• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's..................week 4 @ Colts...

Definitely have to give kudos for the offense, AS and the unit righted the ship after a slow start, injuries and some stupid plays
Big FU to the defensive unit and coaches....the Colts exposed them early (truly unacceptable) and instead of stepping up, they curled up in a ball.
They make on stop after a Steelers TD, this game is a win.
Watt, Heyward, Queen, and Porter embarrassed themselves today, especially with a old backup QB stepping in cold....and behind a rookie C
If Taylor doesn't get hurt, he goes for 150+!
Watching the TE chip Watt, then run wide open on a 3rd & 10 in for TD summed up the defense today....failure at every level.

what i dont understand is, when patterson ran the ball he was getting 7-10 yards on almost every touch, but when najee got the ball he was stuffed at the line? what gives?

Well I missed the entire first quarter of this game due to the fact that I couldn't find a good streaming site for this game and my usual goto is apparently been down all day. If you had told me this team would be 3-1 through September I would have said I'd be happy with that but to start the season 3-0 and go into Indianapolis with a chance to go 4-0 for September and blow this one like they did today is inexcusable! They had a chance right up the very end to get the win but they just couldn't overcome the miscues throughout this game that caused them to drop to 3-1 in a heartbreaker! I'll give credit to Justin Fields for bring this team back from the brink of disaster in the 2nd half of this one but he also had a fumble on the Colts side of the field that cost them points as well as a fumble late on the final drive. Add to this George Pickens fumble in the 2nd Quarter near the Colts 5 yd line that as it looked like the Steelers were going to score a TD. The Steelers looked flat today out there to start the game and it was 17-0 before we knew it. Coming out lack luster to start a game seems more common with Mike Tomlin as our Head Coach and it has become "The Standard" for a Mike Tomlin coached team! Sorta reminded me of Super Bowl 45...at least the start of it anyway! Defensively the Steelers Defense was average at best today the entire game giving up too many third down conversions (8 for 15) to Joe Flacco & the Colts that sustained long scoring drives for the Colts. I for one am certainly glad Najee Harris did not receive an extension this off-season. He is a sure handed RB and is a strong runner once he gets going but he has no burst that you like to see from a RB and his vision is average at best! Heck seeing Cordarelle Patterson tear it up on one drive before he got injured....he might be our best option at RB! He certainly needs to be more involved in the offense.....he's a dynamic football player out there. Our offensive line is banged up and losing James Daniels today makes us a little thin at Guard...hopefully Semulo can make it back next week and Daniels isn't severely hurt. I'll say this now....Broderick Jones is looking more and more like Ereck Flowers each and every week. I'm not ready to give up on him but he's not good. I saw him getting pushed right into Fields more times than I cared to count. He was a train wreck today....thinking of him matching up against Micah Parsons next week could be ugly. This was a difficult loss because the game was very winable but for now here we sit at 3-1 and it's back home for a nice 3 game stand vs the Cowboys, Jets & Giants before our BYE Week! Did Justin Fields do enough today to win the starting job or do you give Russell Wilson a chance next week vs Cowboys?

Per Tomlin's Post Game: He gave no injury updates
Cordarelle Patterson - Ankle
James Daniels - Ankle/Knee

Game Balls:
Deshon Elliott - 8 solo tackles today 12 total....seemed like he was the only guy on Defense out there playing his *** off!
Pat Freiermuth - 5 rec for 57 yds 1 TD today......had a couple nice blocks out there on runs today too. Good game for Muth!
Justin Fields - 22 for 34 312 yds 1 TD, 2 rushing TD's.....he brought us back in the 2nd half but his fumble in the 3rd Quarter took points off the board.

Game Goats:
Mike Tomlin - His legacy will always be never having the team prepared to play and falling behind early! Super Bowl 45 was a pefect example of that!
Broderick Jones - This guy is starting to remind me of Ereck Flowers (Giants 1st Rd Draft Choice in 2015) Kid was a B-U-S-T! Broderick reminds me of him....especially today...gave up 2 sacks plus too many pressures being wakled right back into Justin Fields lap!
Najee Harris - beside a 32 yd catch & run he shows nothing. No burst, poor vision.....glad the Steelers didn't extend this kid! Cordarelle had more rushing yards on 1 drive than Najee had the enitre game!
Joey Porter Jr - 2 dropped INT's that could have been the difference in the game today! Time to hit the JUGGS machine! Gotta rebound next week...he going to be matched up with Ceedee Lamb!

FU's:
FU to the official who called Helmet to Helmet on Minkah Fitzpatrick that extended the Colts drive. Wasn't helmet to helmet but how the **** do you expect a guy running at break neck speed to stop on a dime? He did pull up when he saw the incomplete pass!
FU to the idiots who allow the NFL to play games on Artificial Turf. The **** is terrible to play on! None of those injuries today happen on a natural playing surface! Get rid of Artificial Turf!
Game Goats: Pickens for fumbling away 7 points

Definitely the PF in the 2nd quarter that took us out of FG range and killed a drive. It was initially called on Jones but wasnt him.

Play calling: stop running into stacked boxes. If Fields is QB1, let the guy ******* throw. He has shown he can make the throws. Take the kid gloves off of him already.

what i dont understand is, when patterson ran the ball he was getting 7-10 yards on almost every touch, but when najee got the ball he was stuffed at the line? what gives?
Najee is like a bull in a china shop. Patterson waited for the hole and hit it. Reminded me of Le'Veon

Najee is like a bull in a china shop. Patterson waited for the hole and hit it. Reminded me of Le'Veon
I said a hip-hop, the hippie, the hippie
To the hip, hip-hop and you don't stop the rockin'
To the bang-bang boogie, say up jump the boogie
To the rhythm of the boogie, the beat

Game Goats: Pickens for fumbling away 7 points

Definitely the PF in the 2nd quarter that took us out of FG range and killed a drive. It was initially called on Jones but wasnt him.

Play calling: stop running into stacked boxes. If Fields is QB1, let the guy ******* throw. He has shown he can make the throws. Take the kid gloves off of him already.
Not gonna happen with Shades in charge.

Definitely have to give kudos for the offense, AS and the unit righted the ship after a slow start, injuries and some stupid plays
Big FU to the defensive unit and coaches....the Colts exposed them early (truly unacceptable) and instead of stepping up, they curled up in a ball.
They make on stop after a Steelers TD, this game is a win.
Watt, Heyward, Queen, and Porter embarrassed themselves today, especially with a old backup QB stepping in cold....and behind a rookie C
If Taylor doesn't get hurt, he goes for 150+!
Watching the TE chip Watt, then run wide open on a 3rd & 10 in for TD summed up the defense today....failure at every level.
I thought Heyward played well, but the other ones I agree with. In 3 critical situations we had LBs trying to cover their WRs who are DBs couldn't cover. That play on the goal line with Queen was not really his fault, unless he was lined up wrong. I do not think any one would have been able to prevent that TD with that formation.

I thought Heyward played well, but the other ones I agree with. In 3 critical situations we had LBs trying to cover their WRs who are DBs couldn't cover. That play on the goal line with Queen was not really his fault, unless he was lined up wrong. I do not think any one would have been able to prevent that TD with that formation.

Joey missed the route. He was supposed to shoot the lane to take away the TE.

Well, the Colts called Najee soft and DK took Harris to task in an article today.