• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's............week 7.......vs JETS

I was glad that Russ settled down and moved the ball. I wasn't worried but then he got off to a bad start.

I was glad that Russ settled down and moved the ball. I wasn't worried but then he got off to a bad start.
Yes… the Yinzers need to chill the freak out!

It reminded me of the last Jets game at home that I attended.

When the very first incompletion Mitch threw… the Yinzers started the Kenny —Kenny chant.

It was embarrassing actually ..

Many won't like this, but the fact is that Wilson was the right call over Fields. Fields might improve but Wilson is a much better qb. It just is what it is.

I got crap on fb for this statement, but now those givers of crap are silent. It was obvious.

I didn’t know what to expect. I didn’t know if he was fading or able to return to form. That age I think your mind always wonders as we know every player eventually does. Doesn’t help that the team tells us little about the nature of injuries.

Many won't like this, but the fact is that Wilson was the right call over Fields. Fields might improve but Wilson is a much better qb. It just is what it is.

I got crap on fb for this statement, but now those givers of crap are silent. It was obvious.

I like it when the “crap givers” are silenced……………………

Salute the nation

Russ started off good throwing a couple quick short passes. The one swing pass he had a defender in his face right off the snap and was able to get it out for good yards. Not sure who was responsible for that guy. The 2 dirt balls in a row got me thinking maybe he threw those away. It just looked bad. If you look back at those 2 plays. Those plays were going nowhere. Justin threw 3 in a row over the heads of receivers that one game.

The crowd was too quick to get on Russ's case. That usually isn't the typical Steelers fan's to jump on someone that fast. I been watching the Steelers since the laste 70's. The guy hasn't played competative ball for close to a year. He is going to show a little rust. Played to next to nothing in preseason. As the season goes on, we will no more.

Is a person that gives two ***** the same or different than crap givers?

Some of his throws were a little light in the loafers but got the job done. I'm being picky.

That throw to Muth was dead perfect. Not sure Fields has that touch.
Let us be honest Fields didn’t spread the ball around in the same manor. His running style didn’t keep the opposing D’s honest. I do like the kid, I think he can be Lamar light. Just not my favorite type of QB. I prefer the type that scrambles to pass over scrambles to run. You keep the O dialed in and it gives them more to defend more to think about.

That saying I am thankful to have him as he can help with Ws.

100% agreed...I've been thinking (that can be dangerous at times)...Now that Justin can see the 'decisions' Russ makes while the game is live - this only adds to his skillset for the future. If he can learn to throw the 'moon ball' and those touch passes, wow, the kid will immediately be the best QB in the AFCN...

Russ is very much a seasoned veteran who has played in a lot of big time games in his career and has seen and learned a lot.
My concern was rust and can he still play at a high level.
Well, he shook off the rust and made plays that we haven’t seen around here in a while. His veteran savyness should and will help this young offense develop. Justin played pretty damn well for six games but he simply doesn’t have the experience or the big game exposure that Russ has.
Justin is a smart young man and it would be to his advantage to soak up as much as he can from Russ.

Game Balls:
Russell Wilson - The offense looked like an NFL offense for the first time in a long time.
Chris Boswell - Money once again.
Danny Smith - Two blocks tonight, well, should've been two.
Beanie Bishop - The weakest part of the secondary came up with two huge turnovers.

Game Goats:
Broderick Jones - He's been real bad this year. Probably the worst starter on the roster.
Patrick Queen - Maybe I'm off base this week, but in person, this is the first time I felt like Queen left a lot of plays on the field.

FU's:
The refs - No further explanation needed.
Aaron Rodgers - Just because.

I said it in the game day thread and I'll admit it here, again, I wanted to 'pull the plug' on Russ too early because he looked terrible in the early drives of the game - but he persevered.

Game Ball to Coach Tomlin, Russ, good googly mooly, ah hell - everybody gets a damn game ball except Broderick Jones. Come big fella I know it's not your position but you need to step up since we have no other options at RT!!!

FU to the refs. The lopsided calls nearly costs the Steelers the game and even though @Omar10213245 felt I was being a whiny ***** for noticing - apparently I wasn't wrong. I still like my brother Omar - we cannot always agree.

In closing, I would, however, put Justin in on the QB sneak situational plays but I think we can clearly see the difference between our two QBs now. If you can't, well I just don't know what to say about that...

hey nobody's perfect, berm. i still got mad love for ya my dude