya...but to me its fairly obvious...

They do NOT want number 10 throwing the ball over the middle of the field...

I saw one intermediate pass over the middle the entire game....that was late in 4th quarter on a big 3rd down pass to 18 I believe?
Watch the reply---there wasnt another Steeler receiver closer than 25 yards to the intended target...
They did all they could to eliminate the noise underneath and Mitchell threw a bullet to convert.

Muth was used to push trubisky forward on the qb sneak.

Pickens did not have a drop today. You're mistaken.
Pickens had a ball that hit him in both hands and it hit the ground, while he wasn't being contacted by a defender. It it wasn't ruled a drop, it should have been.

And guys, Muth was playing hurt. The Steelers limited his snaps.

Pickens had a ball that hit him in both hands and it hit the ground, while he wasn't being contacted by a defender. It it wasn't ruled a drop, it should have been.
If you're referring to the out pattern where Chinn read the play, came off of his man, and jumped the route, again, you're mistaken, because the ball was deflected by Chinn before it reached Pickens.

It wasn't ruled a drop because it wasn't a drop.