• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's..........Week 3 vs Bengals....

Am I the only one that remembers during the off season when Canada and Ben basically said that as long as Ben was here, it would mostly be the same plays that Ben is comfortable with, only different terminology. I hate the offense I'm seeing, including the play calling. But a big part of me remembers that they told us they would run the **** Ben was comfortable with. I think that's what we're seeing. If it is, Ben is done. If it's not that way because of Ben's comfort level, the Canada experiment is looking like an absolute failure. If it's both, then I guess I should've tempered my expectations for a rookie NFL OC, a rebuilt OL and an aging QB.
Partially but Canada all but gutted our ability to go no-huddle. What he did by eliminating so many of our hurry-up or no-huddle plays is just ludicrous. We barely have enough plays to run a 2-minute drill. How Tomlin could have even allowed that is also mind-blowing.

I just want to welcome all of you to the Tomlin Sucks universe. I've been lonely here for a while.

There is so much to fix on this team that only a complete rebuild, which often takes years, will do it. Sucks.

There was so much to dislike about yesterday: ****** offensive line play, ****** quarterback play, drops and miscommunications galore (yes, even without DJ to blame!), questionable play calling, a missed field goal by Boz, and an underwhelming defensive performance without TJ Watt.

But an important little moment of the game went unrecognized by most -- the absolutely unnecessary timeout taken by the Steelers with 1:09 left on the clock in the first half after the Najee first down at the four yard line. He was tackled in bounds at 1:13, and Tomlin inexplicably called for time 4 seconds later, with the play clock just beginning. Why the hell would he stop a running clock with a first-and-goal from the four, and give the Bengals all that extra time to potentially work with? The Bengals weren't calling for time. Pittsburgh had all of their timeouts left; they could have simply called a play on first down, taken 35+ seconds before the snap, and proceeded from there.

35 seconds takes it down to 0:35 left in the half, then the play took another 5 seconds. The Steelers score to tie the game, and they have all the momentum. So, instead of Cincinnati starting at their own 25 with 1:04 left, they would have had about 30 seconds (or less). Do they even try to throw the ball in that case? Or do they run a draw and go into the locker room happy to be tied on the road? We'll never know.

Just another glaring example of poor clock management by Mike Tomlin, and one that ended up completely changing the outlook of this game.

Partially but Canada all but gutted our ability to go no-huddle. What he did by eliminating so many of our hurry-up or no-huddle plays is just ludicrous. We barely have enough plays to run a 2-minute drill. How Tomlin could have even allowed that is also mind-blowing.
How Tomlin could allow this to happen? You're killing me.

I just want to welcome all of you to the Tomlin Sucks universe. I've been lonely here for a while.

There is so much to fix on this team that only a complete rebuild, which often takes years, will do it. Sucks.

Dude, I'm your neighbor who has been waving sporadically. Injuries mask what has been a constant.

Salute the nation

It will always happen under Tomlin he in no way will bring in someone that will over shine him so we are stuck till Mr Rooney gets over the love affair . Till then same no name coaches under Tomlin, same seeing no player no matter potential getting better.

Am I the only one that remembers during the off season when Canada and Ben basically said that as long as Ben was here, it would mostly be the same plays that Ben is comfortable with, only different terminology. I hate the offense I'm seeing, including the play calling. But a big part of me remembers that they told us they would run the **** Ben was comfortable with. I think that's what we're seeing. If it is, Ben is done. If it's not that way because of Ben's comfort level, the Canada experiment is looking like an absolute failure. If it's both, then I guess I should've tempered my expectations for a rookie NFL OC, a rebuilt OL and an aging QB.
You and me both...

This season is toast if we keep trotting that poopie offense out every week.

How about this quote from Tomlin:

“We had fired all of our bullets at that juncture in terms of some of our play selection,” said Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin. “It just wasn’t a good enough play to get in there.”
this deserves inmediate firing, talking about fired bullets, **** you tomlin