• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gervais Rios Hollywood at Golden Globes

Hollywood's never been collectively addressed that way. The best part beyond Ricky's stellar roast was watching the crowd. Go back, slow it down. Some feigned they were laughing. Several times they showed Tom Hanks and the utter look of disgust and anger on his face was epic. EPIC. The last time they showed him he looked clearly upset in some way (not sure if it was anger or he wanted Ricky to shut up or what).

The words spoken coupled with their elitist reactions made it truly special.

81426552_10218870720291553_8615736350332682240_n.jpg

Last edited:
Well, Tom Hanks is a good old dude who's been around the block, so I'm not sure if I would pinpoint him in this laugh-about.

I think Gervais was targeting the newer millennial type who can't seem to live without an entourage, maid/butler or catering service everywhere they go. Jennifer Lopez comes to mind. Taylor Swift comes to mind.

And Gervais obviously attracted a ton of conservative fans now, but the guy is far from being a conservative. He just said something that was absolutely true (and finally needed to be said) in front of them, along with millions of viewers on TV -- which takes some brass balls. Good for him.

Typical left wingers. Its a one way street. If he had roasted the right they would all be rolling on the floor laughing and giving him a standing ovation.

I took Tom Hanks expression as "Dannnngggg" Look, if Gary Sinese is friends with Tom Hanks then he has to be a good dude. Gary is one of the finest human beings on the planet.

I took it to mean, "He's right but I can't laugh".

That monologue was the best I've ever seen. I bet I have watched it 10 times. Gervais was absolutely savage. Bravo Ricky!

"I don't care,...I don't care." -Ricky
Gervais while shaking head and shrugging shoulders