• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's.....................week 16..............vs Raiders

Madden would say : it was not a catch! Boom! *draws circles here and there trying to talk physics* then he’d say RIP Franco.

Then boom! Brett favre
I don't think the ball hit the ground. If it did Franco would have had to break stride for a split second. He didn't. It was a smooth transition from catch to continuation of run.

Yet one more of those games where the Steelers come out on top against a bad team with the help of winning the turnover battle.
Game ball goes to the defense. 201 total yards allowed, and only 58 on the ground, plus 3 INTs. Heyward was outstanding. I notice people aren't complaining about them as much anymore -- that's five straight games they've allowed 17 points or less.

Clutch drive from Kenny, but he was erratic for much of the night.

Another questionable in-game decision from Tomlin, attempting a 52-yard field goal instead of going for it on 4th-and-4. Boswell had already missed from 43 on a frigid night. Foolish to risk another 8 yards in field position there, and still be trailing by more than 3 even if the kicker makes it.
Yeah, I thought the kick was a stupid idea. If you don't make the first down, does the opposing team get the ball at the original LOS or from where the kick was attempted? I thought it would be the LOS, just like an incomplete pass or no gain on a run.

Yeah, I thought the kick was a stupid idea. If you don't make the first down, does the opposing team get the ball at the original LOS or from where the kick was attempted? I thought it would be the LOS, just like an incomplete pass or no gain on a run.
The opposing team gets the ball where the ball was spotted for the field goal attempt; in this case, it was the Steelers' 42. It used to be the line of scrimmage, but that rule was changed many years ago.

The opposing team gets the ball where the ball was spotted for the field goal attempt; in this case, it was the Steelers' 42. It used to be the line of scrimmage, but that rule was changed many years ago.

Exactly. Been that way for a loooong time - at least 20 years ago, maybe more.

That's why going for it was the choice. Make the first down, great. Fail, Raiders get the ball at the 34 or whatever. Given some of Harvin's punts, that would not be a big deal.

“Tip ‘o the hat” to Pickett with that first half QB sneak. The play originally was to try to get Vegas to jump offside, but Kenny before the clock expired called an audible to snap the ball for the sneak instead. His audible was “Franco! Franco! Franco!“

“Tip ‘o the hat” to Pickett with that first half QB sneak. The play originally was to try to get Vegas to jump offside, but Kenny before the clock expired called an audible to snap the ball for the sneak instead. His audible was “Franco! Franco! Franco!“

The coach who bleats "Don't live in your fears" seems to spend every second of every game cowering in the corner.

I dont think Terry is in the best of health himself and if he would have had to go back and forth with the way the weather was might have been too much to handle. I wonder what Madden would have said if he were still around?

There is NOTHING MORE that Madden could have said that he already has said other than…………

An out-right condolence and congratulations to FRANCO’s career.

Salute the nation

Disappointment category: Where was Bradshaw? I realize he has broadcast commitments, but I think the network would understand.
Rocky Blier wasn’t there either. He called into The Fan and said he’d just had knee surgery.

I didn't really get to see this game live because there was too much going on Christmas eve. I just watched the replay and Steelers should have lost this game big. There are only 2 reason why the steelers won.

1. Derek Carr sucked. He missed so many throws. Even the last INT of the game, he has Renfrow wide open for a TD or at least a big enough play to kick a game tying FG. He badly missed it. If Carr connects on half of those bad balls, Raiders cruise to victory.

2. Raiders had 2 key defenders leave with injury. That's what finally allowed a TD drive. They managed to score just 13 against one of the worst defenses in the league and only after they had some injuries.

Canada just has to go. He's over his head. Can't even evaluate Pickett in this limited offense.

Steve Smith called out the problem

I didn't really get to see this game live because there was too much going on Christmas eve. I just watched the replay and Steelers should have lost this game big. There are only 2 reason why the steelers won.

1. Derek Carr sucked. He missed so many throws. Even the last INT of the game, he has Renfrow wide open for a TD or at least a big enough play to kick a game tying FG. He badly missed it. If Carr connects on half of those bad balls, Raiders cruise to victory.

2. Raiders had 2 key defenders leave with injury. That's what finally allowed a TD drive. They managed to score just 13 against one of the worst defenses in the league and only after they had some injuries.

Ehh, the Steelers were the better team. The Raiders had 200 yards of total offense and could not run the ball not because of injury but because the Steelers defense imposed their will on the Raiders. The Raiders had one drive - one. The long pass at the end of the 1st half was between three Steelers defenders, where Minkah should have swatted the pass away.

Canada just has to go. He's over his head. Can't even evaluate Pickett in this limited offense.

Steve Smith called out the problem

That we agree on. His offense focuses on motion to create mismatches, but those mismatches always seem to be a TE trying to block Maxx Crosby for some reason.