• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Notes

Please no. I like Coates. The guy can't catch with broken fingers

I like Coates too and was only kidding. I hope his drops issue is simply due to broken fingers

All things aside: good, except the penalties.

No more saying anyone in our secondary is very good, how many 95 yard drives giving up 3-15, 3-5 and more to many times to count. We could have lost that game if the Colts did not drop the ball. No wonder we can't win games with 42 seconds left.

The Steelers played a lot of soft coverage in the second half. In the first half, Indy really didn't do much of anything. And honestly, the exact same can be said for our offense; Sammie Coates dropped/gave minimal effort on a couple of huge passes that would've put that game away much earlier. The thing is, the offense was toying with Indy for much of the second half. And when they needed to put the game away, they absolutely put their proverbial foots to indys throat and ended it. I didn't like the colts monster drive, but the defense stood tall and held them to zero points. The game was really never in question.

Regardless of how poorly some of you think / say they did, realize they did get a win. I'll take that as that now makes two in a row. Momentum building has to start some where. Talk about their drops, what about ours??? Did they tackle every ball carrier on first contact??? Were any of their players in missed coverage??? ****, watch the ******* raiders or gayvens or Chiefs play and you will see a lot of the same.

It's about who is getting hot and we seem to be headed that way, fry or not !!!!!!

Salute the nation

To provide some context, they were facing what may be the worst offensive line in the NFL.

Given the lack of success of a lot of our recent defensive draft picks, the fact that a rookie third-round pick from a small school was dominant in any game is encouraging. You want your best defensive players to dominant against poor competition and we saw some signs of that over the last two weeks.

I think our guys in the secondary are so worried about giving up the "splash plays" that they over think and play overly conservative. That leads to easy completions and 3rd down conversions against.

I know that's somewhat "taught" by our coaching staff, but I'd still like to see our young, athletic secondary play a bit tighter coverage and uninhibited and with a chip on their shoulders. I think the defensive line has started to figure that out (although judging them against a bad, depleted Indy O-line is probably not smart). Now we need the secondary to follow suit.

No more saying anyone in our secondary is very good, how many 95 yard drives giving up 3-15, 3-5 and more to many times to count. We could have lost that game if the Colts did not drop the ball. No wonder we can't win games with 42 seconds left.

You're wrong, but keep rootin'.

Good to see Green getting more involved and good to see Bud in the game. Bud, in limited play, seemed to be very active and getting after things. If we stay healthy and these two guys keep getting their legs under them and improving, it will help tremendously heading down the stretch and hopefully into the playoffs.

Good to see Green getting more involved and good to see Bud in the game. Bud, in limited play, seemed to be very active and getting after things. If we stay healthy and these two guys keep getting their legs under them and improving, it will help tremendously heading down the stretch and hopefully into the playoffs.
Yes sir, and Burns seems to be gaining confidence each game as well.

turn Ayers LOOSe and you will see
Tomlin smile happy as can be
The secondary has to cover deep
Making easy a right side sweep
Screw the balance, fluck the run
50yard TDs fun fun fun
If you think the kid will get tired
Watch and see as is inspired
A small guy maybe a runt
Put him back for every punt
Inspire Ayers Inspire Ayers Inspire Ayers
See coolie smile

Salute the nation

turn Ayers LOOSe and you will see
Tomlin smile happy as can be
The secondary has to cover deep
Making easy a right side sweep
Screw the balance, fluck the run
50yard TDs fun fun fun
If you think the kid will get tired
Watch and see as is inspired
A small guy maybe a runt
Put him back for every punt
Inspire Ayers Inspire Ayers Inspire Ayers
See coolie smile

Salute the nation

Coolie is that you.

;)

We're just beginning to see now what Green is capable of. He's going to amp up the offense the deeper we go into the season.

Please no. I like Coates. The guy can't catch with broken fingers

The Steelers lack of a quality #2 WR is hurting the team. Bell is good, but we really need a healthy and focused Wheaton type, or Coates healthy and focused.

Green has made a few plays to loosen up the middle.